Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmo View Post
For my contribution on moving the BeastX up top - I haven't had any adverse symptoms from doing it, and I didn't do it because someone told me the helicopter would work better with it mounted there. I'm picky about trying to make sure things are set up right, and could not see well enough to mess with BeastX in the low position. Call me a n00b, but while I'm adjusting things and attaching/detaching blades, etc, I want to be able to confirm with my eyes what step I'm on and what the BX is doing without having to set my heli on a mirror or flip it over every time I want to see what color the LED is. I'm sure once I've been flying and reconfiguring this thing for a year or more, it'll be second nature to me. Maybe then I'd feel better about putting the BX back in the stock position, but I see no disadvantage to moving it up, IF it's done properly.

I agree, people often just do things without having a reason why - they just do it because that's what people are doing. A person should have their own reasons, and should take the time to think about and know what those reasons are.
+1
I moved mine up on top also because i am 54 years old and my eyes are not what they use to be. Trying to check the setup out and making adjustments is just much easier with the beast up on top. I hated having to turn it upside down every time I wanted to check something and also found it hard to see. But somebody younger and with better eyes may not have a problem with the beast in the OEM spot.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Boomstrike? On a 300 size FBL heli? Does such a thing exist?
Yeah, unfortunately it does. I had one during a right roll incident about ten days or so ago. I don't think you could actually hit the fbl controller with a blade though, and if you did, I doubt it would have enough energy left to do damage, as I believe the blade would have had to strike hard enough somewhere else beforehand to pop a pitch link off in order to rotate the grip far enough to even come close to the rudder servo or boom block. Mine actually hit right behind the horizontal tail fin and it was almost at full pitch at the point where it struck the boom.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in