Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2016, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MCX2. Fun little bird!

I bought a used RTF MCX2 for $36.00 shipped off of ebay and it just got here. Checked and found the seller had put new batteries in the TX and charger and the flight battery was fully charged. So what the heck, I didn't even pre-flight the thing. I plugged in the battery and took off. While my MCPX's are "almost" big living room friendly the MXC2 is just about perfect. VERY surprised at the piro rate. I think it may be faster than my 180CFX!

I have a huge office and meeting area at work all to myself so I think this MCX2 is going to become an office bird. May have to look for another screaming deal for another one to just fly around the house on occasion. My 450's are gathering dust and I'm starting to get hooked on these little Blade micro helis. (1) 180CFC, (3) MCPX, (1) MCPX BL, (1) MCX2 (1) MSRX.

Joe
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are a lot of fun inside.

Sometimes I think we get so involved in flying our bigger heli's that we forget
that we can fly a nice little co-ax inside and just have a great time.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Only had this thing going into the 2nd day now and I've been flying the blades off it! Everything in the house becomes a possible landing pad. I even landed it safely on the folded main blades of one of my Beam 450's that was sitting on the dining room table.

I don't see much posted in the way of mods for the MCX2 vs the older MCX and honestly when I keep in mind that this is just a coaxial and don't expect the performance of a CP heli I can't see a single thing to change. I was planning to take this one to work and may still do that but I'm going to keep an eye out for another killer deal on a used one to have at home as well. Every flight is a giggle fest!

Joe
Old 06-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like to fly my little nano in the house it's perfect for doing circuits in the living room. I especially like to land and take off on the ceiling fan blades. If you have smooth floors skidding landings and touch and goes are a blast too.

Inside the house the little helis really shine and you get to fly whenever you get an itch. The micros really become fun when you don't have to use them like a big heli.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 MCX2's (one stock the other with the carbon fiber tail), 1 Yellow MCX, 1 MCX S300, and 1 MCX Tandem Rescue and fly them all the time with my DX6i. Definitely fun birds.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

If it's not the weather it's work that has kept me from flying outside for the last month or so. We finally have a nice day today so of course my back decides to go out in a big way! Got bored with watching TV so I charged up a bunch of 1S batteries and gave the little MCX2 a work out! I had put about 20 flights on it since I got it 3 weeks ago but put another dozen on it today. No sign of the motors weakening and no broken parts. Even after getting sucked into and whacked across the room by the ceiling fan twice! Because it seems to be almost unbreakable I have a lot more fun with this bird than any of my other micros in the house. I honestly didn't expect to be so happy with this little bugger.

Joe
Old 07-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojoe View Post
I bought a used RTF MCX2 for $36.00 shipped off of ebay and it just got here.
Me too (RCgroups). $36.00 (30.00 plus 6.00 shipping)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2696769

Had it delivered to my father in law in WI.

I've had one myself since 2011.

I don't think any other RC toy has delivered more fun per dollar.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2016, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked up a MCX2 after buying a Nano CPS. I felt the NCPS was a bit too much for me to handle at the time. After another two weeks of practice with the NCPS, I crash the MCX2 way more because I'm usually trying to fly too fast in the living room.

Finally broke something on it today. Was wondering when on earth it was gonna happen because I crash the MCX2 a lot compared to the NCPS'es. Snapped the flybar. Still love the MCX2 and feel it's almost indestructible with how little it weighs, but I'll be buying (2) flybars tomorrow.
Nick568 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in