Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Mikado needs to speed up the tail on the Logo 14 imho. ....

Well compared to Andy Rummer and Dani Jetschin I am a noob, but none the less I have a feel for a bunch of helis etc. For the most part I am always happy with my Logos however...
Went to a big funfly this weekend and really started to push these Logo 14s of mine. Getting into some flips on the go out of hurricane and sometimes over pitching a tad the tail would blow out, also felt like when I was getting the tail tracked into the entrance of the hurricane and even into inverted funnels it felt like I had to steer it and it would drift off and felt abit mushy. I have a Futaba 611 on both units and 9256 accompaning servo etc...

Tried both the F3C and the 3D mode and to no avail still not getting a hold I feel is locked in like some other helis I have ran the same gyro and settings etc. Now I run 90mm MAH at present and have my limits out to 130% both ways, my mehcanical setup is perfect where as it is ultra smooth, and also in Non heading hold mode it sits perfectly still. All my other settings are at default I have only selected the Mode and set the limits, "this is what I have done with the 611 on several helis, never had to adjust or change anything else".

Kind of frustrating me as I feel the tail may need to be sped up about 10-20% range I think it could hold a ton better and not sound like it is tearing apart the blades on a right pirouette move, I have heard this in all the videos and to me that sounds like it is using everything it has to go right when you are not even really working it...

SO in conclusion is where I am at in opinion because this is so or is it truly that the pros are running a much much higher headspeed that what is being told? I read on the Mikado site that Andy is running 2100 headpseed, I say "bullcrap" I hear my blades and setup at 2100 which is what I run and it certainly sounds alot slower than his, old and new videos alike.... Now I am not certain that the tail control becomes that much better at 2200-2400 or not. If somene has done any further experiementation on the tail hold I'd love to hear it, it is driving me nuts to be honest.

Am I missing something small and silly on a different setting on the gyro, do I need now just to bump up the HS that much more...?

Thoughts...
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 02:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What blades are you running on the head ? I spin not more then 2200 and have not a single problem using MS 570's. Even with full collective and cyclic throw.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

600mm V Blades on the Head, light ones at 124.1 grams. I was using the Mikado 580bbts but they flex alot more than the vblades imho. Still good but not as tight feeling. What are your settings Dani on your Gyro, all default or could you elaborate on that for me...? thx
Old 08-28-2006, 04:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I set mine to 140% travel w/o binding therefore you have to screw the linkage close to the center at the servo horn, 30% gain, 3D mode, no expo, 100% ATV.
Rock steady but wags from time to time especially with wind, but using 92mm radix. The 90's mah were better in this case

And we found out that the 12t pinion is far better then the 13t with the tango motor, things get less hot. But I would't use more then 10° pitch with the V's
Old 08-29-2006, 05:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

30% gain, wow that is low I am running the MAH 90mm tr blades, do you like the Radix blades overall? I wish V-Blades made a 90mm v-blade....
Old 09-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

On the tail blades, I had the sab 95 on the 14 and had to crank the gain down to settle things down a bit. Now I'm running the mah 92 and this works really well in both of my 14's. The 611 gain is about 107 on the radio and the piro rate is more than fast enough for me. You might try those fat sab 95s to see if that helps.

-d
helidawg69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 611 gain is about 107 on the radio

Huh ? You have messed up the gain with ATV I guess. The maximum gain can't be more then 100% on the radio and this is not possible, you can't even fly more then 50 or 60% on the logo.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

oops! not the gain but the end-point settings, the ones that set the piro rate
helidawg69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in