Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 03:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Alternative CP2 setup?

I've typically seen CP2 setups where CP2 is given control of pitch, elevator and aileron. Has anyone tried an alternative setup where CP2 controls rudder,elevator and aileron? So upon loss of orientation, the pilot would let go of the right (cyclic)stick and give full positive collective (or negative if inverted) on the left stick. Has anyone tried this?
P@reez is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And why exactly would CP2 need to control rudder to achieve that?

Actually CP2 only controls aileron and elevator. Pitch channel is a result of eCCPM mixing, when applicable. Now when you add Hard Deck it gets a bit more complex, but for the basic setup it's a simple cyclic control.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm not saying that cp2 needs control over the rudder to achieve stabilization. I was just curious if anyone has tried alternative configurations on cp2.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jerry's point was that there is no corelation between your statement about rudder, and the ability to apply full collective with the left stick.

The basic set-up only controls airleon and elevator, ignoring those installations with HD, and in these cases you are free to apply full collective as you require. Even in the case of the HD type installs you have good control of collective, even though during an ER the CPII takes it over for a couple of seconds. Indeed in the case of HD it is important that you control collective to restore it to a medium +ve value during this 2 seconds of recovery so that there will not be a sudden loss of height when the recovery is completed as a result of you leaving it at a high -ve value, and the craft being returned to an upright orientation.

In order to control any of these axis, aileron, elevator, rudder or collective, the CPII has to have a way of knowing what its current status is in any of these planes. For elevator and aileron it uses the main sensor to look at the horizon and observe the difference in temperature between the ground and the sky. Consequently it can determine its angle at any given moment and apply appropriate corrections when needed. For collective, it has to know at what altitude it is at, as well as which way up it is, in order to apply an appropriate correction and it uses the main sensor and a barometric altimeter to do this. For the tail it has no sensor to tell it which way around it is, so it has no frame of reference on which to base its corrections, so it cannot correct for tail. In order to do this it would need at the very least a device that could track its compass heading, and ideally GPS too, so that it could know its position in space, and work out the direction back to you, in order that it could point the tail back at you.

You probably knew this, but since it wasn't clear what what your question was, I thought I would throw it out there.

Cheers

Sutty

Last edited by sutty; 03-30-2013 at 05:57 PM..
sutty is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks for the info. So it sounds like co pilot doesn't have sensors that check for yaw and hence there is no reason to feed rudder output from the rx to the co pilot.*

To clear up why I asked this question to begin with. I recently bought a used heli with co pilot 2 and microbeastx. The rudder output from the RX went into cp2 (rcv3) and the the cp2 output (svo3) went to the microbeastx (aux|pitch|rud) using the orange connector. This looks like an incorrect setup to me. Instead it should have been, aux1 from the rx connected to rcv3 on cp2, then svo3 on cp2 connected to*aux|pitch|rud on microbeastx using the red connector.*
Old 03-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds wrong to me. Having just completed a CPII MB installation, yesterday, I can tell you that if you are going to route anything through that channel it would normally be pitch, which is RED when going to the MB. It does indeed then go into the multi port input together with the rudder and the gain, which come directly from the Rx. This necessitates the splitting of this triple wire, unless you somehow have the Rx and CPII very close together.

You might even be able to see it in my picture posted yesterday regarding having nearly completed this set-up.

Looking at SV03 you will see the single red wire, and looking at the Rx, you can just about make out Rud and Gear, and the orange and brown wires that go there.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup this aligns exactly with my understanding of how it should be setup. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in