Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thinkin of getting frenzy but have ?'s

I recently crashed my raptor 50 really bad due to my futaba 9254 failing on the tail. Well I priced everything up and for about 75 more I can get the frenzy. It sounds like a really sweet bird, and deal!!! Well I was going to migrate my electrics(minus the tail servo!!) and my hyper 50.
My question is will I be able to take out the whole engine assembly with the fan and clutch and throw it in the frenzy? It looks almost identical!
I also have the metal tail assembly on the rappy, do I need any modification to mount it on the frenzy boom?
thanks
nathan211 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Use the motor mount that comes with the Frenzy, and the rest of your Raptor stuff will fit. Frenzy tail, Raptor tail, it all fits.
jay hall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Join the Frenzy, you won't be dissappointed. I just ordered my second one today so I have backup ready to go.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You will have to use the raptor main gear with the pinion on the raptor clutch bell. The frenzy looks the same but it dosnt quite mesh.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a raptor 50, and evo 50 before, but this frenzy flies so much better, there is no comparison. Build quality wise you might be disappointed in a few areas, such as worst ball link I ever seen ( it is so tight it almost broke my ball link plier), wobbly tail drive gear and so on. But once you get this bird in the air, there is no comparison. It tracks like it is on a rail in fast forward flight, and when you push the pace, it can perform any 3D maneuver you throw at it. That is with upgrade on the stubz stabilizer and fly bar upgrade of course.
Pirofreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

what kind of flybar upgrade are you making with this bird?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

He's talking about going to a longer flybar than the stock one. I just used the align part number H60108T, which is the 440mm fly bar. The actual paddle you choose can make a difference too. Amazingly, the stock flybar paddles work quite well but you can put whatever you want on there. I'm going to try the super stubz this weekend and see how I like those.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok i am also wondering if my flybar and, or V-blade CF paddles from my raptor 50, will work well for the frenzy, also what if any other mods do I need to do to make it right the first time? I thought i read somewhere about the tail case wasnt good, but js was fixing the problem, any thing else? Thanks for the help so far!! nathan
Old 06-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nathan,

I've been flying mine for about three weeks, and the only changes I've made are the paddles for lighter ones to speed up the cyclic a hair, and better/stiffer plastic tail rotor blades....the ones that came with my kit were too flexible.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I usually replace the tail drive pulley with an aluminum one but the new kit I just started building yesterday had a better plastic tail pulley in it. I didn't see any wobble in it at all like the previous kits had. I replaced it anyway since I bought the upgraded part. This is one of those kits that really works quite well out of the box.

About the tail case: The new kits come with the new reinforced version. It looks almost identical to the old one except for four small gussets. Amain has been taking care of all the owners of previous kits by sending out replacement parts without customers asking for them. What other company does that?

I also ended up replacing the tail blades and flybar paddles and went with a longer flybar. All simple changes to make that were not done out of necessity.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

do you have a link for the aluminum tail pully
Thanks
sid-fmx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The tail drive pully is now on A-main's website: JSS-1022
Or you could get the one from heliproz south: heliproz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in