Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X5

X5 Discussion and support of the Gaui X5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which servo is which?

I am in the process of changing from beast x to ikon. I cannot seem to find the correct servo lay out on my X5. In the ikon software which swash type do I select? Which servo do I connect to which channel? I have officially confused myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You pick the 120 degree option with the elevator servo in the rear, the bottom right option. The channels are marked, right servo is 1, elevator 2, left servo 3, plug into the appropriate channel in the ikon.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's how I have it,but collective responds to elevator inputs, not throttle inputs and vise versa. I will start fresh in the AM.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to reverse the servos in the software until they move correctly, just keep following the tabs and read the instructions in the sidebar.

In the next tab you will find the reverse button, raise the collective to the top and hit the button until all servos are at the top.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks I will give that a shot.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll get it worked out, just don't skip any steps and read all the instructions, it's very easy to set up just like vbar.

Make sure you set the servo sub trims, endpoints, and directions in the tx tab, select the correct swash, plug the servos into the correct ports, select the correct mounting position, and all compensations will be correct. Get one wrong and the compensations will be wrong.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got all the servos going the correct direction. Set up and tested the gov on the bench everything went well. Unhooked the Ikon from the PC and proceeded to test. Now the ESC ( stock FES kit GUEC GE- 610) beeps repeatedly and red LED flashes after power up. According to the manual this is an indication of irregular voltage. I have tried with different packs, freshly charged with the same result. Bad ESC?

Old 07-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like a bad ESC. I had the same thing with my X4ii.
Contact JC at Empire hobbies and he should be able to look after you. If it's the gold Hobbywing I would recommend not using that ESC with the ikon gov. Lots of reports of them blowing up.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about the hobbywing platinum pro. Anyone using that?

Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The blue one? That's the same as the good one with a smaller BEC.

The new V3 has been getting good reports so far.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The v3 is the one I was looking at.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just setup the v3 with vbar gov and it's working great. Bec is excellent as well, could not get it to brown out on the bench with stock servos. It has the rpm sensor wire which is very convenient and was a big selling point for me, also has a second bec lead for more current, overall just an excellent value.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if the ESC beeps like crazy that usually means you need to set the end points.

power up the helicopter with your radio at full stick. listen for the tones. than move to low stick. listen for the tones, as soon as you hear silence unplug the battery before it goes into set up mode. end points are now set.

changeing a FBL unit , re-binding unit or what ever else can throw off the end points and you need to reset them.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

It won't let me go into programming mode or set the end points. I have tried that a few times. I set them initially after changing the FBL unit and had things working on the bench, but after unplugging from the PC the problems began. I tested the esc with another receiver and motor straight to the throttle channel with the same results. I ordered the HW V3 and will see how that goes.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have to set up end point in brain setup. I got same broblem when I change motor and tune up end points.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

The end points in the ikon software show +100 and -100.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

shot in the dark but did you make sure the bec lead is intact? It will beep constantly with no throttle signal, maybe it got cut or pulled off the pcb.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using an external BEC and have the red wire removed on the ESC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in