Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2016, 08:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude555 View Post
If I remember correctly i have that shim and that goes onto the bearing, it doesn't take away the play on the shaft.
It goes on top of the bearing block so you probably need 2 shims under the little nob. So u need to remove main shaft place the 2 shims on from the bottom then reinstall shaft this should stop the up & down movement. This is why 3 come in the bag some need 1 shim some need 2 shims.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2016, 08:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found the Blade part number:

Shim Set, Metric 5mm/6mm [LOSA6356]
Retail Price: $6.99
Selling Price:$5.99*

Here is the link showing them:

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=LOSA6356

It's a pack of both 5mm and 6mm and they are in stock
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 08:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like RCPlanet more myself. Thanks for the part number. Here is the alternative from RCP.

http://www.rcplanet.com/?category=1#...0&refinements=[]&numerics_refinements={}&index_name="all_en"
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 09:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I like RCPlanet more myself. Thanks for the part number. Here is the alternative from RCP.

http://www.rcplanet.com/?category=1#...0&refinements=[]&numerics_refinements={}&index_name="all_en"
Here is the fixed link (Thanks for the option):

http://www.rcplanet.com/Losi_Shim_Se...p/losa6356.htm
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 09:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I found the Blade part number:

Shim Set, Metric 5mm/6mm [LOSA6356]
Retail Price: $6.99
Selling Price:$5.99*

Here is the link showing them:

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=LOSA6356

It's a pack of both 5mm and 6mm and they are in stock
That's the shims good find.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sweet! I'll be ordering some. Sucks some measly shims cost this much.
Thanks!!
prelude555 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 02:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
BTW I have another question regarding the tail case? Is it worth it to upgrade to the lynx one? I don't have much vibration but I feel like a heli this size might be better off with the aluminium.
Should I upgrade the tail grip, pitch slider as well?
I don't know about the Lynx tail, but the microheli part is very nice!
Might as well do all of it...
Old 08-25-2016, 11:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
I don't know about the Lynx tail, but the microheli part is very nice!
Might as well do all of it...
i know all too well about upgrades, once you start and by the time your done it'll cost 2-3x the heli itself.
im trying to keep upgrades to a minimal and only the essential ones.so far looks ill start with the lynx tail case.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i know all too well about upgrades, once you start and by the time your done it'll cost 2-3x the heli itself.
im trying to keep upgrades to a minimal and only the essential ones.so far looks ill start with the lynx tail case.
The beauty about these higher end helis like the 270 and 360 is they are upgraded already.. The only thing that needs doing to the 360 is the tail. I used the MH on my 270 and it is very smooth. They are on special from MH at the moment.
crsorrell0653 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 04:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it better to upgrade the whole tail such as pitch slider, pitch leveler,tail grip? Or just the tail case is good enough?
Old 08-26-2016, 07:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is it better to upgrade the whole tail such as pitch slider, pitch leveler,tail grip? Or just the tail case is good enough?
My 360 has the whole lynx ultra tail assembly but my 270 just has the Lynx tail case everything else is stock an both work great
Old 08-26-2016, 07:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm building a 3 bladed version using ALL the Microheli parts I can, strangely enough, it's not HIDEOUSLY more expensive...
The heli is built and it's cost me about the price of a new one. But I still need to buy the electronics...
Old 08-26-2016, 09:03 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 360 does not *NEED* any upgrades to be honest. Blade did a pretty good job on this one. Probably the only high performance, really out of the box heli they have produced. The old big X series seems to have been good also, and the 360 is also the product of some learning from that experience from Blade.

I changed a few parts on mine (before selling them) but just because I like to bling. The only thing that I loved was the KST servos instead of the Spektrum ones. Nothing really wrong, just that some get stuck when not powered which makes maintenance difficult. Other than that works just fine. Probably worth to upgrade on a crash or after a while on plastic parts, like the tail servo mount.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
The 360 does not *NEED* any upgrades to be honest. Blade did a pretty good job on this one. Probably the only high performance, really out of the box heli they have produced. The old big X series seems to have been good also, and the 360 is also the product of some learning from that experience from Blade.

I changed a few parts on mine (before selling them) but just because I like to bling. The only thing that I loved was the KST servos instead of the Spektrum ones. Nothing really wrong, just that some get stuck when not powered which makes maintenance difficult. Other than that works just fine. Probably worth to upgrade on a crash or after a while on plastic parts, like the tail servo mount.
By the time I really started to upgrade I had the 360 for over a year. I end up getting the lynx tail assembly then added some KST servos but I rebuit it but fighting a tail wag which probably my belt is twisted. Will check it out this weekend p.s. I have a new MH double bearing swashplate to install but will wait until I figure the wag first.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I used new aluminium parts throughout. I broke the original plastic tail case soon after I got it (talking 270cfx as my 360 Trio has not arrived yet - but same 450x parts), and reckon that was the weakest point. I have had serious tail dings since then, and no sign of breakages with the metal parts. Not impressed with Blades thinking there - upgrade the whole heli beautifully, but leave the old plastic 450 tail case that breaks real easy (currently out of stock at HH to prove the point)???
Old 08-26-2016, 04:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
I'm building a 3 bladed version using ALL the Microheli parts I can, strangely enough, it's not HIDEOUSLY more expensive...
The heli is built and it's cost me about the price of a new one. But I still need to buy the electronics...
Anybody tried those MH Precision servos. They are on special at the moment -$97 for three.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in