Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ACE GT5 Error Messages

Just wondering if someone has a list with error numbers and the meanings. My GT5 keeps coming up every once a while with those numbers - I believe not always the same - and it requires to power the unit off for an extended time before it boots up correctly again.

I've got three of those GT5s and this one is the only one with those weird errors during boot-up. Luckily it doesn't do that during flight - at least not yet

HeliDet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't seen this one myself, but have you tried emailing or calling TT America?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens View Post
I haven't seen this one myself, but have you tried emailing or calling TT America?
Haven't looked at that yet - since this GT5 is the old version and out of warranty I didn't want to send it in for repair anyway. Thought I get lucky posting here finding someone who could point me into the right direction...
Old 05-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDet View Post
Haven't looked at that yet - since this GT5 is the old version and out of warranty I didn't want to send it in for repair anyway. Thought I get lucky posting here finding someone who could point me into the right direction...
When i put GT5 on 450 heli and power it by Castle CCBEC 10amp. I dont know why but its usually get errors when power on (not exact your error) so i get CC BEC off and use ESC's BEC only, Since then it hasnt got any more error.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophuc View Post
When i put GT5 on 450 heli and power it by Castle CCBEC 10amp. I dont know why but its usually get errors when power on (not exact your error) so i get CC BEC off and use ESC's BEC only, Since then it hasnt got any more error.
That might be an idea, I have the CC 10A BEC on that heli (Trex 500) too. The other two GT5s that I got run with a CC BEC Pro with 20A on two FBL Gasser helis with no problem.

This one cycles through all inits during power-up and when it is supposed to come up with the status screen with bar graph it shows error numbers. Annoying is that a simple power recycle does not get rid of the failure, it has to sit for 5 minutes minimum (sometimes longer) without power.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today again, now with a new number 3158 - before was 3154. This happens after 7 flights with no issue. Battery #8 was obviously too much

Besides, just out of curiosity I emailed TT USA and their tech hasn't seen or can explain those errors. TT Germany so far doesn't answer emails. On their facebook page someone commented that they forwarded my question to someone - I assume some technical person. Will see next week I guess.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to make this thread complete:

I got an answer from TT Germany. Don't know if he is one of the GT5 programmers but he said that failure was put in for quality control purposes and indicates that one sensor at a certain temperature is drifting more than wanted. He also said it would not fail the gyro during flight only cause some little drifting that the pilot might not even notice. With proof of purchase they offered to exchange it in Germany (I guess he didn't realize that I am in the US).

So that means that this failure is only caused by internal components and not the fault of a ESC/BEC or connected servos.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

what you see is the gyro value coming from AD conversion. This must be between 1300 and 2500, otherwise you'll get this error message and the unit will not initialize, as it is assumed the gyro is defective.

As stated this can temporarily happen due to temperature drift or also maybe due to power supply issues.
Also the sensors vary a little bit in quality so maybe you did get one with a rather large offset which makes it somehow sensible to temperature. If you don't see any gyro drifting when the unit is operating correctly and if it is initializing correctly most of the time, I'd also say this is no issue.

regards from Germany

Stefan
Frenchdress is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchdress View Post
Hi,

what you see is the gyro value coming from AD conversion. This must be between 1300 and 2500, otherwise you'll get this error message and the unit will not initialize, as it is assumed the gyro is defective.

As stated this can temporarily happen due to temperature drift or also maybe due to power supply issues.
Also the sensors vary a little bit in quality so maybe you did get one with a rather large offset which makes it somehow sensible to temperature. If you don't see any gyro drifting when the unit is operating correctly and if it is initializing correctly most of the time, I'd also say this is no issue.

regards from Germany

Stefan
Hi Stefan,

I was messaging with Joerg Henneke on Facebook concerning this. After he explained it to me I assumed that those are no failure numbers and rather sensor readings. Anyway TT US offered me to exchange it since it is still under warranty - so its on its way now. Their tech had never seen those errors but was kind enough to take my explanation that I got from Joerg as reason for exchange. Lets see what they say after they looked at it...

I could actually care less as I do not notice any extreme drifting but if it happens that error normally stays and doesn't clear easily which leaves my heli then most times disabled for that day.

Gruss
Detlef
Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

End of story, I've got for my 12 month old GT5 a brand new GT5.1 as warranty replacement from Thunder Tiger USA. Can't beat that service:

Old 06-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one of the first gt5
And mine have frecuently the same messages that you said...
When that happens I turn the unit off for about one minute and then start working again..

This one goes better than the other one that you send back...
or is not noticiable in flight?
Lucasg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Lucas, I never noticed any strong drifting during flight that I would have blamed the gyro for. Maybe with the new one I get to see how it really should have worked.

Mine was sometimes able to reset if you let it sit for a few minutes and sometimes it was not booting correct all day. Joerg from TT Germany said it is temperature related as well, so that might have been the key.

Since I got a free GT5.1 now I couldn't be more happy. Since I don't use a RX on my 500 I like that the new one got the failsafe setting. The only other difference I know is that it supports DSMX satellites (don't need that). Last weekend I got only 2 1/2 batteries through it till my swashplate started to come apart - so hopefully I get a chance this weekend. But honestly the first 2 fights I didn't notice any difference - flew the same way as the old version with identical settings.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

thaks a lot for the reply..
Keep enjoy this great unit
Lucasg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in