Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motor Choice for Standard Goblin 700?

OK I have the regular Goblin700. No mods. I bought the kit only and I am installing all the electronics. I am wanting to setup a really nice heli here. I have plenty of other helis that I fly with a mixture of different setups(including Kontronic). I wanted this one to be a killer setup. Just not sure which motor to order. I was told that this is the motor that I want:
KONTRONIK Pyro850-50C (500kv) Competition Long Shaft Motor
[Pyro850-50C]

I see it has a long shaft and wasn't sure if this is what i needed. They also offer this motor:
Kontronik Pyro 850-50L (500Kv) Long Shaft Brushless Motor
[Pyro850-50L]
Not the competition version and a bit cheaper. I was really looking at the "C" version.
Some say it may be overkill.

I am not a mad flyer but I do like power. My favorite setup I have now is my 550x with the Kontronic 120HV(Running on 6s) with the Kontronic 600-12. A great flyer maybe lacking a little on power. (still awesome)

Wanting to place my order today for the 700 motor. I posted in the Goblin forum and some suggested i post here. I hope you can help.
Thanks
Connif
Heli's I own: Goblin 700 and Goblin 500, Blade 600x, 2-Blade 550x's, Blade 500x, 2- Blade 450x's, Blade 300x, Blade 130X, Blade MCPX, Blade Nano, Blade MSRX, Blade MCX2, Blade Scout, 2- Blade 350QXs Oops 1, Blade 180QX
Connif Boudoin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would suggest a pyro 750 instead. the 850 is way overkill for a 700 size 3d machine.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The PYRO 850 is also almost 8 oz heavier than the 750...so basically you are adding 1/2 pound of weight for really no gain...

If worried about power, get the 750 competition motor...but...I am not sure that anyone can say that the standard Pyro750 isn't enough power for a 700 size heli...
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What a project. Still on the 700 I would go as already suggested - Pyro 750. You get plenty of power with it. Either you combine it with the Kosmik ESC or go with the Jive Pro 120. In case of 12s setup both should do fine.

I have been running the G700 with Pyro 700 black edition combined with a Helijive 120 for over a year and was very happy with the power it delivered.

As also mentioned before - go with the competition version to add a bit more kick if thats what you want and need.

The 850 I would use in the G770 or larger helis.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,

I'd like to know if anyone knows the Hacker Turnado V3 Motors?
How is there quality? Can you recommend them?

I think I go either with a Align 750 MX 530 KV or this Hacker http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=4137&p=4137

I'm not quite sure which motor would be the better choice for my G700....
ESC will be the new Jive PRO 120+HV

Hope you got some suggestions for me!

Cheers
Julian
Sonic_1579 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wrong forum, I think

Might be easier to get info on either the hacker forum or the goblin forum

Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in