Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Flight Power 6S 4900 in a Swift

Man-O-Man I've never laughed so hard in a long time, Hotwings, Tim Tompkins and I were flying yesterday and Ron (Hotwings) said hey Tim why don't you try one of my Flight Power 6S 4900's in your Swift and see what your think, well Tim started off with some Emolies <sp> that he made up, then tried one of Ron's Align T-rex 600 packs and they had a bit more power and then yesterday he put the Flight Power in and we just keep hearing Tim laughing from the flight line, when he got done he though the heli in his truck and toar off down the field yelling something like you'll have to catch me to get these back

Seriouly he had a ball with the extra power the batteries had and the snap into each manouver was a blast to watch, I think Hotwings is still chasing Tim around town trying to get his batteries back.
Foxden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Foxden,

I have well over 130 flights on my Swift now - all using 6S1P / 3700mah/ 20C Flight Power batteries. A number of friends initially set theirs up with 7 to 10 cell e-molis. All, after flying mine with the FP3700's switched - 6.5minutes of HOT flight!!! And I found for the first 40 charges they just kept getting better!!!

Today I tried the 4900's. Just went 7 minutes (only took 3650 out of them) and will do so until I get 10 or so cycles through them before extending the flight times.

They weighed in about 3 ozs. more then the 3700's but the extra weight didn't seem to bother the Swift at all.

I can really understand why Century always recommended the Flight Power packs to me whenever I talked to any of their R & D pilots.
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

ABSOLUTELY,

I watched Adam Turner fly his swift at the Mulberry FF and it was increadible, Tim's been flying for 20+ years and can throw his around the sky pretty good, it was just so funny to see him hijack the battery yesterday, then this morning Ron called me and said he wasn't gonna make it out to the field today and to stop by and pick up the batteries so Tim could fly them again today, These Flight Power packs are the cat's meow.

Clyde
Old 12-31-2006, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I have been using FP 6S 3700 packs in my Swift and they really pull this heli around awesome! Also 5S works well to.. A littel less head speed but you can feel the weight decrease.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2006, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I confess! I never thought a battery would make so much difference. I've tested a lot of combo's but this one is very quick. I have a Z30 1100 with a castle creations P-80. With the other batteries I get a nice 2000+ headspeed with my 9 tooth pinion. I get the same with the align 4400 pack and the 6S emoli's. The difference was about 1 min into the flight the li-ion emoli would loose about 100 rpms. It never would snap or pop like I wanted it to so I went with the align 4400 that Ron quit using . He had gotten two new Flight power 4900 packs. Well just like Clyde said, Ron let me try a flight with his new toy. I was laughing out loud as soon as it spooled up. I yelled to Clyde to get a tach. It was spinning at 2240 after a couple of mins of pop and stomp. I flew it out till my timer went off at 6 mins and it was room temp and took back 2500mah's . I flew two more times yesterday and again today. I'm spoiled. TimT
Tim Tompkins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2006, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have been "preaching" the stand out benefits of the FP packs for almost a year now. Some have believed but many did not. Of those that did not, all, when given a chance to compare mine to theirs, saw the light.

Unfortunately, over the net, one does not get the chance to try someones FPs. So they may be more reluctant to believe. But when they finally do - they finally believe.

Like a number of other good discoveries I have found over the years, many may not want to believe there is anything better then what they have, specially if it is LESS money to buy. Such an example, for me, was my discovery of how good, a number of other Century helis where (other then the Swift). They make some pretty hot nitro and gasser helis that surprised me, from the inexpensive Hawk Pro up to their Predator Gasser.

But as more get to see them and try them, they may well also find the great value in these helis.
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Your preaching to the quire, I have two Predator Carbon SE's and a Predator Carbon Gasser SE, and I'm very happy with them, another heli were now flying is the RJX Hurrican 50 a very hi quality solid machine, look for the write up in this months Model Helicopter World.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in