Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Gryphon Electronics

Gryphon Electronics Gryphon Electronics Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mini BEC "Polaris

After hear about fires with cc ice 50 I bought a mini BEC "Polaris, installed in my beam e4 , my setup is mks ds92a+ cyclic, ds 520 tail, kds bear, ar6100e rx. My servos have glitch two times causing crash, I did a test with multi meter to ck output voltage but meter lead slipped and shorted bec out. Trying to decide if I should try another one? To those who have used one how does it work in your? Are you using anything else on bec for noise? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using one in my trex 500efl pro for about 3 weeks now.
I'm using the align ds510m's on cyclic and a full size ds650 on the tail.

So far I have had no problems. And before I got my Polaris I done a lot of research and read nothing but good things.

What was causing your problems I really don't know... But I doubt it was the Polaris at fault.
rockyfosgate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had a thought, did you remember to disable the internal bec on your esc when fitting the gryphon?
rockyfosgate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hmmm

I have abused the crap out of mine, keep waiting for it to blow up. I hooked it up backwards once, ie put the lipo on the 6v side. 6S lipo too.. The White LED lit up and everything. You can;t tell which side is which once you cut the servo connector off. I have shorted it numerous times. Im not that carefull. It has never failed me. Output always measures 6.1 vdc. I can jam on the sticks and the voltage never changes. Not using anything for noise but have the BEC under the heli Rx tray and the Rx up on the boom. Perhaps you got a crap one. Or perhaps I have not used it enough.. only five or six flights.. if you can call them that.

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gryphons

I would suggest replacing at these Gryphon BECs are excellent.
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in