Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Century heli part supply situation

I've been watching the HeliWorld website for the sliding battery platform set for the Radikal E640 for several weeks. Is it common for Century/HeliWorld to be out of stock for weeks on a part on a relatively new helicopter?
distructor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess everyone runs out of things sometime but I am sure allot of Century dealers have them hanging on there walls like I do though.There are plenty of Century dealers out there but with Century direct selling as they do it does make it tough to be noticed.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
I guess everyone runs out of things sometime but I am sure allot of Century dealers have them hanging on there walls like I do though.There are plenty of Century dealers out there but with Century direct selling as they do it does make it tough to be noticed.
I hear you Dennis For some reason, it seems most people think the only place to buy Century helicopters and parts is from HeliWorld. It is one of the reasons that a good number of people do not consider buying a Century helicopter, as they think there is only that one source. Too many do not realize there are other shops that sell Century helis and parts over the net.

You not only sell their products, but also fly it, and spend a lot more time here helping people then anyone from HeliWorld does, And ditto for others who help here on HF, yet most still seem to think that HeliWorld is the place to get their Century requirements.

I am sure, most of us here, appreciate all the help you and those others give us.
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have yet to order from anyplace but Dennis out at the helifarm. Anyone looking to buy through him will find his customer service to be top notch.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I'm guilty of not looking beyond Heliworld:-(
However the places that Century lists as dealers don't seem to carry anything but the gasers.

Crash expert.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No problem at all distructor and nothing to be guilty about.I really like Century heli's ect but this is something they have done to themselves. Feel free to contact me if you need to. Thanks
Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
No problem at all distructor and nothing to be guilty about.I really like Century heli's ect but this is something they have done to themselves. Feel free to contact me if you need to. Thanks
Thanks...done! I'm kind of new to Century, so am still learning on where to go for parts. Love the E640 and it will not be my last Century... want the G30 next.
distructor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found Dennis and the heli farm via a friend/flying buddy, and he is the one I deal with when it comes to Century.

If I may offer a wee bit of a idea... Perhaps the idea of a better website that shows items and stock levels and a more agressive promotion of said site. Now I know this can be hard for some small bussiness, but in today's day, you have to promote the heck out of your bussiness online or your missing alot of customers.

Speaking of parts...he Dennis, can you get me a servo tray set for the Hawk Pro as well?
I broke a stupid screw off inside the screwhole...grrrrrrrrr.. I guess I don't know my own power..*grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Hulk no good at putting heli's together Hulk good at SMASHING heli.... * LOL

Ontaeronut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontaeronut View Post
..grrrrrrrrr.. I guess I don't know my own power..*grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Hulk no good at putting heli's together Hulk good at SMASHING heli.... * LOL

Wow.. I think the combo of still half asleep and the first cup of coffee is not a wise idea when it comes to replying to a thread..

Please excuse my lack of coffee induced rantings
Ontaeronut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

For what it's worth, I learned on Century products and for a beginner my Hawk was about the easiest thing to fly. People at the field would always love how steady the Hawk was in the high Va Beach winds. I bought a Raven, I bought a Hummingbird and I bought a Predator gasser from one of the first batches. Everyone loved hearing that start up, sounded like a weedeater.

I always ordered from Century and never had any issues. They did inform me when they were expecting a new container shipment and let me know when there would be delays. I don't know if anything has changed but they have always been great.

My only sadness is that they don't sell the Hummingbird anymore, it was so fun.

I did buy a Hirobo Evo but onoy because I couldnt ever get my hands on a new Caliber 50 for FAI.
JaredJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Century heli part supply situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontaeronut View Post

If I may offer a wee bit of a idea... Perhaps the idea of a better website that shows items and stock levels and a more agressive promotion of said site. Now I know this can be hard for some small bussiness, but in today's day, you have to promote the heck out of your bussiness online or your missing alot of customers.
I agree that a more complex (ie: more expensive) website is nice but it also drives costs up. Costs go up and so does the price we pay. I have no problem calling or emailing about parts if it means saving a few bucks on each part I order.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you guys send me a list of sellers that are not on the Century web site?

I really do not like trying to order from Helicopter World as I have had numerous issues with them and the part supply issue is getting bad.

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are two additional sources:

http://fxaeromodels.com

http://www.thehelifarm.com/index.html

FXAeromodels is closing so their century stuff is like 40% off - you have to send them an email of what you want, they get back to you with the discount price & shipping.

TheHeliFarm is DennisP - you call him and tell him what you're looking for.

There may be others as well, these are the ones I know of.
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

pivotal hobbies is another I have used.
Furious Predator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in