Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Key fob camera correct date and time

Hi

I have one of those little eBay spy cams that look like the car key fob. All my instrutions are in Chinese and I can't work out to get the correct date and time. After a bit of web research I found you have to add a txt file to the root directory of the memory card of the camera, but it's still not working. Any body have a file they could email me or post the txt here so I can copy and paste it into my file.

Thanks in advance

Paul....
master65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by master65 View Post
I found you have to add a txt file to the root directory of the memory card of the camera, but it's still not working.
You need three complete lines of text in a file called tag.txt. Open Notepad and enter this:

Quote:
[date]
2010/01/02~
18:09:00~
Now, go back and replace the ~ marks with a single SPACE. There must be a space at the end of those lines, or it does not work.

Put the file in the root folder of the camera "drive" and eject properly. Power off the camera. Power on the camera. Power off the camera.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please note: The file name of txt file is "tag" the ".txt" is the extension. If the name is "tag.txt" not work.
bill the greek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill the greek View Post
Please note: The file name of txt file is "tag" the ".txt" is the extension. If the name is "tag.txt" not work.
Only Windows can make something so simple into something so complicated.

What you mean is, "if the filename appears to be tag.txt but you have the default Windows settings that hide file extensions, then you've actually been tricked into making a double extension and the filename is actually tag.txt.txt. Instead, turn off the stupid setting that hides your computer from you, so you can see what a file's name and extension are, and set the filename to tag.txt directly."
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

See here for more info... lots of stuff on these el'cheapo cams..
http://chucklohr.com/808/#Instructions3

or start at the top of the page... Chuck keeps updating almost daily..
http://chucklohr.com/808/

Last edited by Robbeach; 01-06-2010 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: more info...
Robbeach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
Only Windows can make something so simple into something so complicated.

What you mean is, "if the filename appears to be tag.txt but you have the default Windows settings that hide file extensions, then you've actually been tricked into making a double extension and the filename is actually tag.txt.txt. Instead, turn off the stupid setting that hides your computer from you, so you can see what a file's name and extension are, and set the filename to tag.txt directly."
In instruction say make a file with name "tag.txt" so it is simple to confused if someone do not know about extensions. Its easier to say create a notepad file with name "tag"
bill the greek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill the greek View Post
In instruction say make a file with name "tag.txt" so it is simple to confused if someone do not know about extensions. Its easier to say create a notepad file with name "tag"
Unless you're using a Mac. Or Linux. Or you have turned off the "hide file extensions" option. In any of those cases, the filename should be tag.txt - the extension is part of the name, not something that should be hidden.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i got the d001 camera,same thing,you just change the text on the tag file.save it then put it on the 1st part of the card,when card is in camera and switched on it changes it, the tag file looks like this
[date]
2009/07/22
12:00:00
k2efy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a free program that sets time and date for you. I have Vista and it worked for my $8(that includes shipping from China) ebay key fob cam.
Go here:
http://oteandnote.blogspot.com/2010/...set-clock.html
Download the zip file and extract the .exe to your DCIM folder on the SD card.
run the file. It will bring up a small window and should already have time and date correct.
Click on the green arrow.
Your done.
Your next video will have the correct time and date.
leithalweapon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in