Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaga View Post
Hi,

I am about to order my new bird - a L400. The only thing I don't like is the tail servo. Have some of you tested the boom mount from mikado (MK00828) ??

Regards

- Erik -
As Shawn says the frame is drilled and has spaces for a full size TR servo or else the 9651 - mini, as opposed to micro, servos such as the Align DS520 or 9257 have to have an adaptor plate to go into the full size cutout. I was tempted to put a full size in but the weight of the BLS251 is 62g as opposed to 27g for the 9257 so I opted for the latter as I wanted to keep the bird light as possible.
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 11:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
HF Support

Well the build is over and she's test flown - not too much drama with the build.

Good points:

1) Nice design and super lightweight - basically a scaled down 600 -> 500 -> 400
2) Ease of access to motor, servos and huge battery tray shoudl accommodate many options of lipo

Not so hot !

1) Servo trays all drilled for 9650 and 9651 - any other sizes will take modding the trays and fiddling with the balls to get the geometry straight.
2) Sad lack of ball races - would only have cost a few $$ more to include a thrusted tail rotor and ball raced tail lever and washout arms.
3) Hex plastic frame spacers too easily stripped - ali upgrade would be well worth paying for.
4) Canopy is crazy thin - I tore the base having a trial fit and pulled out a hole from the nose and lifted some of the windscreen black just removing masking tape - Incidentally there is a furrow between the windscreen and the canopy allowing paint creep - best to mask off the windshield and have a bare white surround.

I'll post a vid of the completed frame and electrics and a test flight. If anyone is interested I can do a rotor and radio setup though this is similar to the 500.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030143.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	67169   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030144.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	67170   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030148.JPG
Views:	884
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	67171   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030146.JPG
Views:	869
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	67174   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030147.JPG
Views:	716
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	67175  

Name:	P1030157.JPG
Views:	586
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	67180  

Last edited by Mercuriell; 10-29-2008 at 04:50 AM..
Mercuriell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 04:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great work!!, to note** for the peeps wanting to use a mid size servo for tail ReadyHeli sells a 9257 tr servo plate adaptor, which is a direct fit to use stock holes for the FS servos.

http://www.readyheli.com/Custom_Heli..._p/chp-064.htm

Sorry Merc, if I had payed attention to you using a mid size tr servo, I would have suggested this earlier, me bad.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ordered my L400 V-bar yesterday. My first Mikado modell.
ehaga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Mercuriell
Where is the flight vid ?
I want to see it before i buy it ;-)
I already have V-stabi Logo 400 and i tried Hitec HS 81MG but they donīt work at all. so now i wait for my Futabas. Do you like your Align servos or do you change them ?

Greetz
fishtank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 04:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
HF Support

Bit embarassed to post the maiden flight as yours truly got a bit impatient behind the camera, took over the controls and dumb thumbed it - the tail has been a bit of a problem with a twitch which was cured by changing to the ball linked tail lever and I'm just fiddling with the Solid G gyro and servo now. The Align servos are great on cyclic - changed out the tail to a 9257 and think I will take Shaun's advice and put in a full size 9254 or BLS 251 - I'll post the dumb thumb vid if you like

PS I gave it quite a smack rotor first and it fared very well - just had to change shaft and a few ball links in the head and the blades of course
Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Well the build is over and she's test flown - not too much drama with the build.

Good points:

1) Nice design and super lightweight - basically a scaled down 600 -> 500 -> 400
2) Ease of access to motor, servos and huge battery tray shoudl accommodate many options of lipo

Not so hot !

1) Servo trays all drilled for 9650 and 9651 - any other sizes will take modding the trays and fiddling with the balls to get the geometry straight.
2) Sad lack of ball races - would only have cost a few $$ more to include a thrusted tail rotor and ball raced tail lever and washout arms.
3) Hex plastic frame spacers too easily stripped - ali upgrade would be well worth paying for.
4) Canopy is crazy thin - I tore the base having a trial fit and pulled out a hole from the nose and lifted some of the windscreen black just removing masking tape - Incidentally there is a furrow between the windscreen and the canopy allowing paint creep - best to mask off the windshield and have a bare white surround.

I'll post a vid of the completed frame and electrics and a test flight. If anyone is interested I can do a rotor and radio setup though this is similar to the 500.
My friend uses the align trex500 as a substitution Canopy on logo 400.
Alan_Chow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 06:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
HF Support

OK - you asked for it (well 1 of you did ) - video of maiden flights (and smack of L400) - no 3D here we were just dialling out some tail and mixing probs - good vid of the dog and thanks Koden for managing to land the heli in the only puddle on the field !

Since those flights been working on the tail (bearing raced lever - Align T500 CF blades - JR8900G servo and Spartan 760) - have a feeling that a thrust raced tail and bearing rotor head levers gonna be necessary for 3D and maybe the metal swash - stock flybarred bird OK for learning and sport
Old 11-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
HF Support

Starting to get it dialled in - the JR8900G servo and Spartan certainly locked in the tail but have to look at some bounce back issues now. WIth a 17t pinion at 80% I clocked HS at 2120 which I feel is too low for this bird - she livens up and stabilises with the higher HS - I think 2300 would be good - may have to go up a pinion.

Certainly can be trimmed out to be very stable and has the potential to be lively - although the 500 parts (boom diameter - shaft diameter - flybar & paddles) give it an ugly duckling appearance I think this probably makes it a very durable heli and able to withstand those little scrapes while learning much better than the typical 450. I guess if it was someones first heli and they wanted ability to go berko later this would be a good start or else peeps who want an easy transportable flyaround for those lunchtime sessions ...]

PS - EVer wondered why QUeenslanders have banana trees in their backyards ? - so they can crash their helis into them when their tail servo link falls off 'cos they forgot to threadlock the ball on ... - not a scratch - just a little banana sap on the maion blades
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1030199.JPG
Views:	473
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	68754  
Old 11-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol well that tree likely saved alot of damage, gotta look at positive side of things.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:28 AM   #31 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
lol well that tree likely saved alot of damage, gotta look at positive side of things.
Embarassment saved me from posting pics of the L600 on top of a palm tree after I flipped the grips unintentionally and wondered why she shot up every time I cut the throttle stick lol

What sort of HS are you running ont he L400 Shawn ? - mine just starting to come to life at 2300 on some Align 425 blades - may be able to get the FDR on her tomorrow !
Old 11-16-2008, 05:52 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Embarassment saved me from posting pics of the L600 on top of a palm tree after I flipped the grips unintentionally and wondered why she shot up every time I cut the throttle stick lol

What sort of HS are you running ont he L400 Shawn ? - mine just starting to come to life at 2300 on some Align 425 blades - may be able to get the FDR on her tomorrow !

Have not had anyone around to tach it, I think somewhere between 2700-2800 though for sure. :o
Old 04-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Mercuriel

I was wondering if you have flown the Logo 400 some more.

Also I am considering getting the 400 with the v-bar and the Hacker motor set-all or nothing as soon as I get some money togeteher as it will cost here 1200 dollars Canadian
I am in no rush as nobody out there is giving us a bailout. hehe

Also how do you think it would be on a 4 cell setup with a 20t pnion as I have a few 4 cell packs around.

Thanks

Regards

Frank
Old 04-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #34 (permalink)
HF Support

Must confess that it's my least favourite Logo and it tends to get left behind in favour of the 600 ! Certainly the FBL version is the one to go for and if you're in no hurry then you could wait for V-Bar v4 or at least make sure you get the 'black' gyro version so you can use all the forthcoming features. On 4S you could certainly use it for sport flying but you'd hit the performance stops pretty quick I'd say.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Mercuriell

Thanks for your input.
Basically my intent is just for sport flying and not banging the sticks

Regards

Frank
Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello all, wanted share with you the problem that I had last Sunday my 80lv jive with my v-bar logo400.
my setup is:
logo400 v-bar
CCPM 9650
v-stabi 3.6
bls251
Jive 80 lv
hacker to-40 12s-8 pole
2500 25-50c lipo
75 % 20 t pinion governor
well then in full manoeuvre is me stop the engine and still not be because.
If any of you can guide me a little... thank you very much, I am lost with this problem.
you leave the video and yourselves what ye see.

http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=-3dIE0ibhQ0

Thank you for help.
txikarron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

mi logo 400 v-bar
hacker motor and 20t pinion
jive 80lv (75%)
9650 and bls251
v-stabi 3.6
425D blades
v-plus 2500 25-50c

logo 400 v-bar (5 min 12 sec)

thanks
txikarron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im excited to ditch my T500 and I ordered a Logo yesterday

A few easy questions:
-What headspeed would be best to run it at?
Im looking for around 2600-2800, would that be good for a flybar version?
1600kv motor with a 15/16t seems to be the best candidate.
-What parts are bushing supported?
-How is the stock plastic swash holding up? Any problems with the plastic balls?
Im going to be using an AR6100 in it- Any ESD hits on yours?

Thanks.
eggmcmuffinplz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where is the "final" video showing the RC installation and setup?

Really enjoyed the others

Thanks
pgleesonuk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 01:32 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone have this video of the RC setup?
pgleesonuk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in