Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Fuselage Forum

Fuselage Forum Fuselage Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First scale build

I'm going to be building my first scale. It will be built on a 450 frame with a agusta109 body.
My question is. It has a 4 blade head, so do u treat it as a flybarless heli or as a flybarred? If know it sounds stupid but the only scale heli in have ever seen was flybarred. If it had to guess it would be flybarrless.
But I'm better of asking.
Thanks Dan
Elleesdaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Consider it a flybarless

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

rc aerodyne hase 4 and 5 blade heads you supposedly do not need to use fbl controller on them. i did some searching around as im doing a 500 blackhawk and ordered a head with my fuse. on another site though they said you had to use weighted tip blades on the heads for this feature. i think before i install the fuse i will take it for a test whirl with reg blades to see if the info is true or not.
madmorgan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmorgan View Post
rc aerodyne hase 4 and 5 blade heads you supposedly do not need to use fbl controller on them. i did some searching around as im doing a 500 blackhawk and ordered a head with my fuse. on another site though they said you had to use weighted tip blades on the heads for this feature. i think before i install the fuse i will take it for a test whirl with reg blades to see if the info is true or not.
RC Aerodyne isn't currently selling any 3, 4, or 5 blade rotor heads.
You will need to shop at ehirobo or Hobby King for multi blade rotor heads.

Weighted tip scale rotor blades are only available for 450 size scale rotor blades.

Yes, you can "get them to fly" without a flight controller, and some people "say" they like it.
Based on my personal experience, flying a multi blade head without a flight controller, I would not recommend it to a friend.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium View Post
RC Aerodyne isn't currently selling any 3, 4, or 5 blade rotor heads.
You will need to shop at ehirobo or Hobby King for multi blade rotor heads.

Weighted tip scale rotor blades are only available for 450 size scale rotor blades.

Yes, you can "get them to fly" without a flight controller, and some people "say" they like it.
Based on my personal experience, flying a multi blade head without a flight controller, I would not recommend it to a friend.
Hey BT, are these Copter-X heads compatible with a Blade 450? I've heard rumor that some will and some won't but I cannot seem to find enough information about them to know, I definitely don't want to purchase one that doesn't work with my platform...
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderisthegame View Post
Hey BT, are these Copter-X heads compatible with a Blade 450? I've heard rumor that some will and some won't but I cannot seem to find enough information about them to know, I definitely don't want to purchase one that doesn't work with my platform...
I've never owned a Copter-X rotor head.
It is a preferred choice of many others on this forum and RCGroups scale forum.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderisthegame View Post
No it will not I have Four Blade 400s and the CopterX Heads will Not work because of the Swash plate you will have to use the Head from HobbyKing I have three of these Heads Two are on my Blade400s http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor_Head.html Here's one in Action
500E Good morning flight (7 min 1 sec)
Old 07-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner469 View Post
No it will not I have Four Blade 400s and the CopterX Heads will Not work because of the Swash plate you will have to use the Head from HobbyKing I have three of these Heads Two are on my Blade400s http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor_Head.html Here's one in Action 500E Good morning flight - YouTube
That's very nice! It looks like they only have 4 and 5 Blade heads though.... I'm looking for a 3 Blade for my AS350 build, do they not make one of those that will fit my Blade 450?
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

unfortunately I no of no one that makes a Three Bladed Head that will fit a Blade Heli its all about the Swash Plate setup!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in