Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Frenzy 90v2

hi all been watching this forum for a while, and now its time to say something.

ive bought a v2 90, mainly due too price its £120 for the kit. this is my first nitro build and im wondering what electrics il need? is it essential to have governers etc? or can i just build up with servos,reciever and a gyro? ive got a os91 engine off a friend, and ive bought a curtis mp6 muffler. so im looking for a little advice on what else is needed. thinking of putting my savox 1258's in here.

anyway look forward to some comments

cheers simon
scc28 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too have a frenzy 90, although its a cheap helicopter, its not cheaply made and is fantastic value for money. Your savox servo's will be just fine but you do need a decent gyro as the tail is very powerful. I have a futaba 601 on mine but the align gyro for the trex700 would be just as good. I have a GV1 governor fitted but again the align one is cheaper, and i only fitted this as it was in my old x-cell fury. I have mine setup to fly on a sedate pitch curve in case the governor fails. I have also fitted the regulator pack from align with lipo.

regards
Glynn
HGJL2009 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry can't pm you yet, too new !!
I took out some screws to check for locktite and they had, so I put faith in that they were all done. Nothing has come loose yet.
The only problem I had was the tightness of the gear mesh when I fitted the engine, clutch, starter shaft. So I filed out the holes a tiny bit, it was still very tight but after first engine start, say 5 minuets it had taken all the high points of the gears. And then I moved every thing back to where it should have been. Its been very smooth since then, in fact everyone who has span the rotor head has remarked on how smooth and silent it is. And don't tension the tail belt too tight as you will only stretch it and have to keep re-tensioning. the belt should just not touch in the middle near the guide rollers.

regards
Glynn
Old 10-21-2010, 04:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get good servos, nothing cheap, they are the heart line of your model, if a cheap one jams, fails or defects during flight you have a 2000RPM uncontrollable death trap. Pick up some Align DS610 servos for the cyclic and a DS650 for the tail. If Align/Savox aren't your thing, there is always Futaba and MKS servos.

For a gyro, think proper as well, pick up a Spartan Quark, $130 and will perform perfectly.

A Governor is arguable. People flew for years without them, but the risks are large. You'll need to take time to tailor your TX's pitch and throttle curves so you don't overspeed. An overspeeding engine and head is bad, and can explode if they exceed RPM ranges. It is not hard AT ALL to overspeed on a nitro. With a gov, you're more safe and it's just less hassle, set in the head-speed or engine speed and done. The issue is the TX needs seven channels or more. Myself I fly with my DX6i on my nitro, I just have a gov that allows me to manually set my engine speeds, trick is I'm always flying one headspeed unless I tweak the curves. IE in normal run 90% max, in idle up 100% max. Where with seven channels I can have multiple head-speeds on switches, which is perfect for me since I don't need more than one speed.

Anything else depends on your setup. Some people run a regulator between the battery and the RX. Others just buy SPECIFIC Rx packs to run directly to the RX itself. The advantage of no regulator is you have one less important component to buy and worry about failure. The advantage of a regulator is some like Align's has a glow plug ignition built in.

Pretty much covers it.
UPGl2AYDD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got a 90 V2 with OS91 and MP6, nice combo.

Ran the JR770 gyro for setting up as I have a few of these now and they help with mech tail setups easily.
Using an iMax 2n1 reg glow unit with a 2s 2200 lipo for on board power.
I have a DX7/AR7000 combo on this one also. Did the running in stage with no GOV and a fairly low head speed and rpm.

Just installing a HELO V2 control unit that is a high end gyro/Gov and mixture controller that has an 8 model memory so I can swap between my nitros, a beast to setup and program but initial results are awesome.

The main gear mesh was tight in one spot on the 90 and I too had to slot the holes in order to get correct mesh, I use a piece of normal paper feed into the gear mesh to set the mesh and it works for me, other than that the build quality of the frenzy is surprising in relation to the low cost of the kits, very happy with it.

Will change the forward mount tail servo for a boom mount one, the raptor 90 has the same dia boom and quick uk do a boom kit for the raptor.

Ahh, also the clutch hub/fan assy had a non true machined surface where the clutch mounted to the hub so I had to machine the mounting face to true, then fitted the clutch and checked for run out and was now correct.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

The last picture shows a metal servo bracket holding the throttle servo, where did you get that from ? I haven't been able to find your gyro/gov on any UK shops where did you purchase it from. Looks a very neat installation.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HGJL, that would be the high end mixture needle servo for the auto mixture control side of the helo v2.
thats what attracted me to this unit, you set the temp you require the OS90 to run at, for me I will start with 105 deg at the back of the head and it will tune the high end needle to achieve the desired target temp.

The alloy plate was something I machined myself on my mill out of 40x3mm alloy flat.

the unit comes from helocontrols.com. usa based.

The gyro was my biggest concern as the unit is unknown, but I must say it rocks. The hold is great even on a hard punch out it won't move, and the piro stops are slamming. You program the desired cw & ccw braking amount, also the cw ccw piro rates, the unit will display the yaw rates so you know exactly what rate you get in each direction....the programming is endless and takes quite a while to settle into all its features.

The red silicone is the temp probe.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well she arrived today, the kit looks amazing for the price! ive bought myself a gy701 gyro and governer unit to keep everything in check il post some pics once i get going but from what ive seen of the kit so far im very impressed. picked up another ar8000 rx for it and im going to use my 2200mah 2s rx pack from my elec 600 trex to run the servos etc. anyway need to pick up some fuel tomorrow so i can have a go at setting up the motor/governor.

cheers si
scc28 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in