Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #581 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Aurora 9 - Cross Trims or Re-Assign Thr<>Elev Trims, Throttle Stick Rev,Sub Trims & Trim C & S problems.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers & Telemetry - FAQ & Undocumented Features

- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
…thanks Alan !!!
gelatmi1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #582 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all. A quick question. Can I change ch6 pitch j2 to ch4 pitch j2. Without consequence?
Nitros83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #583 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi everybody.

I've just got a trex 450 sport v2 and I was wondering what would be a good setting for the aurora 9, especially for the gyro, I'm not trying to do 3D, just basic sport flying.

Any help is really appreciated!
airmanthesixth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #584 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanthesixth View Post
Hi everybody.

I've just got a trex 450 sport v2 and I was wondering what would be a good setting for the aurora 9, especially for the gyro, I'm not trying to do 3D, just basic sport flying.

Any help is really appreciated!
Good question. There is no 'perfect' value. You'll have to find it.

I'm flying a bunch of helicopters with the A9 and gyro settings vary all the way from 46 to 82. It depends on tail geometry, distance of ball links / servo arm holes and the type of gyro.

Start with something low (like 50), then go up until you get tail wag. Then turn it down a bit and you've got the sweet spot setting. With 3D you might have to lower it a bit more to get a stable tail. Higher constant headspeed usually means lower gain required.

Sometimes this is 58, sometimes this is 82. No way to tell but follow the procedure of gradually increasing gain.
PHeMoX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #585 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks much for these videos saved me a butt load of time as always your videos are very helpful thanks again
piranhafreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #586 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros83 View Post
Hi all. A quick question. Can I change ch6 pitch j2 to ch4 pitch j2. Without consequence?
Why would you want to do that and what are you going to do with channel 4 which is supposed to be the rudder channel?

The short answer is that it does not matter much as long as you keep track of what is being controlled by the sticks, but you'll definitely have to switch the rudder to someplace else as far as the receiver side of things go.

Your question sparked my interest though, why do you want to change it?
Old 03-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #587 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHeMoX View Post
Why would you want to do that and what are you going to do with channel 4 which is supposed to be the rudder channel?

The short answer is that it does not matter much as long as you keep track of what is being controlled by the sticks, but you'll definitely have to switch the rudder to someplace else as far as the receiver side of things go.

Your question sparked my interest though, why do you want to change it?
i have to hook up to vbar and all the ch's output are on one side of the rx that's the reason, anyway o sorted it out i does work
Nitros83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #588 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aurora 9 with SK 720

Dear Senior Flyer,

Need a little favour here.

My intended plan is to get goblin 630 with SK 720 FBL.

I'm using aurora 9 here and i do not know where should i post on which title.

As this is a big heli, i need something to be invest and cut the chances of stupid mistake.

Hope to hear soon

Carlos
tearsnitez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #589 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A9 and Futaba CGY-750 FBL

FYI to any interested -
I have successfully setup a HiTecRCD system for use with the CGY-750 which will be used on a Whiplash Gasser as soon as it becomes available (I mean the very SECOND it becomes available* ).
Using the SBE-1 encoder to enable use of the CGY-750 also provided FULL functionality of its features, to include Aileron and Elevator gain adjustment from the Tx; and selection from Norm/AVCS/& Throttle Hold in all flight conditions that I setup. Although I don't have the model yet, the good thing about the CGY-750 and A9 is that all settings can be verified via digital displays. This includes the governor settings in all flight conditions.
My setup includes the following:
- HiTec Aurora 9 (9 channel) TX
- HiTec Optima 9 (9 channel) Rx
- PowereEdge 3000 mAh LiFePo receiver pack
- Fromeco Arizona Regulator (w/pin flag switch)
- Stator Gator (with voltage jumper)
- JR DS8717 - Cyclic Servo Set (3)
- JR PS8900G - Throttle Servo
- JR PSMP80G - Tail Servo
- TRM Power 270TT Engine
- Century Torpedo V5 Muffler
- RCBooya Rear Canopy Mounts
- Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets (DH250D-FT-NI) from "Amazing Magnets .com" for Quick Release front Canopy Mounts
Eager to put it all in my model!
I am running the battery to the regulator via a deans connection. Two leads provide power to the CGY-750 via the regulator. The CGY-750 provides power to the servos via the SBus connector which goes to the SBE-1 encoder. The SBE-1 has 10 leads, 2 of which provide power to the Rx. Leads 1 through 9 are used and are numbered exactly as the default channels are laid out on the Optima 9 Rx.
I have a secondary on/off switch (JRPA001 Gold Deluxe) which is plugs into a standard servo type connector from another direct battery lead. On the switched side of the on/off switch I have a Y connector which supplies switched power to the Stator Gator, and directly to the Rx's SPC port. The SPC port supplies power to the Rx ONLY (seperate from the servos). This also provides me real time Rx pack voltage telemetry directly on to the Tx display.
- Channels 1 through 6 are pretty standard.
- Channel 7 is used for the governor.
- Channels 8 and 9 are used for the elevator and aileron gain.
Throttle stick position is used to activiate the governor so I do not use/need the #10 lead from the SBE-1 which would otherwise be used for a governor on/off switch on the Tx.
If anyone is using the same Tx/Rx equipment I'd be happy to share my setup file. Just send me a PM with where you'd like it emailed and I'll send it. I will likely still have to explain a few things and how some of the features work with the A9 Tx... But I'd be happy to do so.
Please remember that the setup file I have is NOT trimmed out yet as the model I will be installing everything in is not yet released as of posting this message. All works well on the bench though, in terms of the "features" of the CGY-750 which is the only reason why I thought all of this may be useful (on this particular thread) to anyone who may have been in the same situation as me prior to working through everything... Which was - Will the SBE-1 give me the functions I want out of the CGY-750 with my radio package? I am pleased to say - Yes it does!
Seasick78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #590 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SPC port 12S setup

Hi guys,
see below my SPC port plug.
It should allow me to get the telemetry from one of the 6S LIPO but also get a backup alimentation.

I would do it this week end. Hope It would work and I will not burn anything.

mat081278 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #591 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I have just finished soldering it.
It works great. Nothing burn.

So this is the solution to use in security the SPC port.
Best regards.
mat081278 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #592 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hitec Aurora 9 screen dead at startup

Hi
Has anyone found a solution to the problem of a dead screen on startup. It used to happen intermittently, and was easily solved by switching off and on. Today it's permanent.
The back light comes on, but nothing on the screen, and no touch sensitivity.
There's an old video here that describes the same problem. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-okHGAZ9_0[/ame]
My transmitter is just over a year old, so I guess there's no more warranty.
Has anyone experienced the same, and found a solution?
fidel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #593 (permalink)
Registered Users

$575.00 for everything below...

For sale:

-One Hitec Aurora 9 Tx in mint used condition. Comes with original box.

-Two Hitec Optima 9 Rx's in perfect working order.

-One Hitec Optima 7 Rx in perfect working order.

-One Futaba SBE-1 PWM Encoder

-Complete HTS-SS Telemetry Seneor Station (for Nitro, includes optical RPM sensor, magnetic RPM sensor, GPS sensor, (4) temp sensors, and the nitro fuel sensor.

-HTS-Navi Wireless telemtry navigator (PC USB adapter to receive and log telemetry data).

-HPP-22 Programmer for Tx and Rx (used for updating the firmware of the Tx and Rx, as well as saving model config files).

Nothing wrong with any of the equipment, have just decided to use another Tx as my primary so this equipment is no longer needed.

$575.00

Last edited by Seasick78; 07-21-2012 at 09:00 PM..
Seasick78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #594 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aurora with Spektrum module hack and Blade mCPX heli programing?

Has anyone here used the A9 with a Spektrum brand module with their Eflite micro helis (specifically for me right now is the mCPX)? I'm set up and flying with the module in my A9 and it works fine for the UMX planes and for the most part with the Blade RTF helis. The problem I'm having is with a brief throttle blip when switching from throttle hold to normal. The motor spins up for a second and this causes the heli to spin around 180 degrees or so. The motor stop almost as quickly as it starts and everything is fine from there. I just don't like that little unintended blip of throttle. Left stick is all the way down and I tried reducing the trim and subtrim to get it to stop. I've programmed at least 6 Optima receivered helis on the A9 successfully just not this mCPx. Thanks
JoeR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #595 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidel View Post
Hi
Has anyone found a solution to the problem of a dead screen on startup. It used to happen intermittently, and was easily solved by switching off and on. Today it's permanent.
The back light comes on, but nothing on the screen, and no touch sensitivity.
There's an old video here that describes the same problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-okHGAZ9_0
My transmitter is just over a year old, so I guess there's no more warranty.
Has anyone experienced the same, and found a solution?

This gentalman , has no idea how a computer works , he should try this with his home computer ,............. LOL
michel gravelle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #596 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default For Bob (FINLESS, of couse)

Hi Bob.

Here in Italy is vacation time and i wish you a lot of funny time too !!!!

But more important, it will be wonderful to restart 'reading' you at the end of your vacations !!!!!

Please come back...we need you !!!!!!
gelatmi1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #597 (permalink)
Registered Users

@JoER: Perhaps you did not use the correct order for the general flight conditions. I'm not near my Tx at the moment, but if I recall correctly, the same happened at first. I'm not using a Spektrum module though, it's a programming thing IMHO.

Can you post or describe how you've set up throttle hold? Cheers
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #598 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any headway on the dead screen situtaion. Starting to piss me off as its happening more often, I might pull the trigger on a new radio while the funds are available
Elliott000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #599 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post
Any headway on the dead screen situtaion. Starting to piss me off as its happening more often, I might pull the trigger on a new radio while the funds are available
If you take it to where you bought it and have it sent to Hitec for service it will be fixed. Even out of warranty Hitec has fixed my A9 for no charge.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #600 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I have downloaded all videos, thanks
serasin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in