Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
the bold 570 will get dumped in time. Shop owners won't bring in "old" models and spares out of fear of not selling them. So it just becomes harder to get (local shop owners will order in for u) so increased waiting time. If I walk into my local goblin reseller I can't see any of the original g630 and g700 spares anymore. Everything is comp spares. So I am sure everyone is worried they going to have to "upgrade" in time to that crap canopy and landing gear. I would rather sell my goblin than be forced to move in that direction SAB is going. Even their new upgrade landing gears for g500 sport look crap too.. the day my local hobby shop makes it hard for me to get the old g500 and g570 spares (canopy, landing gear, booms etc) I move on to some other brand.. Goblin seems to have this idea in their head that they have to set trends in Rc Helis. Super strong booms, canopies, performance, hps3 head and tail and killer looks did the trick. Not this dumb landing gear, thinner canopies and booms, paint schemes that are getting worse and a canopy that looks like a flying football..
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, likes, dislikes, etc. I have yet to see an improvement from SAB that I didn't like. I would say the same even if I didn't fly them.

I live in a major city and it's near impossible to find any 'decent' brand helicopters much less SAB parts. I haven't entered a local hobby shop in years for anything other than common tools and little bits that aren't heli specific. I order everything online and have since I started in the hobby. You are lucky you have a retailer that carries SAB. As time goes on in the near future, you might be lucky to find a local dealer stocks any brand of helicopter that is not a multi-rotor. The (regular heli) hobby will regain steam at some point and I hope to see a resurgence of good 'ol 3D helis back in the market like it was back when I started. As far as spares availability, it's up to your local shop and supply vs. demand, not SAB.
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2016, 08:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
Why do you think the 570 would get dumped? It's a popular heli.
So was the 500. Hugely popular. People loved it. They fixed something that wasn't broken. I like a sport but it was a odd unexplained change for the sake of change. The landing skid in it looks wonky because it just a stretched version of the 380 skid. Proportions are off. I love the 380 skid. Hate the sport skid.

Mark my words. If they migrate the whole line towards the same as the new sport. SAB sales will suffer.
DeanR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 02:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SAB

1000% correct - "They fixed something that wasn't broken. I like a sport but it was a odd unexplained change for the sake of change."

"I have yet to see an improvement from SAB that I didn't like." - no disrespect sir, but if you call that landing gear and plastic trays an improvement, then you need to google a bit more. See how many people have broke those plastic trays and see how many people hate that landing gear.. It was about dropping the price on the kit to sell more helis.

I personally, hate the direction the canopies and landing gears are going.It worked superb on the 380, and it should have stayed there. I think the sales on the 380 led them to believe everyone would just love this look on the larger helis.. It was actually their larger helis deadly looks and performance that made everyone buy the 380. Everyone now had a chance to own a "goblin". And then sadly everyone waited for proper "upgrade" landing gears to become available... Seriously, which heli manufaturer sells landing gears as an "upgrade".
moocow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 07:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
... Seriously, which heli manufaturer sells landing gears as an "upgrade".

Bravo !!
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
1000% correct - "They fixed something that wasn't broken. I like a sport but it was a odd unexplained change for the sake of change."

"I have yet to see an improvement from SAB that I didn't like." - no disrespect sir, but if you call that landing gear and plastic trays an improvement, then you need to google a bit more.
I wish they would put more plastic parts in the comp models to make them lighter. CF and aluminum bling is all neat, but doesn't always do the job better. When I say more, I am only referring to an option of the slide type battery tray and offer the fin landing gear for the Comp models. Do I think it should come stock that way, probably not. That's fine if you don't like it and I'm sure there are others that share your sentiment. Also, lowering the price of some kits to make it available to more people is not a mistake in my opinion.

The bottom line is that you can't please everyone with a given product or release. You just have to please the majority which will buy the heli. Posts in the forums are more about issues than about warm fuzzy "I love this or that" (although there are a few). If you google "my landing gear didn't break after dropping from 50 feet" or whatever part for that matter, I'm sure the results will be low if nonexistent. :-)
Old 02-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

How is SAB about their release times? If this is coming. Is this something that will be available soon or are we looking at next year?
dbcaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes soon, 2016, I would think may/June ish
Andrew166 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 12:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

They got a 570 black carbon edition out no way they cancel the 500/570 series but a 56 powered 570 would rip or z 96 power 680-710 or maybe both one can only wish
Trex_600n,Trex_500,MR25,MikadoLoGo5003D_KDE,CastleCreations,Ys,JR XG8,Sab Goblin 380/X_Nova/Bk_Servos, JR TagsMini//Sab Goblin 500Pulse Edition, Sab Goblin570Carbon_SABUSA_X_Nova_BkServos_KDE,RJX-Swash,JR-SPG-Tail/TagsMini_JRX-Bus.
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2016, 01:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone have any news on the 700 nitro or just rumor still?
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2016, 01:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

From kyle's facebook

https://www.facebook.com/KyleStacyRC...type=3&theater
mr. mark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sure looks like the new YS 96 Power Pipe.
dbcaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade120 View Post
anyone have any news on the 700 nitro or just rumor still?

Not a rumor. It's coming very SOON.

-Markus
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 01:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great ,new heli to buy soon
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 10:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let's see how fast now all of the guys who don't care about nitro all of a sudden jump on board now because it will be the new heli! LoL
Pyroboy1438 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in