Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro Setup

What exactly does the Gyro on a stock (2 axis) UFLY do and should I be messing with it? The reason I ask is that this is my first heli and within 4 charges I was able to get hovering pretty decently but I could never get the tail to hold direction at all. What are the symptoms of a bad gyro and will the 3 axis gyro help?
Free Fall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I understand is you can adjust the gyro adjusting screw clockwise up to a point to where the heli starts to wag the tail, Then you back it off a bit. That should give you good gyro hold. That is how I adjusted mine and I found that if I give it full power, it would wag a bit and I just backed off the gyro a tad more and I have a good tail hold.
Now, keep in mind that the gyro is not design to hold the heading in one direction. If the wind moves the tail, then you have to give it a bit rudder control.
When you say not able to hold direction, use the trim tab on your radio to keep it from drifting. I find that different battery packs require different trim settings, due to weight and performance.

So, I guess if you can trim it out to sort of stay straight, then you should be ok. Make sure when you power up that the heli is level and it's not moving around.

Hope this helps.

Also, good job on getting it to hover. Walkers are no always the easiest to just hover. ... And they don't like to be in the rotor wash. A little altitude and they hover smother too.

I really enjoy mine. Expecially now that I'm flying mine around. I really enjoy doing final approaches and giving it a bit of a flare at the end with slow throttle and let it sink right down. You will really enjoy the ufly when you get it up and start flying it around, doing figure 8's and such. Oh, and the coolest thing is it takes less power in flight as it does to hover.

Here is a good web site that offers a 10day flight lesson.
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/how-t...licopters.html
Now, he really don't like the fixed pitch heli, but I think you will be ok. Main reason is because of the wind. Once you know how the wind affects a FP heli, then you can plan accordingly.What I'm referring to, is when your flying into the wind, you usually don't need as much rotor speed, but be ready to add a lot of throttle when you start to turn down wind.
darmie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey Darmie,

Thanks for the replay. The tail wag is what I might be experiencing or then again it could be the wash from trying to hover to low. Im under no disillusion that it should be easy but getting a steady hold requires a lot of left-right input even in no-wind. Im going to mess with adjusting the gyro with your suggestions and see if that helps. I was also wondeing if it was possible I damaged my gryro under one particularly bad crash that actualy knocked the gyro over and when I power heli and hold in hand I hear the servos twitching but don't see any real movement of servos.
Free Fall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3 Axis Gyro and Servos

The servos will not kick in the auto stabilization until your heli spins up, that's why you don't see the swashplate moving and hear the servos twitch abit. The tail however will work without it spinning. Hold the copter in your hand, spin it up and then look at the servos and swsahplate. Tail wag may just be slowly adjusting the rudder gyro but could also be worn bearings, unbalanced tail blades, any part of the head assembly bent, balance bar, paddles, locking collar on the rotor shaft, off balance main blades, etc..
VLAD1431 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi everybody...
I ve been trying to fly my Ufly for the last 6 months...but I can't fly it more than 5 secs before crashing...is there any post with an Step by Step to set up correctly this heli...

Thanks a lot,meanwhile i ll keep flying my little cb100..
graffin639 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in