Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default was i right to swap over

i recently ugraded to a nitro trex 600. i brought a DX7s thinking it had 3 flight modes but it does not. the option to go with a DX8 was the next logical choice but the shop i brought from and was setting it up had none left in stock and would not for a while. as an option they suggested a futaba T10CHG which looks very good overall but i am not as familiar with futaba and its menus / switches and general usage. but it had the three flight modes and was avalible in stock. do you guys ( not asking for a futaba vs spectrum war ) feel it was a good alternative option or should i of stuck it out for a DX8 to come into stock.

cheers
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably a better quality radio, futaba has always had solid radios, but you bought into their Eco system, and that's not a problem if you don't have many rx's to swap.
flynot2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a dx7, you only really need normal, idle up 1 and idle up 2. I know a whole load of pilots (including myself) that don't use IU2 at all as you only really need it for a flat line throttle for doing full on 3D imo. If I was going to go to Futaba it would be an 8FG as bang for buck its unbeatable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
del19_82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

To me, 3 flight modes are over rated, although I have the DX7 with 3 flight mode I normally only use two. Three modes are great for setting up a new heli but after I've set up my heli mode 1 and 2 are very close.

I want to add this, Spectrum messed up with the new DX7s not having the same things the (JR version) DX7 had but I think it was a pricing point. I've never held the new 7 or even seen one, but to me it's now more of an entry radio whereas before it was an up scale radio.

Just want to say, I love my old DX7, but will go JR next time.

Craig

T-Rex 600N | T-Rex 500 ESP | T-Rex 500 GF | T-Rex 250 (Love this little bird) | 22 year old Shuttle ZXX
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Loved my 10C - but I sold it to "upgrade" to an 8FG. Gotta love the constant stream of firmware updates.
MikeG4936 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

in my eyes the only reason for going to the DX7s was to get the 3 flight modes ( which the s does not have ) so in effect its a DX6 with an extra channel.
i dont fly other park flyer and only have one trex 600 nitro before that i had the trex 500 and a dx6i. i think ill run with the futaba see if it grows on me. then later when the new dx8 come out and if its still bugging me and avalible ill see if i can strike a swap deal with the shop. then again i might of got hooked on the futaba and leave it at that as it has the 3 flight modes the main reason for buying a higher that 6 channel radio.
cheers
Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Biggest question is do you want to use the transmitter to fly Eflite Blade mCPX or similar products.
acrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i went with the futaba and am really please. i plan to stick to the one trex 600 so no worries on bind and fly antics so i think for the price i got it for it was an excellent choice the t10cg need a degree to workout all the different screens and luckily for me it brought it and the heli setup it flys amaxing from the dx6i i had its feels more connected and smoother my must be a spectrum days have gone but thats not to say either is best just for me i feel very happy with the setup and feel of both the heli and the futaba. the heli has the futaba tail servo and gy611 gyro i flew 3 flights one after the other and by the third was inverted and looping rolling i cannot beleve how stable the heli feels comapred to the trex 500. im happy with my choice and shop i purchased from liam the setup guru really is an expert when it comes to setup i would of been at it for months now i can just enjoy flying

recommeded shop

http://www.modelheliservices.com

some pics for all

heli parked

and ready to go with futaba

Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantummodz View Post
i cannot beleve how stable the heli feels comapred to the trex 500.
Wait until you make the 600 to 700 jump. You'll be saying that all over again!!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go with the Futaba 8FGS! If you ens up switching to Futaba don't bother with the 10CG, go right to the 8FGS. They just came out with an T8J but it is S-FHHS not FASST but it is only like $270. Depends what you are flying, don't know if the T8J will have 701/750 support like the 8FGS does.
michaelrc51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for your thoughts i really like the 10cg and got it for a good price. the menu has more options than i will ever need and it has the 3 flight modes.

regarding was i right to swap in my opinion only having the one heli yes i also like the way the menu is setup and the switches and the bearing gimbles feel really smooth.

the heli shop set the heli up so it really fly sweet literally let go of the sticks stable.

this weekend i went over to the heli site and gave it a good run done about 12 flights since the inital 3 test and runnin on the new 0S 55 HZ engine so well run in. never mind bind and fly. i love fuel and go amazing with the 500 i seemed to be always waiting for lipos to charge

amazing this is now what i was looking for fly land refuel off again all day. on 2 S2 batterys. priceless.

changed the way i fly and my skill level is growing big time

never felt as connected when flying the 500 as i do with this 600

have fun all.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just did the same thing, traded both of my electric heli's for one very nice 600 fbl. Looking forward to see how a "big heli" feels and nitro at that, I like you hated waiting to charge all the batteries only to run them all out in a very short period of time. Can't wait, should have the new 600 in a couple of weeks. Happy flying!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

yep im sure you will love the new heli and definatley worth the wait. are you having it built by a shop or doing it yourself as it was a totally new area for me i got the shop to set it up radio and heli and im glad i did. may of cost more but leaves me with a spot on heli and i can concerntrate on flying.

some shots of heli done a vid also but quality not brilliant need a better camera now auto focus not realy doing what it should.

anyway happy flying all

roll

fly by

close up

Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love the Nitro smell...... Dont have a Nitro heli yet but very soon...
We have two Mugen mbx's, Nothing like quick a fuel stop and taking off down the pit lane wide open !
MrHeliNewbie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHeliNewbie View Post
Nothing like quick a fuel stop and taking off down the pit lane wide open !
And if you really want to fuel and fly non-stop, do a hot refuel. No need to shut down, just add fuel while idling on the runway and you're off before the electric guys get their canopy off

I did 7 or 8 flights like this once just because I was bored and there was no one else on the flight line.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in