Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Electronics ? for an older Heli (Axe CP)

I bought a Heli Max Axe CP for a really good price intending to fly it as a beginner bird. This is my first Heli.....

Problem is I fried the E Board which costs more than I paid for the entire Heli plus a spare complete chassis without elec.

I would like to upgrade an esc/e-board that can run brushless.... anyone know of a set up that I can run? Needs to be able to operate both Main Motor and Tail Motor.

Thanks for any help!!
THSTORMS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

TTT

looking for a little direction from folks with hands on.....

anyone have a Heli-Max?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Heli-Max...item43ab4af306

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...at=0&_from=R40

depends on what version you have
there is a board there.

you may be able to use something from a Blade or Honey Bee CP heli. Or, get a separate esc (one tail one main), rx and mixer
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the help!

I'm looking more for a recommendation for upgrades that will allow me to run a brushless system with a dual motor Heli.....

Anyone?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would not spend that much on it. I would fly the rotors of it as it is (fixed that is) and save up for a Trex or the like. Nothing wrong with an little bird like that to learn on, I did that with a Walkera, but even with upgrades, they can only go so far.
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

"Cheap" unfortunately makes the worst possible first heli. The only thing you will learn from that axe cp is that ALL the money you have spent on it will be wasted. (not kidding)

I've owned a cp. any money you spend "upgrading" that heli is just money thrown away. that heli is what it is. they don't fly well and never will. upgrading will just make it fly less crappy but will always fly crappy. my recommendation is since you have it learn what you can from it. completely dismantle it and rebuild the head etc. Every flight will undoubtedly end in a crash. nothing you can do about that. every crash will result in a broken ball on the blade grips. they are cheap, but still wasted money. if you can find cheap (less than $20) aluminum blade grips, that's about the only upgrade I could recommend.

Just save your money and get something that has tail pitch. Even a blade 400 would be better, or the newer axe 450. If you're new to heli's completely then a smaller indoor heli is way better. Something like a Blade mcx, or Blade msr will teach you TONS more than that cp. Small indoor helis are nearly unbreakable, and you can fly inside anytime day or night. When you're ready for a "real" heli the best bang for your buck will be an align 450 sport combo that comes will all electronics. You'll realize how cheap a heli like that really is when you get more into the hobby. especially for the high quality the align 450 kit is.
RĒzĒ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll probably have difficulty finding much data on a brushless conversion specifically for that heli, though some is available.

did you do any searches? Ok, apparently I'm wrong, easy to find info. I just went to yahoo and typed, axe cp brusless conversion and got plenty to get started.

here is one

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5800101/tm.htm
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can install a 25 amp esc and a gyro which will make it fly much better than replacing the 3in1 board. You are still throwing money into a small heli that will not fly as well as a larger bird. Recommend finding a blade 400, blade 450, or helimax axe 450. If you still like the hobby in 2-3 months, pony up for a better heli. By the way, I have 2 axe cp helis. I fly them every once and a while and I put one in the dirt last night. Had it flying again in about 30 minutes.
dog-e-doc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I looked at how much the 3n1s cost. Wow. For the cost of those 3n1s, I would be tempted to get a Walkera 1#A. RTF it is $200, and it is brushless with a belt driven tail. Actually it is a nice little bird. Had one myself, had a lot of fun with it. Relatively durable and a lot less intimidating than a 450.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera1ar...ansmitter.aspx

Get the foam blades and they take most of the abuse in a crash save the rest of the heli.
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

best thing you can do with the axe cp is throw straight into the can. You'll be saving yourself a TON of money.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get a simulator if you dont have one and save youself a bunch of money . Keep the helimax all stock and learn to hover in all orientations before you even try to fly . Once you can hover than try some slow forward flight . You can learn with the helimax but dont waste your money on after market parts. The other thing i could recommend is a mcpx . Good luck
5488fletcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in