Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default 6th Annual Helifreak Fun Fly - October 9-12, 2014 Anderson, CA

*Yeah, I know. Pretty much the same graphic as last year. I got lazy. hehe*

Here we go again! (I'm getting a little tired of saying that!) We are VERY pleased to announce the 6th Annual Helifreak Fun Fly!
Once again we're headed to Anderson California as guests of the Northern California RC Unlimited Flyers. Once again, a BIG thanks to the Board and members of NCRCUF for inviting us back- even though they've experienced us once already!

Special thanks to Curtis Raimondi for stepping up to CD for us again. We know it's a big job and it's very much appreciated! Again, I will be helping out as Co-CD. If things go as smoothly as they did last year, we'll be better able to sleep at night.

As in year past, we will be doing it classic HeliFreak style! No Commercial BS, no manufacturer demos - just flying, fun and friends!!

Pro/Sponsored Pilots confirmed so far:

"Hardcore" Tony Whiteside
Jason Bell
Tim "The Game Changer" Jones
Devin LeBlanc
Dylan Newby
Jesse Kavros
Matthew Blaisdell
Brian Langston
Kyle Dahl

Sponsors
---------------------
  1. Jeff Barrett - Synergy R/C Express
  2. Cyclone Blades
  3. Adventure RC
  4. OMG - 2 OMG X4 Tail Servos, Complete set of 450 Servos, Complete set of 500 size Servos.
  5. Avant RC - NITRO MOSTRO Baby!!!!
  6. HeliDirect - Goblin 500 Kit Baby!!!!
  7. Progressive RC
  8. VRC Hobbies
  9. KBDD
  10. RDLohr's Clearly Superior Products
  11. Robird USA
  12. JR America
  13. Scorpion Power System Co.
  14. KDS Models USA - Chase 360 BAD ASS Kit! http://www.kdsmodelsusa.com/product-p/kc-360-c2.htm Combo kit 2 check it out!!!
  15. J&H Diesel - Your one stop Diesel Performance Shop - Ask for Joel.
  16. Heli Parts Direct - Custom Goblin 630 Comp Canopy Tail Boom and Fins and Landing skids. White carbon, only 5 sets made total in existence.
  17. Perfect Regulators - SWEET bag of goodies!!
  18. HITEC RCD
  19. RCBOOYA - Goodie Bag assortment!!!
  20. Empire Hobby - Yea Baby!!
  21. RC DEPOT Hobbies - T-REX 550 Combo Kit - Yea Baby!
  22. Xpert Servos
  23. Bavarian Demon - 3X FBL system and assorted swag
  24. Spartan RC
  25. Dinogy Lipos - Gift Certificate (Thanks Mark!)
  26. Mikado USA - VBar Control!!!!!! (Thanks Bryan!!!)
  27. Experience RC - Yea Baby!!
  28. MD Helicopters USA - MD6 600 FBL Kit with 620mm FBL Rotortech Blades (Thanks Matt!)
  29. ProStar Hobbies
  30. Lynx Heli/OXY HELI
  31. InvertiX 3D Kit Multirotor - thank you Bobby Watts!!
  32. AMain.com - Tower Lights + a bunch more stuff. Thank you!!
  33. AccuRC - Simulator
  34. HF Mods - AleeS Rush Tony Battery Tray and Radius Arms Upgrades
  35. Horizon Hobby 300 CFX

Please send your raffle donations to:
J&H Diesel
Attn: Raffle
Helifreak Fun Fly
875 Twin View Blvd
Redding, CA 96003

Your shop's name could be here!

If you would like to help out the event with a sponsorship donation, please contact Kevin (Skiddz) or Will (WillJames).

Raffle update!!

This year, we're going to do things a little differently.. In addition to the main raffle on Saturday afternoon (and yes, you must be present to win) and the volunteer raffle around that same time, we're going to have a midnight raffle on Friday night. Any registered pilot who flies under the flood lights Friday night will get one raffle ticket for use in this raffle only. I have it under good authority there are some decent prizes for this one... No need for a dedicated night rig, the flood lights will provide plenty of light so you can see your helicopter.

Good luck to everyone!

• Tent Campers welcome!
• RV's Welcome! (No hookups and no on-site water available)
• Night Flying from dusk to midnight! (and perhaps beyond??)
• Food once again provided by the awesome volunteers from the Northern California RC Unlimited Flyers all day long. (Kelli, special request from me for your delicious salsa again please!)

Kevin "Skiddz" Spousta, Will James and Tony Whiteside will be the Helifreak "liasons" to NCRCUF. We're going to do things pretty much the same as last year with impromptu clinics and the same approach to the entire event - Bringing the forum to "real life"

We will opening up online registration in about a month. The page has been built and is undergoing testing to make sure transactions are being processed. You will be able to pay for registration and at least one shirt. (We're trying to get the page working so you can by multiple shirts in multiple sizes) Online registration will allow us to confirm your AMA status ahead of time and get everyone past the registration desk as quickly as possible. It will also help us determine how much food and beverages to provide as well as other "necessities". Pilot registration fees have been set at $35 for pre-registration and $40 on-site. We just couldn't keep the costs down to maintain last year's fees and had to bump it up. Still, a pretty good deal for a 4-day event. Shirt prices are still to be determined.

We realize it's a long trip for those who got used to the Southern California events, but we hope to see you all there. It really is a great location and a great group of people hosting us.

AMA Sanction Number: 1566

Be sure to check this post and the following one from time to time as the most current information will always be available here.

Will, start the countdown!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Announcement Art 2014.png
Views:	4520
Size:	495.3 KB
ID:	517036  

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos

Last edited by rovpilot26; 10-07-2014 at 10:22 AM..
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

This post is where the details of the event will be updated as we receive them. If you have a question, please check here first as you may find the answer you're looking for.

Where

Like last year, we're headed to Anderson, CA (Northern California) as guests of the Northern California Radio Control Unlimited Flyers at Ash Creek RC Park. The park is located near the intersection of Ash Creek Road and Coleman Fish Hatchery Road. See the Travel section below for directions.

Coleman Fish Hatchery Rd, Anderson, CA 96007
GPS Coordinates are 40.423863,-122.16957 and the will put you right in the parking lot.

Pilot Fees

Pilot registration fees have been set at $35 for pre-registration and $40 on-site. We just couldn't keep the costs down to maintain last year's fees and had to bump it up. Still, a pretty good deal for a 4-day event. Shirt prices are still to be determined.

Food

The club will, once again, make food available all day long. Please make a donation each and every time you get something to eat. The club spends a LOT of money and time to feed us all, and nobody can say the food last year wasn't outstanding.

Raffle

We anticipate a nice selection of prizes from our always awesome sponsors. As we did the past two years, the raffle is for registered pilots only. Tickets will be $2.00 each and pilots may buy up to 25 tickets in addition to the ticket they will receive as part of their event fee. We feel that this is a fair way to keep someone from loading the ticket jar in their favor and keeps the odds even for everyone who decides to "max out" on tickets.

We will also reserve a few select prizes for the people who volunteer during the event. Each 2 hour shift will net you one entry into this prize pool.

Please be aware that HeliFreak Staff, NCRCUF/Ash Creek Board Members are NOT eligible whether they're registered pilots or not. Any general member of either Helifreak.com or NCRCUF/Ash Creek *is* eligible *if* they are a registered pilot.

Travel -

If you'll be flying in, your best bet will be to fly into San Francisco International (KSFO) or Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (KOAK) and then fly into Redding Municipal Airport (KRDD) The Ash Creek RC Field is about 12 miles from the airport.

Alternately, you can fly into Sacramento and make the 150 mile drive to Anderson.

If you're driving:

From Interstate 5 North - Exit 667 toward Deschutes Road. Turn left at Factory Outlets Drive. Continue onto Deschutes Road. Turn right at Balls Ferry Road. Turn Left at Ash Creek Road/County Highway A17. The entrance to the field is on your right just before Ash Creek Road turns left.

From Interstate 5 South - Exit 664 towards Gas Point Road. Turn Right onto 4th Street. Turn left at Balls Ferry Road. Keep right to stay on Balls Ferry Road. Turn right at Ash Creek Road/County Highway A17. The entrance to the field is on your right just before Ash Creek Road turns left.

If you're between exits 664 and 667, you should know the area far better than we do and you're on your own.

HF user Himilou was kind enough to run up a map for us:

http://goo.gl/maps/gxBl4

Lodging -

Tent and RV camping will be available on a first come, first served basis. There are no hookups or potable water on-site. We'll try to find a nearby location where you can fill your freshwater tanks and maybe even a dump station or two.

If you won't be doing the RV thing, there are a number of hotels/motels in the area which are listed below. Distances from the field / Airport are estimated based on Google Maps and the airnav.com website:

BAYMONT INN & SUITES ANDERSON - 7.9 / 5.0
BEST WESTERN PLUS ANDERSON INN - 8.1 / 3.9
GAIA HOTEL & SPA SHASTA - 9.5 / 2.7
SUPER 8 REDDING CA - 15.9 / 3.5
HILTON GARDEN INN REDDING - 16.0 / 3.8
HOWARD JOHNSON EXPRESS INN - REDDING - 18.3 / 5.4
BAYMONT INN AND SUITES REDDING - 18.4 / 5.4
BEST WESTERN PLUS HILLTOP INN - 18.4 / 5.6
LA QUINTA INN & SUITES REDDING - 18.5 / 5.7
VAGABOND INN REDDING - 18.5 / 5.6
QUALITY INN - 18.6 / 5.8
OXFORD SUITES REDDING - 18.8 / 5.9
COMFORT INN REDDING - 18.8 / 5.8
HAMPTON INN & SUITES REDDING - 18.8 / 5.6
HOLIDAY INN REDDING - 18.8 / 5.9
RAMADA LIMITED REDDING - 21.9 / 8.8

RV Camping and Rental

Two RV rental companies are nearby if you'd like to rent a travel trailer to stay on-site during the event.

Anderson RV Sales, Inc.
Mary Ann Sturges
530-378-1993
http://andersonrvsalesandrentals.com/contact.php

TowTally Camping
Danielle Dickinson
530-355-5870
http://towtallycamping.com/contact-us/

Be sure to mention Helifreak when you call.

KOA runs quite a few campgrounds nationwide and you can find them here: http://koa.com/find-a-koa/

Shipping Fuel/Tools/Helis

I'm hoping the following will be true, but don't etch this in stone just yet. I'll contact the "volunteers" and see if they're still cool with this.

Many people have asked where they might be able to ship their gear/fuel. Greggor McGrath from A-main has graciously offered to accept your fuel shipments:

Send your fuel to:

A Main Hobbies
HeliFreak Fun Fly
[your name]
424 Otterson Drive
Chico, CA 95928
USA

1-530-894-0797

Follow up with an email to Greggor (greggorm@amainhobbies.com) and let him know when and how much you're sending. He'll bring it over with the A-main guys when they make the drive.

Gear/Helis can be sent to:

J&H Diesel
Attn: [your name]
Helifreak Fun Fly
875 Twin View Blvd
Redding, CA 96003

or
[Your Name]
FedEx Shipping Center
6775 Woodrum Circle
Redding, CA 96002

*** MAKE SURE IF YOU'RE SENDING YOUR PACKAGES HERE, YOU CHECK "HOLD AT FEDEX LOCATION" ON THE WAYBILL!! ***

You will need to pick up your gear in person as we have no way to transport your shipment from the shop to the field.

As far as we know, shipping back will be ok via J&H, but ***MAKE SURE*** you have pre-addressed shipping labels, tape etc to get your gear ready to go. You will need to get it to the shop on your own.

Remember, these folks are doing you a large favor; make it as easy and convenient as possible on them.

Last edited by Skiddz; 10-01-2014 at 06:54 PM..
Old 06-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Apologies for the delay in getting this thread restored.. (Thanks to Google's cache for allowing me to copy and paste the content!)

I'll get the two posts above cleaned up and formatted over the weekend, but all the pertinent stuff is there for you guys.

As usual, look to the first two posts for updates as the planning progresses.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

SWEET good to hear going to be a epic funfly this year...OOOHHH BOYYY GET READYYYY
Old 06-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

AWESOME! I went last year as a spectator thinking that it was just going to be pro and sponsored pilots flying, and I was kicking myself for not bringing my Helis to fly. I will bee flying this year. I Really enjoyed the spotlight flying and the live music. My wife and son attended also, and they had a great time.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess I'm a little late chiming on this, but for Heli Freakin' sakes, BRING YOUR HELIS!!!!!! Even if you don't fly one, single, measley flight, you have no idea what you are missing out on if you 'forget to bring' them with you!!!!

Part of the reason they started this event was for the little guys, the newbs, the guys that are just there to fly; to hang out with friends, meet new ones, and maybe witness some great flying with people on the same level as you all the way up to the Pros. Trust me, I'd rather go to an event and see just one person do their first flip or autorotation than see a boat-load of Pro pilots, but I also enjoy seeing some good smack flying and this event allows you to experience both!!!
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 07:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I absolutely agree. I have been attending several fun fly events and flying all year. Can't wait to make it to this one

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
Old 07-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Are you going to be able to make this one, Tim? It was much easier for you when you lived in AZ.

I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get my helis out there, since I'm flying into Sacramento and renting a car. With the baggage fees, it's almost cheaper to ship them.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Ship 'em and have them held at the Redding Fed Ex distribution center. Redding is a 20 min drive from Anderson and is home of the Black Bear Diner (great place for breakfast on the mornings before the event starts) Fed Ex is 7 miles from Black Bear Diner and is on the way back to the field.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I was wondering about using the Sacramento FedEx office. It's not very far from the airport.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's probably a snowball's chance in hell of going, but Richard has been edging me towards trying to go. I probably wouldn't be able to take much more than a 450, but that's mostly all I fly at the moment anyway. It's still a couple months away so we'll see how things go.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
I was wondering about using the Sacramento FedEx office. It's not very far from the airport.
That would work too, but then you'd miss out on the feast that is the Black Bear Grill breakfast plate.

(Well, probably not, but you can see where my priorities lie. hehehe)

Old 07-05-2014, 04:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Black Bear has awesome food. Especially the baked goods. Too bad we are on a diet. Unfortunately, it is too far north for me. Guess I need to keep my eyes open for something in Socal or Vegas. The southeast will work for me as well. NorCal is just in a dead zone for us to go to.

The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Psywarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 6th Annual Helifreak Fun Fly - October 9-12, 2014 Anderson, CA

My favorite

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
Old 07-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Hell yeah! I did the chicken fried steak both times I ate there. Delicious!

Old 07-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Hmm. It may be about suppertime by the time I get in that area. My plane gets into Sacramento at 3:35pm.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

If it's on Thursday or after, dinner will be going at the field until about 6:30pm..

Old 07-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I'm flying in on Wednesday.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Might want to hit up In 'n Out on the way out of town then.

Actually, we can probably wait for you to show and then run out to grab dinner as a group.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddz View Post
Might want to hit up In 'n Out on the way out of town then.
We have those down here now.

Quote:
Actually, we can probably wait for you to show and then run out to grab dinner as a group.
That would be great. Of course, I'll probably be disgusted at the same time.
Graupner MZ-32

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in