Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yea i have a 4#3b... well its kinda broken haha. Its what started my whole heli addiction. it was my first heli. you can imagine it got trashed around qiute a bit though since it was my first. Might buy another one though. But i still want a 4G6 so i have something for backyard flying. I dont mind having to set it up thohugh. im used to it
jbeauvil001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Well you can hover the 4G3 indoors no problem but you can hover many helis indoors

For a backyard or small park the 4G3 is ideal, but you still have to set it up just like any other CP heli - if you want a fun heli for the living room that you can smash off walls etc and 90% of the time you just pick it up and fly, look no further than a 4#3B

man that raptor 90 is stable as! not a single twitch!
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lets just say i dont want to take the risk of flying my 450s inside the house haha. That could wreck havoc
Old 07-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't take long for that raptor to set off the smoke detector.
Their eyes must have been tearing, I don't care how wide open the doors and windows are.
miamiheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkera4g3 View Post
Hi
I have the same 4g3 as you. I also have a BMCX, but not moded. Do you have any pics of your moded bmcx, please feel free to PM me. I would like to mod mine for outdoors aswell

Thank you

Paul
Here is link to all the mcx posts I've collected since Christmas 2008. Many of them are mine, MIKEJBB. It's a google doc that I add to when I find new things I want to remember. If you look at the review of eagleedge's performance mod you'll see a closeup of the mod and then below it is another post that shows me flying outside at Leasure Hours heli mondays in Joliet, IL. You can hear the guys being amazed how fast the mcx is. The balancing lift post shows my mcx with my all aluminum flybar and homemade linkage. It works quite well. To see some others pix, you could do a search of my posts. If there's something specific you want to see, let me know.

Mods I feel are required for high speed outdoor flight in 5-10mph winds:
  1. short flybar - either stock or better yet my version so when you crash at full speed, you can just bend it back instead of replacing it.
  2. swash mod - either cuskers mod or one of the many others
  3. tilt your 5in1 back for even more control and it gets the servo gears away from the battery
  4. aluminum hub because if you fly outside, you will land upside down and break the hub. Look at mine, even the aluminum one is tore up I hit so hard so often
  5. when the blade balls break off, and they will, replace them with a blade screw, even though they are loose, they've never come off in flight for me, but they do come off easy in a crash, thus saving the heli a lot of stress.
  6. insert battery from the front or put it into the canopy, I've done both. My landing gear broke off so I just ca'd some cf between the gear and the frame, but made the gear a bit lower so the battery had even more room.
I was using the hobby city 138mah batts and the paper canopy so my weight was still at 27g's.
Function over ALL else
my photography http://BesPhoto.com
mikejbb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejbb View Post
Here is link to all the mcx posts I've collected since Christmas 2008. Many of them are mine, MIKEJBB. It's a google doc that I add to when I find new things I want to remember. If you look at the review of eagleedge's performance mod you'll see a closeup of the mod and then below it is another post that shows me flying outside at Leasure Hours heli mondays in Joliet, IL. You can hear the guys being amazed how fast the mcx is. The balancing lift post shows my mcx with my all aluminum flybar and homemade linkage. It works quite well. To see some others pix, you could do a search of my posts. If there's something specific you want to see, let me know.

1. short flybar - either stock or better yet my version so when you crash at full speed, you can just bend it back instead of replacing it.
  3. tilt your 5in1 back for even more control and it gets the servo gears away from the battery
  4. aluminum hub because if you fly outside, you will land upside down and break the hub. Look at mine, even the aluminum one is tore up I hit so hard so often
  5. when the blade balls break off, and they will, replace them with a blade screw, even though they are loose, they've never come off in flight for me, but they do come off easy in a crash, thus saving the heli a lot of stress.
  6. insert battery from the front or put it into the canopy, I've done both. My landing gear broke off so I just ca'd some cf between the gear and the frame, but made the gear a bit lower so the battery had even more room.
I was using the hobby city 138mah batts and the paper canopy so my weight was still at 27g's.
I don't see the link Mike, Please repost or PM me! I'm Very interested. I own 4 MCX
s and I have been tinkering with them for a loooooong time. I'm interested to see who else has had success with this model.

For what its worth, I have a 4#3b, 4G3 and a Novus FP and CP, a Gaui 200 and a King2 as well as 3 450 aligns. The 4#3B gets the most air time. It crashes with little to no damge and you cant say that about the Walkera or Novus CP
PittJitsu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 06:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittJitsu View Post
I don't see the link Mike, Please repost or PM me! I'm Very interested. I own 4 MCX
s and I have been tinkering with them for a loooooong time. I'm interested to see who else has had success with this model.

For what its worth, I have a 4#3b, 4G3 and a Novus FP and CP, a Gaui 200 and a King2 as well as 3 450 aligns. The 4#3B gets the most air time. It crashes with little to no damge and you cant say that about the Walkera or Novus CP
PittJitsu, I'm planning in getting a 4#3b too. I currently have the 4g3 Full Metal Brushless. I the handling of the 4#3b very similar to the 4g3? As in twitchyness?

Thank you

Paul
Old 07-20-2009, 06:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejbb View Post

Same here, where is the link? Man sounds like you have an awesome mods. We are dying to see it. Link please
Old 07-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I and I'm sure many others who look in this 4G6 thread in the 4G3 forum have no interest in the mcX - also it's completely off-topic - no relevance at all.

Would you please discuss the mcX in the appropriate forum? There will be a lot more folk in there who are interested in what you have to say

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Thanks
Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkera4g3 View Post
PittJitsu, I'm planning in getting a 4#3b too. I currently have the 4g3 Full Metal Brushless. I the handling of the 4#3b very similar to the 4g3? As in twitchyness?

Thank you

Paul
43b can be a little twitchy but you can tune that out, I only used the ext adjustment but there are other tricks in the tricks thread. Like using 43q blades or adding flybar weight.
My 4g3 (novus cp) is also pretty stable after tweaking the settings to my liking.
I still enjoy the 43b in my small space, as said it handles bouncing off the wall real well.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:11 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeauvil001 View Post
yea i have a 4#3b... well its kinda broken haha. Its what started my whole heli addiction. it was my first heli. you can imagine it got trashed around qiute a bit though since it was my first. Might buy another one though. But i still want a 4G6 so i have something for backyard flying. I dont mind having to set it up thohugh. im used to it
How broken is it?
You could take the opportunity to upgrade it to brushless or just get a single brushless one for $150 at club heli. That double brushless is still kind of tempting though.

I upgraded mine after managing to burn out the receiver.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

its broken as in it has a death wobble. i dont know what is causing the severe wobbling. im not sure whether i would get the double brushless though. ive heard the tail isnt very sturdy. is this true?

Also my current one already has a brushless main. Ideally i want to find a completely brushed heli and put my stuff on there as i only need a new airframe. anyone have one they dont want?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
its broken as in it has a death wobble. i dont know what is causing the severe wobbling. im not sure whether i would get the double brushless though. ive heard the tail isnt very sturdy. is this true?

Also my current one already has a brushless main. Ideally i want to find a completely brushed heli and put my stuff on there as i only need a new airframe. anyone have one they dont want?
Main frame-$7
http://clubheli.com/Walkera-43B-Main...Brushless.aspx

Check the setup in the head. They are sensitive to set up.

I had a death wobble and it turned out that the problem was the little piececs that go from the flybar cage to the swash follower had popped through thier mounts but not all the way out.
The ball links had pushed through instead of out if that makes sense. So they were not obvious but were not doing their job.

A little hard to explain but the pieces that I am talking about are the small "bones" in this pic of the balance bar set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HM43BZ06[1].jpg
Views:	78
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	106767  
Old 07-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i dont think any amount of setup could get this thing working properly. Ive tried everything, and nothing has worked. it has just been crashed way too many times. it has taught me well though. I need a completely new airframe (including metal head and skid)
Old 07-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i dont think any amount of setup could get this thing working properly. Ive tried everything, and nothing has worked. it has just been crashed way too many times. it has taught me well though. I need a completely new airframe (including metal head and skid)
Saw one for sale here for $65 the other day. Watch the classifieds.

EDIT- here is a brushless with lots of extras for $90
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=151011
Old 07-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yea i saw that one. has some broken stuff though. If i buy used i dont want anything to be broekn with it this time around. last time it was ok because it was going to be bashed around hard anyways, but now i want an airframe in good shape. Dont want to have another annoying death wobble problem
Old 07-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear you on that.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here it comes, and with the 2801.
I can't swing it right now but good to see that it will exist.

http://clubheli.com/Walkera4G6BRUSHL...ansmitter.aspx
Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it the same size brushless motor as the 4G3? I hope its more powerfull cause the 4G3 is underpowered.
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiheli View Post
Here it comes, and with the 2801.
I can't swing it right now but good to see that it will exist.

http://clubheli.com/Walkera4G6BRUSHL...ansmitter.aspx
Miami You Mother :""*%@#*^%!!!!! What did I do to you? Because of you, the electric and gas bill will be yet again late this month.. I had to order one.. Thanks..... I guess...:o
PittJitsu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in