Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anyone know how to get into Rate Mode with the Align GP750 from the 450 Sport?
Fierce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce View Post
Works just like a 401 or any other HH gyro. I have one in a T250 and it works fine.

TM
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #103 (permalink)
hkh
Registered Users

Hi guyz,
I got Trex500esp equipped with Aurora 9 tx and optima 7 rx. I am a newbee on aircraft modelling and got some questions about it. I setted up my model with newbee settings and everything was cool but when i setted up New Model for simulator and which got New Flight condition 1 and 2, transmitter gives rudder signal when left stick moves vertically. (I see it on Servo Monitoring Section) But in Normal Flight condition everything was fine. I searched lots of forums and viewed lots of videos about aurora 9 system but no body got same problem. And anyone here got that tx with using trex500esp? Thanks for replies.
hkh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #104 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Check out the new service bulletin from Hi-tec in the Helifreak news section.

https://www.helifreak.com/blogs/bri/1134-service-bulletin-aurora-9-transmitter.html

Interesting. I will have to test mine. I typically do not set up EPA (travel adjust on JR) for over 100% except on rudder for piro rate. Now I have to see if I can produce this on my radio.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh boy this is not good at all.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #106 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well I wouldn't consider it as "OMG this is serious" it could be a problem for some people. Again for heli's I don't see it as an issue. However the good news is the radio is software upgradeable so lets see how long it takes for a code update. Wouldn't be the first time I have had a radio system with software issues!

My 14MZ I updated 3 times
Sent several Spektrum RXC's back over the years to have them reprogrammed due to bugs. Sure wished they were user upgradeable!

Bob
Old 07-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Well I wouldn't consider it as "OMG this is serious" it could be a problem for some people. Again for heli's I don't see it as an issue. However the good news is the radio is software upgradeable so lets see how long it takes for a code update. Wouldn't be the first time I have had a radio system with software issues!

My 14MZ I updated 3 times
Sent several Spektrum RXC's back over the years to have them reprogrammed due to bugs. Sure wished they were user upgradeable!

Bob
Not saying it's really bad it's just making me take a really hard look at it because I was thinking about getting one.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not thinking about it anymore, I just ordered one!!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

My EPA is 100/100 I'm at 45 in my Gyro menu. The Red light on the Gyro will only turn Green when my EPA is 100/0. Is that Rate mode?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My EPA is 100/100 I'm at 45 in my Gyro menu. The Red light on the Gyro will only turn Green when my EPA is 100/0. Is that Rate mode?
Fierce, whether you use the gyro menu or an AUX channel in order for any gyro to be in rate mode it has to see a gain value coming from the TX in either a positve or negative side of the center pulse. Use the servo monitor and see what the gain channel that you are using is doing when you flip the gyro gain switch.

This is radio basics 101. It applies to all radios, no matter what the brand is.

TM
Old 07-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There is no way to get a negative gain value on the A9. My gyro is on the rudder channel(5) gain is set to channel 6. I don't have gain set to a switch.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There is no way to get a negative gain value on the A9. My gyro is on the rudder channel(5) gain is set to channel 6. I don't have gain set to a switch.
Not true. Learn to use the radio, this is why the servo monitor exists so that you can see what the channels are doing. If you want to access the gyro gain remotely, the gain channel has to be assigned to a switch.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore View Post
Not true. Learn to use the radio, this is why the servo monitor exists so that you can see what the channels are doing. If you want to access the gyro gain remotely, the gain channel has to be assigned to a switch.
I don't think you have the radio because Gyro Gain can not be a negitive # on the radio. It stops at zero.

I just realized who you are. You have been on every forum and bashed the A9. Why would I expect to get any good advice from you? Oh brother.

Bob can you chime in here and help me with the Gyro Gain question?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I checked out one of these radios at my LHS the other day. Felt good but the gimble sticks seemed way shorter than my dx7 sticks. Are they adjustable?
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #115 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I think there is confusion between Terry and you on what your trying to do and how. I think Terry is saying if you are using travel adjust (EPA) to adjust gain you can get a - value there and assign channel 6 to a switch. Also just to stick up for Terry, while he is a Airtronics guy, he usually knows what he is talking about. So I think it is just a misunderstanding of what your trying to do. Anyway......

If you want to use the gryo menu then you have to setup the menu and assign it. I am at work but when I get home I will have a look and plug in a 611 gyro to see what the values on the radio are vs what the gyro display shows and see if I can directly tell you how to setup the gyro menu. I personally have not played with that function yet.

So let me see what I can kick out tonight.

Bob
Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeap they're adjustable. It's not like the Spektrum where it use a set screw down the middle.

The Hitec one has two parts to it. You basically turn to separate the bottom half with the top half, adjust the top half to your liking and then turn the bottom half up to lock it
speedys4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob.

Does this radio have anything in it to tune out CCPM interactions (Swash Expo or something like the more complex programming in the Futaba radios)?

Thank you.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #118 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

It has a swash function menu that is suppose to be used to mix out interactions. However I have YET to figure it out and exactly how it works and I wont be able to until I get a setup on a heli and can see what the servos are doing. In time Richard but if your doing something with it now, you will too have to do trial and error and play with that menu.

Bob
Old 07-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't think you have the radio because Gyro Gain can not be a negitive # on the radio. It stops at zero.

I just realized who you are. You have been on every forum and bashed the A9. Why would I expect to get any good advice from you? Oh brother.

Bob can you chime in here and help me with the Gyro Gain question?
Dude, understand something, I have the A9 and I'm flying it so I understand very well what is going on with the radio. You are the one that doesn't seem to be getting it otherwise you wouldn't be asking these questions online. You remind me a lot of some of our Aussie friends that have a disdain for anyone that they perceive that draws any enumeration from the hobby in the least and consequently this prevents them from having an opinion about anything. As a member of the Global Hobby Family, I can fly anything I want, so this month, I'm playing with the A9 for a little while. It hasn't been that long ago when you fired the first shot at me and I'm quite certain that you knew even less about this hobby then. Remember this: "TMoore is a Airtronics/Sanwa rep so he is biased on his info. Just for the record. If you want legit info ask someone who owns an A9 not just someone who is loosing $$$ because Hitec is doing so well with its new product.

I know I've heard the name Airtronics but I've never actually seen anyone at the field flying anything with one. I think Chip Hyde used to use them back in the '90's"

The fact of the matter is that with the A9, the gyro menu is like so many other menus in that it is trying to do the 0-50, 50-100 schtick. This is why I told you to look at the servo monitor page. The fact of the matter is that whether or not the menu says the gyro gains are all positive or not, the pulse will be on either side of the 1.5ms center of the gain channel to enable HH or Rate mode, which if you had bothered to take my advice the servo monitor page would have shown. Whether you want to believe it or not that is how it is.

I've helped more people with the A9 than I ever had to with the SD10-G because we actually wrote a manual for the SD10-G that you can read and understand. If Hitec had even remotely come close to writing a proper manual none of this would be necessary. Is that distorting the facts or is that the truth?

TM
Old 07-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
Bob.

Does this radio have anything in it to tune out CCPM interactions (Swash Expo or something like the more complex programming in the Futaba radios)?

Thank you.
The A9 doesn't have the functions in it to adjust CCPM like the Futaba does but what it does have is a series of 7 point mixes called Swash Calibration that will take some experimenting to get to grips with. I set up a T600 and used the Swash Cal menu and besides the EPA menus which control the actual channel EPA, the Swash Cal menu will actually allow you to use a 7 point curve that allows mixing between the 3 CCPM channels. It's a lot of work but is very effective at controlling the motion of the swash relative to pitch and maintaining the level attitude of the swash as you move the collective what it is not effective at adjusting out is interaction at the Heim ball with fore/aft and roll cyclics. This is something that the radio mixing will better determine and the better the control algorithim is, the better the swash mix will be in regards to Heim ball interaction.

The bottom line is that it is nothing that you can't fly around, the CCPM system is sequential so you have to bear that in mind but the Swash Cal can work around that to a certain extent and of course the better your mechanical setup is, the better the CCPM mix will come out.

TM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in