Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Changed from 14SG to 18mz Banshee not happy

Hi guys,

Wondering if any one could maybe help me out here. My banshee has been flying flawless and decided to spoil my self to a 18mz so obviously i saved my BD3SX file setup the banshee on the new TX and off i go flying.

I found that the heli kept pulling up durring fast forward flight, strange I thought. Increased head gain from 70 to 80 out I go flying again. This time the pitch up is violent like a MASSIVE dolfin. Ok well decrease the head gain to 65% same thing.

There after I started fiddling with pgain and decay rate but the heli feels loose / uncontrollable in the air.

Could any one maybe send me a file to use so that i can try your settings? Strange thing, everything was fine on the 14SG...am I missing something? Is there another setting for the 18mz that i need to change?

Thanks in advance
wblombard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2015, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting William, I sold my 18 mz for the Jeti but before i did i had similar scary experience with my Banshee were i lost control of the heli at higher rpm. I attributed that to maybe a bad vbar sensor when i used to be a vbar user few years ago. I am not saying it is the 18 mz but kinda like had a flash back from that time. If i were you I would just start fresh by saving all the parameters that worked for you on the BD and start fresh programing with the new Tx.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abanihani View Post
Interesting William, I sold my 18 mz for the Jeti but before i did i had similar scary experience with my Banshee were i lost control of the heli at higher rpm. I attributed that to maybe a bad vbar sensor when i used to be a vbar user few years ago. I am not saying it is the 18 mz but kinda like had a flash back from that time. If i were you I would just start fresh by saving all the parameters that worked for you on the BD and start fresh programing with the new Tx.
Abanihani, thanks for the reply bud! Jip i had a serious couple of scares today. Rpm at 2100 doing a speed pass then into a cuban 8 as i pull down the heli just pitches up like 90degrees...if i was not that high i would have lost her. Strange because my settings are identical to my 14sg. So i started changing things but still no luck! I swear its got something to do with the 18mz because i had to change my TDR settings to.
Now to give you an idea, DS owner no 45 had identical settings to me, at tge time i was flying my 14SG and he was flying an 18mz.....his DS pitches and dolphins like mad, mine....solid solid no issues.
Im convinced that the issue is with the 18mz, not that its bad but there is some setting that needs to be changed.
Honestly it was supper supper crap flying my banshee today, total waste of batteries....thats how uncontrollable she is. Very weird
Old 04-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

By the way, its a freash model on the TX, i could not copy my 14sg file. Its only my rigid settings that i used from my 14sg
Old 04-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I went to a 14SG I had similar issues and it turned out that there was some default settings in the gov, pitch and throttle curves that I had to inhibit. I know you are talking about an 18MZ but may be worth looking at. Not sure why but I also had to readjust my gains (could be I am flying a little better and noticed it)
Old 04-12-2015, 07:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

As Smith mentioned it may be something as simple as inhibiting a few things. Although this is a different radio, the vid below gives an example of how the 8FG had some default settings that needed tweaking.

How to inhibit knobs from pitch and throttle trim with T8FG (1 min 51 sec)
Old 04-12-2015, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you guys!! Will have a look at the video and report back !!
Old 04-27-2015, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any fixes on your issue?
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in