Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Robird G31

Robird G31 RobirdUSA Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Important notes about the Developer Alpha software

Hey all,

Today I am playing around with a few settings in the developer Alpha version of the Robird software, and have found a couple of little idiosyncrasies with it. Namely for changing settings and having them stay changed.

In this instance, we will deal with the Spool up speed setting. What brought me to this was changing the settings, and then on my next reconnection the settings had not saved. I tried different methods of saving the settings, and finally figured out how to get the settings to save.

Going back to the welcome screen and saving the file there doesn't work for this. Because the spool up is controlled by the Governor settings in the Performance tab, but it doesn't have its own menu item on the standard software GUI, you actually have to make the change in the developer tab, then go back to the performance tab and change any setting by one point and then back, and wait for the setting to save.

Here's a pictorial step by step on how to do it.

First you will need the Alpha Dev Software. You can obtain it here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...6&d=1416274045

**NOTE! - Before you start, it is highly recommended that you make a backup save of your parameter file, just in case something goes wonky!**

Do this at your own risk, I can take no responsibility for adverse effects caused by using parameters in the Developer tab in the Alpha Dev software!

1. Open the software, and connect your USB cable to the Robird.

2. Go into the Developer tab and scroll down to the "_gov" section to change your spool up speed. This is also where you can change the Autorotation bailout speed as well as the Spool Down speed (Handy for you scale guys that like a slow wind down effect) .

Make the necessary changes, and click "Save and Restart" (Note that this does not always work! It's just an extra step that may ensure your settings get saved)

3. You will then click over to the Performance tab, and change any setting up or down by one point. For this I just used the Aileron Agility setting, but any will work. Set it back and wait for the Robird software to make the change in the unit.

4. Once the settings in the performance tab are saved; you will then go back to the welcome screen, and click "Save File". Do this so you can make a backup file.

5. Disconnect the USB cable after saving your file to your computer. Then reconnect to the software again.

6. You will note that once you plug back in, the software should automatically go directly to the Developer tab. Scroll down and double check your settings. They should now be saved to the FBL Robird.

Last edited by PowerDyne; 04-12-2015 at 08:00 PM..
PowerDyne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2015, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a link here somewhere to the Alpha software in case someone wants to install it in the future? I didn't spot it, but maybe you should
upload it to the thread so it's with your helpful info here.
blade_crasher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_crasher View Post
Is there a link here somewhere to the Alpha software in case someone wants to install it in the future? I didn't spot it, but maybe you should
upload it to the thread so it's with your helpful info here.
Good call!

I added the link to the RCG download in the first post.

I would upload it here (and I believe it has been in a thread around this subforum somewhere a couple of times). However, you cannot upload zip files here without adding a different file extension, and that can cause problems for some folks.

The link above points directly to the download link on RCG (where I got mine).
Old 04-28-2015, 06:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDyne View Post
Hey all,

Today I am playing around with a few settings in the developer Alpha version of the Robird software, and have found a couple of little idiosyncrasies with it. Namely for changing settings and having them stay changed.

In this instance, we will deal with the Spool up speed setting. What brought me to this was changing the settings, and then on my next reconnection the settings had not saved. I tried different methods of saving the settings, and finally figured out how to get the settings to save.

Going back to the welcome screen and saving the file there doesn't work for this. Because the spool up is controlled by the Governor settings in the Performance tab, but it doesn't have its own menu item on the standard software GUI, you actually have to make the change in the developer tab, then go back to the performance tab and change any setting by one point and then back, and wait for the setting to save.

Here's a pictorial step by step on how to do it.

First you will need the Alpha Dev Software. You can obtain it here:

**NOTE! - Before you start, it is highly recommended that you make a backup save of your parameter file, just in case something goes wonky!**

Do this at your own risk, I can take no responsibility for adverse effects caused by using parameters in the Developer tab in the Alpha Dev software!

1. Open the software, and connect your USB cable to the Robird.

2. Go into the Developer tab and scroll down to the "_gov" section to change your spool up speed. This is also where you can change the Autorotation bailout speed as well as the Spool Down speed (Handy for you scale guys that like a slow wind down effect) .

Make the necessary changes, and click "Save and Restart" (Note that this does not always work! It's just an extra step that may ensure your settings get saved)

3. You will then click over to the Performance tab, and change any setting up or down by one point. For this I just used the Aileron Agility setting, but any will work. Set it back and wait for the Robird software to make the change in the unit.

4. Once the settings in the performance tab are saved; you will then go back to the welcome screen, and click "Save File". Do this so you can make a backup file.

5. Disconnect the USB cable after saving your file to your computer. Then reconnect to the software again.

6. You will note that once you plug back in, the software should automatically go directly to the Developer tab. Scroll down and double check your settings. They should now be saved to the FBL Robird.

Hi
Thanks for your valuable info. I have just increased the soft start speed and setup the Auto bail out. Much appreciated.
The Dev tab is also a useful addition.
IanWhitehead65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in