Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Continue with V1 or build a V2?

After being away for awhile, I can't believe how much has changed in the Honey Bee world.
With work at an all time slow, I thought I'd get the Bee out of the hanger. Well, my usually very reliable CellPro 4S died, so in the process of trying to find a new charger, I found all the new things that have happened since I've been gone.
So, to my question, my V1 is heavily modded and I have a lot of spare parts, Slo-Max w/12t, M24's, cnc swash, cnc flybar frame, Blade CP 3in1, DX7, AR6100, TeleBee HH, DD Tail, heatsinks, fuse mod.
I will be able to move almost everything to a V2, except the motor.
Then use this to get my flying skills back, getting ready for the Belt CP v1 being built on the bench.
OR, (insert wrench here) should I just get a Ufly-S?? It has shaft driven tail w/ cp, brushless, cnc head, and 3 axis gyro. This seems like the best setup for a FP.
For $140.00us with 2.4 radio, but I already have a DX7!
But then I'd be going to a whole different manufacturer. Any one have an opinion on Walkera?
Hell, this kind of decision makes my brain spin. At one point I think I should just get enough to get the V1 in the air and get me ready for the Belt CP and not spend alot more $$ on a new FP.
Looks like I might have just answered my own question!!
Any advice for a returning pilot?
Thanks
Brian
Crash Test Dummy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Personally if it were me under your circumstance I would get the V1 flying as cheeply as possible to get my orientation practice back. Then id skip the Belt and go for an Align Trex 450 Pro or Sport. Then I would sell the V1 and get the Exceed 300 I posted a link about. Again, this is just what I would do.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
Personally if it were me under your circumstance I would get the V1 flying as cheeply as possible to get my orientation practice back. Then id skip the Belt and go for an Align Trex 450 Pro or Sport. Then I would sell the V1 and get the Exceed 300 I posted a link about. Again, this is just what I would do.

X2
Birdkiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Viet-Lama and Birdkiller,

I'm thinking the same thing since work, and thus money, isn't plentiful at the moment! I got the Belt used and a bit abused. I figured I would try to get it to fly, if it was not too tweeked from the previous owner. I'm not going to put any money into it.

Viet-Lama,

I've got an EXI 450 bare bones on the shelf, I figured, once I was able to fly the Belt or crash it severely, Then I'd move everything I could to the EXI 450, and get a brushless setup.

Do you think there's much difference between the EXI 450 and the Trex?

Thanks for confirming what I was leaning towards!
Brian
Old 04-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Χ3 on that one
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy View Post
Viet-Lama and Birdkiller,

I'm thinking the same thing since work, and thus money, isn't plentiful at the moment! I got the Belt used and a bit abused. I figured I would try to get it to fly, if it was not too tweeked from the previous owner. I'm not going to put any money into it.

Viet-Lama,

I've got an EXI 450 bare bones on the shelf, I figured, once I was able to fly the Belt or crash it severely, Then I'd move everything I could to the EXI 450, and get a brushless setup.

Thanks for confirming what I was leaning towards!
Brian

From what Ive seen EXI guys say not much, and Trex guys say yes alot....

Dont know, either way if you are short of money and even if your not short of money but a sorta begineer I still wouldnt drop the crazy money on a real Trex when you could do so much learning on the cheaper clone, and afford to crash it.

I plan on doing a HK, or EXI build this winter once i get a few more hours under my belt with the HPFP.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Well CTD you asked the right person because I happened to have both.
EXI 450 (Trex 450 SE V2 clone) and a Trex 450 SE V2. Both run exact same P&T curves and fly identical. Only diff is the Align motor has a little more torque then my Exceed Alpha 400.
Dont get the plastic EXI, get the CNC. Its quality/fit is as good as Align with the only difference being the finish isnt as nice. Align makes beautiful products but an EXI can be made to fly just as well for 1/4 the money. People usually stuff them with HobbyWing / Turnigy ESC and Turnigy motor. Turnigy 9gr servos are fine for cyclic and Turnigy lipos are awesome for the money. You can even get a fakie Specktrum RX for $15 (pm me and ill look it up. I use one in my HK250GT with a DX6i and it works perfect)
The only electronic you need to spend $$ on is a good gyro / tail servo. I run a GP750 on one bird and a Logictech 2100T / 3100 servo combo on another. Since FBL is taking off these great gyros are being sold cheaply now especially used.
Check out the Trex 450 section for many links on the subject.
O yeah, the EXI shafts are sometimes wonkey. Buy only Align feather/main shafts.
The only other crappy thing on the EXI is the belt. Throw it away ASAP and get a kevlar by Mavrick.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
X4
Accept for buying the Exceed 300...not that I have anything against the Exceed, but if your V1 is still flying when you decide to move up to a 450 bird, why spend the money on another 300 size fixed pitch helicopter when you already have one.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well CTD you asked the right person because I happened to have both.
EXI 450 (Trex 450 SE V2 clone) and a Trex 450 SE V2. Both run exact same P&T curves and fly identical. Only diff is the Align motor has a little more torque then my Exceed Alpha 400.
Dont get the plastic EXI, get the CNC. Its quality/fit is as good as Align with the only difference being the finish isnt as nice. Align makes beautiful products but an EXI can be made to fly just as well for 1/4 the money. People usually stuff them with HobbyWing / Turnigy ESC and Turnigy motor. Turnigy 9gr servos are fine for cyclic and Turnigy lipos are awesome for the money. You can even get a fakie Specktrum RX for $15 (pm me and ill look it up. I use one in my HK250GT with a DX6i and it works perfect)
The only electronic you need to spend $$ on is a good gyro / tail servo. I run a GP750 on one bird and a Logictech 2100T / 3100 servo combo on another. Since FBL is taking off these great gyros are being sold cheaply now especially used.
Check out the Trex 450 section for many links on the subject.
O yeah, the EXI shafts are sometimes wonkey. Buy only Align feather/main shafts.
The only other crappy thing on the EXI is the belt. Throw it away ASAP and get a kevlar by Mavrick.
Damn You VL!
You should be an EXI sale person
Now you have me wanting to buy a EXI 450....rrrrrrr
Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:Viet-Lama:
Dont get the plastic EXI, get the CNC.

Damn, It's the plastic one!

Quote:Birdkiller:
I plan on doing a HK, or EXI build this winter once i get a few more hours under my belt with the HPFP.

The HK stuff seems like great prices.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy View Post
Quote:Viet-Lama:
Dont get the plastic EXI, get the CNC.

Damn, It's the plastic one!

Quote:Birdkiller:

The HK stuff seems like great prices.

It sure does , but I'll tell you guys what.. Tonight I was driving home with the wife and kids, while going past a field where I commonly see planes flying I seen a trail of smoke and a large rc heli ripping around like a rabid taradactal....I dropped the wife and kids off and went back to the field to see what the heck these guys where flying,, it was Matt Bodos, owner,designer of Synergy helicopters, he is a pro piolot as well!!!!

needless to say I spent the rest of the night up there watching those guys flying prototype Synergys.....Freaking badness!!!
I am hooked on a Synergy now, one wicked machine! Lots more money but I don't care.....
Old 05-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HH I agree on your quote of not needing another FP if he gets the V1 flying but hot damn its FBL with a TT servo drivin tail for heavens sake
Quote:

Now you have me wanting to buy a EXI 450
NO HH DONT DO IT! YOU HAVE TOO MANY HELIS ALREADY!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very true Brother!
FBL and TT does sound very tasty

Quote:
NO HH DONT DO IT! YOU HAVE TOO MANY HELIS ALREADY!

I knoooooow……You’re right……………………I wont buy one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in