Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2016, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 750mx motor vs 800mx?

hey guys, What is the difference in power/torque between the align dominator 750mx motor and the 800mx? I have a friend who has the 600 dominater with the 750mx but was having issues with it. so he was thinking of trying the 800mx.
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

99.9% chance this won't work. The 800MX has a bigger diameter and probably won't fit in the frame to start with. If you manage to fit it, the torque of this monster motor will just rip apart the geartrain. The gears are already at their limit with the 750MX that I don't see how they will handle an even bigger motor. Difference between the motors is quite big, the 800MX is suited for high performance 700s and 800s.

What problems does your friend experience with this motor? There are other motors by other companies that are the same size as the 750MX . Scorpion makes a 4530-500KV motor and X-Nova also has some options in that size.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

As Andreas has mentioned the 800mx is 56.7mm and the frame is only 54mm. So you, sorry your friend will have to fit another motor...
Old 09-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for your input guys. he found that out yesterday. the issue he's been having is when he's just flying around normally it's seems ok but if he gives any kind of hard collective moves the heli just does and falls out of the sky. the OWB and castle esc has been replaced.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

He needs to look at the Castle log, It could be that he is having a over current cutout. If he looks at the castle link the current limiting needs to be set to insensitive
Old 09-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Many things can cause a cutoff on a heli. First make sure that you disable Current Cutoff in the Castle settings so that you can diagnose your problem a little bit easier. Castle also has logs which can be really helpful in tracking down a problem with the power system. Additionally you should check all timing and PWM settings are correct for this motor (I can't recall the correct values right now). Other things to check are solder connections on the batteries and motor as well as if the batteries are in good condition. Only as a last resort should the motor be replaced in my opinion.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in