Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Main blades, (again? sorry)

The last main blades thread I saw was from 2012, I wondered if there was any new input.

Anyone have a source or link for any cheap CF blades?

I got my 300x(used) with some CF's installed and I love(d) them, but today I got a bit close to something and chipped the end of one of the blades, so Its time for a new set.

I have some Lynx plastic ones, and the stock woodies as spares,
the lynx really flex a lot, so I was worried about performance compared to the CF?

and the woodies seem stiff, but noone likes them...

What is today's popular opinion, (and or, anyone got links to some CF blades that aren't $30 a set?)

I am really new to RL Helis so I don't really have a good feel for things yet, sorry!

I need to charge up some batts, and I guess I will spin up the CF, and then spin up the lynx, back to back and see if I can tell a difference, my mcpxBL has left a VERY bad taste in my mouth, and I had put lynx on it, and still hated the thing, so I think that has me overly worried about them on this bird.

I know the 300x isn't a goblin, but it's leaps and bounds better than my mcpx BL experience, so I am loving it!
Leyline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gaui clones fly great and is the cheapest option, some variations in finish, mine had bubbles in the resin...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/255mm...376239529.html

I think Zeal 250s are $24 at helidirect...

Don't worry about the plastics, they can take hard 3D and flies almost as nice as carbons... great to learn on and wont break on minor accidents...

A sample of what they can take

300X - FULLY LYNX UPGRADED - VIDEO 08-12-13 02 (3 min 16 sec)
Old 10-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livan75 View Post
Gaui clones fly great and is the cheapest option, some variations in finish, mine had bubbles in the resin...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/255mm...376239529.html

I have several pairs of these for my 300x. The root is 5mm, so you need a 1mm spacer. The stock 450x spacers work just fine although the hole is bigger (3mm vs 2mm ?)
(The Zeal 250's also need a spacer.)
It takes about 3 weeks for shipping to the US.

I sanded down the root of 2 pairs so I could use them on my Gaui X2, and both had significant bubbles in the root. Makes me reluctant to use them on my X2 which runs higher headspeeds than my 300x. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable using them on a high headspeed 300x either.

Last edited by Murph_d; 10-07-2014 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: quote marks
Murph_d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you guys tons for the quick replies.

The 300 X currently runs 245 mm. Am I correct? Do I need to be running a stretch to run 255mm?
Old 10-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is kinda OT but if someone could chime in, do the cf blades fly better than lynx or microcell plastic for hard 3d? I know they can handle it since I fly them but they aren't very "poppy" but I like the disk visibility, I have a set or two on cf blades I'll have to try....
Old 10-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, I do prefer the CF blades to the Lynx plastic. Maybe its in my head since so many swear by the Lynx, but they don't feel the same at all to me.

Great for basic flight and durable for sure though..

I have Gaui's on mine presently since I trashed the last set of Edge that I had.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerjay View Post
This is kinda OT but if someone could chime in, do the cf blades fly better than lynx or microcell plastic for hard 3d? I know they can handle it since I fly them but they aren't very "poppy" but I like the disk visibility, I have a set or two on cf blades I'll have to try....
I prefer carbons but would settle for plastics any day... what head speed are you running?
Old 10-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I prefer carbons but would settle for plastics any day... what head speed are you running?

Well on my stock I have 100% flat with stock motor and pinion, no clue but on my high HS , modded one I'm building I'm shooting for 3600ish with turnigy 2215
Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not off topic at all, I asked for opinions about the blades. I am gonna fly the Lynx spares I and order some of those cheap cf since they take so long to get in. I might also try to epoxy sand and rebalance the blade cf pair I have. If I get bored enough
Old 10-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyline View Post
Not off topic at all, I asked for opinions about the blades. I am gonna fly the Lynx spares I and order some of those cheap cf since they take so long to get in. I might also try to epoxy sand and rebalance the blade cf pair I have. If I get bored enough
Yah I said OT cause the thread was mostly into where to buy cf blades not the perks but either way I think it's a really good decision, I might do a side by side comparison as soon as I drop in my p2632 and get everything tuned, I'll do lynx plastic vs microheli plastic vs blade cf and I'll look and see if I have anything else, I really need to buy a gram scale
Old 10-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got an american weights one off of amazon for $13-$15. It is amazing. Does up to 200g at 0.01 resolution. If you breathe on it it registers it lol.

Well thanks for the good words about the lynx. They definitely do not sound as nice as the cf did, they seem quieter though and not at all as weed eater sounding as my mcpxBL.

Maybe it is me, they seem to fly softer (sound/psychological). But they are definitely good enough for my skill level with this bird.

I really want to get some good sport circuit flying down with very mild 3d first.

I am very good in the Sim, but RL birds behave a lot more finicky.

Most anyone can go crazy flippity floppity, I think sweet precision flying first will make for some great artistic 3d.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Most anyone can go crazy flippity floppity, I think sweet precision flying first will make for some great artistic 3d.
+1 on that. I too am working on precision flying, flipping a heli is easy, doing a circuit backwards is harder.

I used to have lynx plastics on my 300X but I bent them in a crash and fitted revolution blades and it made a very noticeable difference. I gained an extra minute on the flight time, getting 6mins @ 3350hs doing FFF, and the heli is smoother.
andycrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycrazy View Post
+1 on that. I too am working on precision flying, flipping a heli is easy, doing a circuit backwards is harder.

I used to have lynx plastics on my 300X but I bent them in a crash and fitted revolution blades and it made a very noticeable difference. I gained an extra minute on the flight time, getting 6mins @ 3350hs doing FFF, and the heli is smoother.
Yes, but "flippety floppety" is a bit more than a front flip, before even thinking about real "flippety floppety" you have to be able to do circuits in all orientations...

@soccerjay, I don't know how high hs it is on stock, but you will notice a "pop" once you get a decent motor in it, at 3600 it starts to wake up
Old 10-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Most of the common CF blades and Lynx plastics fly somewhat different/similar until I tried X2 (clone) blades. Nothing compares not even close. Like the other guy said about the Revos, X2 clone blades give me an extra min flight time even with 3500 HS. The other advantage of the thin airfoil design is that they are much more responsive near centre. I buy 5 pairs at a time for the 5% discount. I don't see bubbles in any of them and they are quite well balanced. I fly them at up to 3600HS but mostly 3500 even use them to trim weed no worry of root failure.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I never saw bubbles in the roots either until I sanded them down. The craters left over in the root are kind of scary. That being said, a lot of x2 owners are using them with no mention of air spaces in the root. Maybe I got unlucky, but the two blade sets I sanded were purchased a couple of months apart. I know I won't be using them. I might try sanding down one more pair. I do love the way they fly on my 300x.
Murph_d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thank you guys tons for the quick replies.

The 300 X currently runs 245 mm. Am I correct? Do I need to be running a stretch to run 255mm?
No, its basically the same length as Lynx 245 plastics

The x2 255 blade compared to the Lynx 250 blade, above is 275 plastics and SAB280, they require the stretch...
Old 10-27-2014, 11:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No, its basically the same length as Lynx 245 plastics

The x2 255 blade compared to the Lynx 250 blade, above is 275 plastics and SAB280, they require the stretch...
Got five pairs delivered this week of the X2 clones, less than 3 weeks and this time around it was a bit less beauty flaws, and about five dollars more than one pair of SAB280...

I enjoy a sweet paint job as much as anyone else, but is it worth three times the money on a beater, not in my mind! In that case it will be cheaper to smash the 450...

Got a mail that TIG288 from hobbyking will work on a stretch, there is still a maybe on the stretch going back on eventually then....

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...in_Blades.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in