Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default YGE Gov vbar settings?

For a 700E with 4530LE motor and yge vbar gov mode are the stock settings in vbar for electric ok??? Any recommendations? I heard the dynamic is only really for nitros
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi.

For some others and me this setup works not well. Actually I am in discussion with Mikado and YGE to investigate what is the reason for that behaviour. Did you fly the heli already? Would be nice to get another impression.

Suggestions: increase gain to 35-40 and collective add to 30.

Cheers
Nils
augur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi think thats motor start/stop value wrong.

Have not flown it yet
Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have found that when using external govs like vbar that my motors work better with slightly lower timing and slightly higher pwn. I believe this has alot to do with the aggressive nature of plane fast. The other important thing i found is programming your endpoints so that they calibrate at minimum of 100/100 to 105/105... This helps increase throttle resolution for more linear soft starts. I have been doing this recently and have found that soft start is much better this way.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
I have found that when using external govs like vbar that my motors work better with slightly lower timing and slightly higher pwn. I believe this has alot to do with the aggressive nature of plane fast. The other important thing i found is programming your endpoints so that they calibrate at minimum of 100/100 to 105/105... This helps increase throttle resolution for more linear soft starts. I have been doing this recently and have found that soft start is much better this way.
Are you talking about doing this in the radio so the vBar transmitter trims show 105/105? Or just straight 105/105 in the radio regardless? Please elaborate, my startup is OK... but it could be softer as I understand some are seeing Kontronik-like startups.

I'd also like to know what lead you to the conclusion that lower timing and higher PWM performs better. Increased power, better gov, lower temps?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by augur View Post
Hi.

For some others and me this setup works not well. Actually I am in discussion with Mikado and YGE to investigate what is the reason for that behaviour. Did you fly the heli already? Would be nice to get another impression.

Suggestions: increase gain to 35-40 and collective add to 30.

Cheers
Nils
Heej, me 2, havent heard for 4 days now everything works great accept the Bailout and the softstart could be softer.

Scorpion you will get good results with pwm 12 and timing 18. I dont know where scorpion gets the 5 degrees from, it works with there own esc but deff not the yge.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Nice tip! The vbar motor start/stop slider resolution is horrible, increments of 2.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
Are you talking about doing this in the radio so the vBar transmitter trims show 105/105? Or just straight 105/105 in the radio regardless? Please elaborate, my startup is OK... but it could be softer as I understand some are seeing Kontronik-like startups.

I'd also like to know what lead you to the conclusion that lower timing and higher PWM performs better. Increased power, better gov, lower temps?
I still don't understand where you are setting your 100/100 or 105/105. In radio, or in vbar software? Could you please elaborate on where and how you are getting this?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I still don't understand where you are setting your 100/100 or 105/105. In radio, or in vbar software? Could you please elaborate on where and how you are getting this?
Set in vbar first, I set to -120 and +120 on the sliders. That gives a lot of resolution for the governor, most importantly the stop value needed for fine tuning the soft start. Then enable collective to esc in the Gov2 tab. Then program your stop and full points in the YGE progcard based on those new end points in vbar. Then go back and tweak the vbar gov stop value to get a nice soft start.

I managed to get a soft start that is perfect. It's quick, but doesn't even twitch the tail. The stop value will need to be changed if you change the spoolup speed. I have my spoolup set to 5 on my X7, default of 3 is just way too slow. I have it set to 7 on my X5.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
=Rob Cherry;3664712]Set in vbar first, I set to -120 and +120 on the sliders. That gives a lot of resolution for the governor, most importantly the stop value needed for fine tuning the soft start. Then enable collective to esc in the Gov2 tab. Then program your stop and full points in the YGE progcard based on those new end points in vbar. Then go back and tweak the vbar gov stop value to get a nice soft start.
The -120 and +120 in VBar under Setup>Tx Throttle or -120 and + 120 for Motor Stop and Motor Stop?

Sorry but I do not understand how either works? Reason is as soon as you enable Collective to ESC the VBar is now outputting the Pitch Channel to the ESC to set
ESC Motor Stop and ESC Motor Full.

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The yge initially always is abrupt for the first .2 sec then its smooth.

I tried many things and always the same start behaviour
Old 02-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
The yge initially always is abrupt for the first .2 sec then its smooth.

I tried many things and always the same start behaviour
What motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 120HV also starts with a pretty good jerk, doesn't seem to matter if startup is set to auto, 2% or 4%. Spoolup is smooth after the initial impulse. Getting the blades started by hand seems to help.

Scorpion 4035-500.
gmarsden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarsden View Post
My 120HV also starts with a pretty good jerk, doesn't seem to matter if startup is set to auto, 2% or 4%. Spoolup is smooth after the initial impulse. Getting the blades started by hand seems to help.

Scorpion 4035-500.
With VBar Gov, Motor Stop is the key to getting it right.
Same here startup power does not make much difference in the initial kick.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic3D View Post
The -120 and +120 in VBar under Setup>Tx Throttle or -120 and + 120 for Motor Stop and Motor Stop?

Sorry but I do not understand how either works? Reason is as soon as you enable Collective to ESC the VBar is now outputting the Pitch Channel to the ESC to set
ESC Motor Stop and ESC Motor Full.
I was about to say the same thing and still wonder about this. I'd love to see a softer start and it sounds like he might just have the key. screenshots would be helpful.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I was about to say the same thing and still wonder about this. I'd love to see a softer start and it sounds like he might just have the key. screenshots would be helpful.
A given set of values in VBar Motor Stop/Motor Full is not the solution, so my values with my Xera 4035 480 will not make you motor spool up smooth.
Each motor is going to start at a different value.

Follow the process I wrote in VBar Instructions Ver. 3, it works.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=339471&page=3

Old 02-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
A given set of values in VBar Motor Stop/Motor Full is not the solution, so my values with my Xera 4035 480 will not make you motor spool up smooth.
Each motor is going to start at a different value.

Follow the process I wrote in VBar Instructions Ver. 3, it works.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=339471&page=3
I understand that each setup is different. I did follow your setup and the startup is still a little bit jerky for my taste. I've seen some YGE with vBar videos on youtube that spool up like a kontronik. I certainly thank you for posting the setup instructions as I don't think I would have a working setup at all without your assistance.

I'm still trying to figure out what he is doing to get to his result as he only references "sliders", and that could be the transmitter trim tab, or the gov II tab. Another point you mentioned, when flipping into collective control it uses those values instead of throttle. So that makes his statement about the sliders even more puzzling. I just wanted to understand what he was referencing and hope for some screen shots or an in-depth explanation.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Joe1 and i talked about giving the th channel "more resolution". As it helped his setup, but I have not tried.
1. In VBar Setup>Tx use your radio to set Th endpoints to -105 +105
2. Turn off Gov
3. Rebind
4. Follow instructions , but replace above for the collective control section.

Basically you would be setting ESC endpoints to -105,+105 Your VBar motor stop and full would end up with higher values ~ +5

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Joe1 and i talked about giving the th channel "more resolution". As it helped his setup, but I have not tried.
1. In VBar Setup>Tx use your radio to set Th endpoints to -105 +105
2. Turn off Gov
3. Rebind
4. Follow instructions , but replace above for the collective control section.

Basically you would be setting ESC endpoints to -105,+105 Your VBar motor stop and full would end up with higher values ~ +5

If you have an abrupt spool up, try extending your endpoints...so far it seems to working excellent for me. To do this effectively you need to set your startup power to Auto! If you are using 2% it will not work. I find that with my Futaba 8FG programming at 100/100 usually calibrates to 92 -94 for low end to 98 -100 on the high. I now program with an offset to allow equal high and low. Hence if -100/100 gave me -92 /98 , i would program with -108/102 .....which calibrates to perfect 100/100. I have found that this alone has given me excellent results with my 12s motors compared to 92 or 94 on the low.....i have gone as far as 112/112...showing even smoother soft starts and letting me use slightly higher gov gains.

For anyone using an older pre-phase sensor YGE with Vbar gov...this will help alot. I did this with my older YGE100LV on my Vbar gov...extending the endpoints to 105/105 which not only resutled in slower soft-start but also allowed me to use higher gov gains! I flew it this weekend with new endpoints and very happy with the way it flew compared to original 94/98 endpoints.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you have an abrupt spool up, try extending your endpoints...so far it seems to working excellent for me.
I want to thank both you and Mystic for demystifying this for me. I'm pretty sure I get it now and like your added comments about offsetting. I was reading over in the Logo XXtreme forum that they are running the YGE 160 with the Brake on. I'm not sure why that would be, but MrMel is saying it won't work right without it. Now I'm curious if that would be true for all YGE ESCs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in