Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiophlyer View Post
I like the 500 as it is .... I've got a ton of money tied up in them ..... that's just what I want to hear is they are going to make it new. Great and you'll have one less customer. As the market floods with the old model that you cant get parts for any more and gee am I the only one that feels like that.
there is nothing that cant be done with model now. Just 2 cents worth.
Lose a customer because they developed a new model? That's a little extreme. Change isn't that scary man. Embrace it.

The 380 didn't replace the Mini Protos. Parts are still available. I'd expect the same if there's a new 500 model.
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2016, 11:58 AM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Protos 500 has been around for over 8 years. I don't see what the problem is Must they maintain the same design for the enxt 100 years? How many Goblin 700's or T-Rex 700's have there been in the last 5 years?
Old 07-29-2016, 12:06 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I like the 500 as it is .... I've got a ton of money tied up in them ..... that's just what I want to hear is they are going to make it new. Great and you'll have one less customer. As the market floods with the old model that you cant get parts for any more and gee am I the only one that feels like that.
there is nothing that cant be done with model now. Just 2 cents worth.
Around here, you might be one of a few who feel that way. And there are quite a few things you can't do with it. For one, it is not forgiving to different power systems. But other than that, it is a very good heli.

I am eagerly waiting for a v2 based on the Max's power train. I'm pretty sure many Protos owners are as well.

It's a shame you won't continue to support one of the best heli manufacturers out there if they release a new model.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
RCHN #0650 AMA# 448427
th0rg0d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just curious what you hope to accomplish with that post? If your car were as old as your Protos would you stop purchasing new vehicles from your preferred mfg because they continue to put out new models?

Seems to me the old 500 market (425-460mm) is all but dead, although the Protos is still viable, how on earth can you fault a mfg for refreshing / revising a product?? I'm sure msh would continue to support the legacy model for a while, but let's face it, it's old as hell already anyways
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
A Protos 500 v2 would be nice but the original is still one bad machine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMmfa...e_gdata_player
Holy crap. Love that!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Around here, you might be one of a few who feel that way. And there are quite a few things you can't do with it. For one, it is not forgiving to different power systems. But other than that, it is a very good heli.

Not completely true you cant speak for everyone else.

It's a shame you won't continue to support one of the best heli manufacturers out there if they release a new model.

This statement is incorrect. because its not the release of a new model. that looses the customer. its the loss of support of a current model
which make the current model useless. I would no longer need them for parts. yeah yeah it happens all the time .... but I don't have to like it or keep my mouth shut about ..... I'm allowed to have an opinion and voice it.
You did.
Now when the new model comes out the old model will be worth pennies on the dollar. Happens all the time. seems like a little bit too often with helis. And the only way that is recognized is if someone actually opens their mouth and says something about it. I like the 500 as it is. I'm sure I would like the new design as well. the Protos line are some very nice helis. And the 500 could use some up grade. But total redesign?
Old 07-30-2016, 12:54 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

MSH may discontinue P500 kits but they will probably continue to sell parts for years to come. I also suspect the new model will be significantly bigger and a completely different size category. We'll have to wait and see
Old 07-30-2016, 08:44 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
Lose a customer because they developed a new model? That's a little extreme. Change isn't that scary man. Embrace it.

The 380 didn't replace the Mini Protos. Parts are still available. I'd expect the same if there's a new 500 model.
This is what needs to happen especially if the new one is bigger thus not a traditional "500".
I and I'm sure many others love the 425-475 size and would want one to be available from MSH for the foreseeable future.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

This statement is incorrect. because its not the release of a new model. that looses the customer. its the loss of support of a current model
which make the current model useless. I would no longer need them for parts. yeah yeah it happens all the time .... but I don't have to like it or keep my mouth shut about ..... I'm allowed to have an opinion and voice it.
You did.
Now when the new model comes out the old model will be worth pennies on the dollar. Happens all the time. seems like a little bit too often with helis. And the only way that is recognized is if someone actually opens their mouth and says something about it. I like the 500 as it is. I'm sure I would like the new design as well. the Protos line are some very nice helis. And the 500 could use some up grade. But total redesign?
Go check the classifieds. The Protos is already worth pennies on the dollar...

Also, Number is 100% right. There's less than a handful of motor options, and just a few esc's that fit. In order to support the huge power modern motors are putting out, the one-belt design has to go. You can see from some of the mods DoubleCH did that the existing power train can't keep up. The Protos was designed in an age of 6 and 7s A123 batteries.

Just as Number can't speak for everyone, neither can you or anyone else. I'm quite sure that a significantly larger portion of the market would be happier to see a new 500 than the old one. Sales would increase exponentially.

How do we know? Because it already worked on the Max and 380. It's no secret MSH sales have been slow for a couple years. The company is now very active and sales are fantastic.

As stated before. The legacy models will have continued support
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

You did.
I'm not speaking for everyone else. Just look at this thread, people here are speaking for themselves all ready, and the vast majority are in favor of a new 500. LOL!

The Protos has had a very successful and lengthy run. It has been out longer than any other current 500, and has only gone through one revision. ONE! It went from plastic frames to a full carbon frame offering. Show me one other 500 class model that has done the same.

The Mini is a newer model, and the current support is already less then the 500. And however MSH tries to deny it, the P380 has replaced the Mini, yet look at how well it is being received. I literally gave my Mini away. It went to a home where I feel it will get the attention and love it deserves, as well as inspiring a new heli pilot to thrive in this hobby.

The 500 IS due for a redesign, and MSH will do it. There are always those who hold on to legacy airframes, and there is no doubt that it will continue to work for many more years. Remember me when the v2 comes out, I will likely be offloading my stretch and the parts I've accumulated cheap, so that those like yourself can continue to fly with plenty of parts.
RCHN #0650 AMA# 448427
th0rg0d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great I'm glad we agree.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any news on the topic of the new 500 v2
Grzesiek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

:-)
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2017, 01:13 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

OOOOOOH NOOOOOEEEESSS,

OTS FLIPPED HIS SMILEY !!!!!!!
WTF?!

Obviously this MUST mean its nearly READY
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2017, 01:20 AM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm so excited. This just mean something good.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:11 AM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMO i see a 550 heli coming. I would pair it with vtx 557.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #157 (permalink)
HAV
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomaar View Post
OOOOOOH NOOOOOEEEESSS,

OTS FLIPPED HIS SMILEY !!!!!!!
WTF?!

Obviously this MUST mean its nearly READY
Almost hit "Add to cart" on a logo 550 SE a couple of days ago, but resisted. This is killing me. Maybe by IRCHA..... HAV
HAV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 06:03 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go ahead and order that Logo 550 if you want it; since the new Protos hasn't been announced yet I expect it'll be several months before it's available.

But is the new Protos going to be a 500/520 like the Synergy, or a 550, or what?

Also, that Tamas video under the bridge doesn't impress me much. Insane head speed, fast tail, but not the exceptional roll rates I'd expect given the noise and head speed.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:15 AM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

New Synergy 516 coming too so 500 class is getting full.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Goblin 500 (brick) and the recently announced Synergy 516 are the only true 500's on the market aren't they? I can't think of any others.
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in