Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My though was that he artic silver could be shorting across the sensor
dxtarl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #62 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
There is a reason they give you multiple sensors.
That may be true with the MGP, but not with the CarbSmart, which is what I have.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no artic silver comes directly in contact with the thermistor. This failure happened before it was even mounted. My question now that it is mounted is why is the sensor reading such a low temp ? will this give me a lower reading when flying and possibly overheating the engine. target temp is 105c if the sensor is reading 16c less then what it really is then the temp of the motor would be 16c over 105c
kickybanks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you make sure the heat shrink was long enough to prevent the sensor from touching the head?
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need some parts

I got the Multi gov pro and want to add the mixture control.....my prob is o dont know where to get the parts! I have a eflite ds75 servo (Will this work)but no where to mount it and nothing to put on the mixture needle....I can probly make a control rod no problem! any one know where i can this stuff: Servo mount, Mixture needles clamp - or whatever you call the servo arm on the engine!
LjArpin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 05:55 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

What heli?

ReadyHeli has mounts for the Trex 600, 700 and Vibe 50, or you can modify one of them. I modified a Trex 600 mount for my Vibe before they came out with the Vibe version.

http://www.readyheli.com/Custom_Heli.../chp-a202n.htm - And they have several different ones.

http://www.readyheli.com/Custom_Heli.../chp-a700n.htm

http://www.readyheli.com/Custom_Heli...chp-jrv014.htm

ReadyHeli carries the CarbSmart mixture arm.

http://www.readyheli.com/CSM_CarbSma..._p/csm0052.htm

AeroSpire carries the temp sensor. Google Artic Alumina for heat sink epoxy for the mounting.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 03:37 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sweet

I Got it all on order!
Wow thanks Pinecone for the links and awesome website!
Cant believe i didnt know about it.......
LjArpin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finless,

Was there anything you changed on the advance configuration menu after some 3D flights? Any updates?
regiepogi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #69 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Nope.... only thing I have not played with is the carb smart system... I left my existing carb smart on the heli so never messed with the Multigov carb system. BUT I plan to move this unit to my 700 as with the colder temps the carb smart is not working well on my 700 so I want to try the multigov on my 700...

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Nope.... only thing I have not played with is the carb smart system... I left my existing carb smart on the heli so never messed with the Multigov carb system. BUT I plan to move this unit to my 700 as with the colder temps the carb smart is not working well on my 700 so I want to try the multigov on my 700...

Bob
Thank you!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

is it possible to use a backplate sensor for the multigov pro? any time i try to instal my sensor with the magnet i cant get it to read without hitting
haha101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #72 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha101 View Post
is it possible to use a backplate sensor for the multigov pro? any time i try to instal my sensor with the magnet i cant get it to read without hitting
Yes! The Spektrum sensor will work just fine. I'm running one with my Multigov (non-Pro) and it works great.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 03-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
OK that does it for the basics of setting up the MultiGov. I will now get mine installed and tested in the field. I will come back with a follow up video of any changes I made for my T600 and how the unit worked out! So Stay tuned!

Hey Finless, Have you had time to try the MGP on the 700 yet? I am thinking of purchasing for 600 but I am wondering what the "experts" think of the MGP. It looks like a no brainer if you want mixture control and want to replace the el-cheapo align gov.

Inquiring minds want to know!
chadjay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #74 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Honestly.... I have not BUT.... it really should work just as good on the 700 as the 600. Understand what a GOV does and so you know the size of a heli really doesn't matter to how a good gov works!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is weird, I flew my 600 yesterday and the whole time the mixture control was full lean. I landed and pulled out the display to check full lean/rich and it is right. I checked the temp on the diplay and it was saying it was 0c in the garage. How can I figure this one out, because the outside temp was 57 farenheit no where near 0c. should i just set the target temp lower, like 85c and see how it tries to lean or richen the mixture ?
kickybanks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

How would I know the max rpm it ran after a flight with the MG ver2, not MGP.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickybanks View Post
This is weird, I flew my 600 yesterday and the whole time the mixture control was full lean. I landed and pulled out the display to check full lean/rich and it is right. I checked the temp on the diplay and it was saying it was 0c in the garage. How can I figure this one out, because the outside temp was 57 farenheit no where near 0c. should i just set the target temp lower, like 85c and see how it tries to lean or richen the mixture ?
Sounds like your temp sensor might be faulty. I would check that it is working before using the mixture control again.
Nige69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got my MGP yesterday, this is my first gov so I will have to drop my engine to place the magnets. Do I need to put the other magnet (with opposing pole) in also for balance or just fill the other magnet hole with epoxy or just leave it alone? Also does that Spektrum backplate sensor work with a 72Mhz radio system of the JR type?

Thanks,
Matt
PutU2Sleep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #79 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutU2Sleep View Post
Also does that Spektrum backplate sensor work with a 72Mhz radio system of the JR type?
It's radio agnostic: it never connects to a receiver (even on the AR7100R, it connects to the rev limiter in the receiver, not the receiver channels themselves).

I would strongly advise going with the backplate sensor. It won't be prone to destruction in a crash (I destroyed two fan sensors in crashes) and it's just easier to deal with.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 04-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Governor test turns on above 50%

I watched the multigov videos and Bob states that during the governor test its supposed to turn on at around 20% throttle in normal mode. I have a linear throttle curve and no matter what I do it still won't turn on until the stick is ABOVE 50% throttle. What affects the turn on point of the governor that can adjust this back down where it is supposed to be?
simusphere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in