Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Missed Frames problem.

Should i take notice of the missed frames window in the cp software , my values are allways 99 in the 1st block followed by a low number in the second block , my system works fine and all 3 sats allways light up solid, no matter how many times i bind the system and recconect to the software i get these values .
mak24seven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For grins I would replace some of those sat cables one at a time with another known good one and see if it changes anything. Do you get this while it is on the bench or in a field range test. The satellite could also be shadowed on the frame somehow. Also replace each satellite one at a time with a known good one and see if that changes anything. Mine are zeros on the bench.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mmmm! strange, the 3 sats and cables are all new, not sure how this missed frame thing works to be honest. all i no is when i hook up to the software i get those values in the box on the bench, i will try it with each sat unpluged and see how i go, just out of interest if i had just 1 sat pluged into the back of the unit and it gave a 0 0 0 in the value box then i pluged the othere 2 in and got a 99 4 0 would that mean 1 sat is better than 3 , not that i would fly with 1 but just wondered.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You might want to consider plugging each satellite one at a time in the back port of the TG to see if it is just one that is doing it. If that does not reveal missed frames, add one of the other sats to the next empty port and see if the issue surfaces. You might want to rebind as well.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info bud, i will give it a try tomorrow and let you no how i get on.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK guys bored of this now, just had an hour faffing and still no joy, i have unplugged them all and re binded all 3 sats into the back port of the total g all with the same effect on the missed frames windows 99 7 00 . I have allso tried different cables, the heli sats allways bind and all seems well away from the software,
Old 10-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you turning the radio off after each time you turn the heli off? If not you'll get 99 in the first parameter every time.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmtech View Post
Are you turning the radio off after each time you turn the heli off? If not you'll get 99 in the first parameter every time.
Hi, yes i am. Turn radio on, turn heli on, wait for g to initalise and hook up to softwear, hover pointer over the frame box (allthough as its connecting i can see the 99 value) and get this value, turn off softwear and heli and tx and try again with same results , One thing i have noticed today though witch is very odd, Tx on, heli switched on all sat lights solid as usuall, then hook up to total g softwear, as the unit connects to the total g the swash servos power down for a split second 1 or 2 times while it loads . Ok let me describe what i mean. All good, no sats flash and stay on constant, all the power lights are on green but the swash servos loose power and start to drop for a split second then power back up when its in the softwear and not connecting everything is fine, it can do this 1 or 2 times while connecting.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still no joy for my missed frames , 99 in the 1st box and if i leave it hooked up for 5 mins i get 8 in the second box. I have been flying like this since it was set up so i guess i will carry on .Just to make it clear i have tried 3 brand new sats in the back port with different cables as well.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you tried binding with only one satellite at a time? So take one satellite and one wire and install it in the back port. Leave all others alone and bind it like that. Then go ahead and check the missed frames. Obviously only the first box will be active but this way you can check an individual satellite and individual wire. Take notes then remove that satellite and wire and re-bind with a new satellite and wire in the back port and so forth. If after all that you still get a consistant 99 missed frames in the first box then you either have a radio problem or TotalG problem. Only way to pin it down at that point is to have a Spektrum flight logger and an extra receiver.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply bud, and without you in this side of the forum it would be a very quiet place my friend so hang in there with the total g and dont go over to the vbar forum lol , To answer the question yes, i have tried all three indivisual sats one at a time in the back still with the same results. I'll do a range test next time i get chance and take my chances. There's a lot of neg vibes floating around the total g forum and a lot of guys waiting for the new firmware, i cant help but think this unit needs new hardware and they can only go so far with the software so i expect a total g 2 to be on the cards , hope i am wrong cus i need a nother fbl unit for my trex 500 but not rushing into things at the mo.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated. I don't think there's any consistent hardware issues with the TotalG (no more than ANY piece of electronics anyway) but the firmware is much needed I agree.

Do you have access to one of these? http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM9540. Like I mentioned before, I really think the only 100% accurate way to determine if you have a radio issue or a TotalG issue is with one of those and a regular receiver. Shoot Brian an email at tech@curtisyoungblood.com and see what he has to say as well. Maybe he's got some more ideas for troubleshooting that I'm just not thinking of.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll look into the channels you suggested bud and see if i can get to the bottom of it To be honest these days i dont get to fly much and would rather fiddle than fly so i'm cool with all this updating tweaking stuff lol.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well just feel free to shout if you need help. Not sure how much more help I would be but none the less it's worth a shot, LOL.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mark24seven. You are not alone mate! I get exactly the same issue whenever I switch mine on. 99 in the first block, low number, then 00. Mine range checks OK, and I haven't noticed any issues in flight, but always 99 when checked.
chugga-bug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, i get exactly the same problem, 99 in the first box every time i connect it. My maiden of the env with totalg is this weekend....fingers crossed it's all going to be ok.
xenorg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

99's here as well.. Range checks fine but whenever hooked up for
Tweeking always get 99 and usually a low number in the second position and zero in the third...good luck to ya
929freak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 01:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just out of curiosity what radios are all you guys that are having the missed frames running?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bet a DX8. Mine is at Horizon right now.
EO19 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the same issue VBar ran into with HiRes mode and hence they went out with a bulletin to run low-res.

(I have replicated it on my TotalG I have)

You get 99 frames lost before you can say "hey I got a connection", I know why, transmission is screwed up.

It has to do with 2048 resolution, so DX8 users should switch to 22ms and if memory serves me right, the radio will bind in 22ms/1024 by default.
(but if it binds in 22ms/2048 it's equally bad, so it need to be confirmed)

Most of the time you only get 1 channel bad (one satellite), but sometimes you get both, and then it's really bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in