Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Microflite MIA upgrades?

Has anyone bought or had any experience with the Microflite products? I am interested in the replacement canopies and the landing gear / keychain camera mount.
ARLO BF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mia bodys

i recentley bought there ufo canopy with spider legs and rec my stuff fast with no problems at all great service
raptorboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just bought their all white kit for the Nano. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I have

I just ordered a couple of canopies from them.

I think the canopies are cool but man oh man, trying to get them is another story....

I ordered them last Monday morning early I believe. By Wed. afternoon I still had not heard from them....so I emailed them....they replied in a reasonable time and told me that my order was ready to ship the next day....Thursday......this past monday I emailed them again asking if they shipped it.....still not shipping.......later that day they did ship it but sheesh.......what a deal to have to go thru.....

I am still waiting on my order so I do not think that I will be ordering from them anytime soon......

Just my experience.....
truckermusic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Microflite MIA upgrades?

i ordered a while back from them for an mcpx kit. honestly tge kit looks good but it is all pretty useless upgrades. just adds more weight imo.
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ive never had luck with the fiberglas. His parts always breaks on me. Last set I bought for the Nano, broke upon assembling, and it broke right where the skids mount to the battery tray. Plus, his battery tray sucks.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

MIA stuff is overpriced, overweight, and absolutely useless IMO. I have been saying it for years. Some of his canopies/bodies look ok.....well not really. Not to mention as truckermusic posted it is always a wait to get your stuff. Which wouldn't be a problem if it was good but it isn't. Save your money for motors.

Please Mario don't go posting BS on my youtube channel again because you are banned here.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mia stuff kind of useless

Well after spending a couple of nights cutting parts out, struggling to try and figure out how they go together, then struggling to get the canopies to try to fit......arrgghh!!

Useless...........

Now that I've experienced this I have to ask myself some questions
1. why did I spend so much on a "Kit" that I had to cut out for myself? When all the piecse should have been already (for the price) already precision cut for me....
2. Why did I spend so much on having to cut out these blasted decals (which are already slanted towards advertising MIA) when they should have already come pre-cut so I could just peel and stick?
3. Where the hell are his instructions to put this stuff together? When I was considering buying these kits I reviewed his site. He has a LOT of information up there...However just not the information you need for a clear step by step instruction on how to put the kit together.....take for instance his Pro - Phantom kit for the msr....he has some generic information but nothing concreate...I had to spend a bunch of time stopping assembling the kit, go to his web site look at the pictures and try and figure out how it goes together......IE> That cool looking tail motor piece.....no clear instructions here.....do you try to push the tail motor out a bit, then take off the blade, then push this guard over the motor and up against the frame and then replace the blade.........OR do you just push this guard over the backside of the motor (and wires) and up agains the frame......well I did the later.......the guard is so loose that even though it is cool.........it is useless........
4. Why does he ask "what model you are ordering this for" and then give you a generic type body...........Mine does not even fit so I will have to do some major modification if I want to make it fit.........1/2 thrugh the build I took everything apart and put it all in the storage box......probably never going tosee daylight again...
5. Why does it take so long to have him ship? I had to email him a couple of days later to find out if and when he is going to ship.....He told me it will be ready the next day.....it was an additiona 5 days more before it shipped......really not acceptable....

And this is just the beginning stuff....I can add a lot more.....but I am sure that you get the idea....I am not here to come down on some one especially since I am new here.....But seriously....Even though his stuff looks cool.............I will not do any more ordering thru him....

I went back to stock parts.....
So much easier and the mSR flys so much better.....

Just saying
truckermusic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered a canopy for my MQX and the decals drove me nuts.Black canopy, black decals on white paper means you better take your time cutting to avoid any white material showing on the edges.Then two of the decals ran into each other on the paper it came with.
carlvjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I received my new canopy and the landing gear/ camera mount. It only took about 1 week delivery time. I am very happy with the canopy , other than the issues with the decals, but i'm not entirely satisfied with the landing gear, it works as advertised,but I had to do quite a hack job on the factory framework in order to get everything to line-up properly. It doesn't seem to have much of an effect on the maneuvering and flying capabilities, but I am still a novice mostly hovering and straight line flight.The main reason I bought the set-up was for a more stable mount for my 808 keychain camera which it does provide, I was hoping it would eliminate some of the vibration and "jello"in the video which it did not in fact, it seems to be more pronounced, I will try balancing the props better in order to resolve this problem. In all my order arrived in a timely fashion and it works as advertised it just doesn't do what I was expecting.100_2288.jpg

100_2287.jpg

100_2289.jpg

100_2290.jpg

100_2292.jpg
ARLO BF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in