Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRCgirl View Post
I have the real flight simulator 6.5 that I have been practicing on even though I don't have a heli I can fly with.

I think at this time (it could change tomorrow) I have decided on starting with the 300x. Mainly due to the fact that the parts are readily available and inexpensive too. I have been told that crashing a 450 compared to the 300 is almost double for cost repairs.

I figure when I get good enough that I am not crashing a lot I will move onto an Align 550 or Gaui X5.

I typically am not too concerned with price but I feel like I am going to be crashing A LOT when I first start flying. I would like to be able to go to the local hobby shop get the parts I need and be up and flying within a day or two.
You're on the right path.

Now get out there with your bad self

I would like to see you answer the few questions about where in Ohio you are too
McKrackin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKrackin View Post
You're on the right path.

Now get out there with your bad self

I would like to see you answer the few questions about where in Ohio you are too
What questions in ohio?
Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope that the OP keeps this thread updated with her progress -- all too often we discuss situations very similar to this, but seldom do we get to hear how they get on longer-term.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeloron View Post

The Blade 500 3D can be found very cheap right now and I have been very happy with it as well but I havent had it near as long. No issues yet but as I understand it also needs the Loctite mod for the bearing. So far this is my favorite heli.
Helidirect has the Align Trex 500e super combo for $391.

http://www.helidirect.com/align-t-re...14-p-23216.hdx

Don't worry about the plastic parts they're fine, you only need metal grips if you are running insane headspeeds and the plastic bearing blocks and tailcase are just fine in any case. (metal parts are available for these but I would just leave them original because they are cheaper to fix)

Later you can throw an RJX 500 head and Robird G31 on it and upgrade to FBL for around $150, or $130 if you get the RJX head from Hobbyking instead of a US vendor (I would recommend getting the G31 from Robird USA rather than an overseas seller for the customer support though)
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default term

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinSouthern View Post
I hope that the OP keeps this thread updated with her progress -- all too often we discuss situations very similar to this, but seldom do we get to hear how they get on longer-term.
I am sorry I don't know what OP means
Old 07-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry - lingo again!

OP = Original Poster - you in this case
Old 07-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Opinions

Quote:
I agree please let us know what you think of the heli.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What questions in ohio?
Your profile says you are in Ohio....

Lots of us are in Ohio....Where are you within the state of Ohio?

Not asking for your address but what city are you close to?
Maybe someone could meet you for some one on one help
Old 07-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wow

Well I feel stupid. LOL. should of figured that one out. LMAO. I can be such a blonde sometimes (no offense to any blondes out there) I will keep this updated. I have to get my job situation squared away before I get my 300x. We got notice of our jobs being eliminating at the end of this year. I have it almost squared up.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKrackin View Post
Your profile says you are in Ohio....

Lots of us are in Ohio....Where are you within the state of Ohio?

Not asking for your address but what city are you close to?
Maybe someone could meet you for some one on one help
O I have answered that a couple times I am out of Northeast Ohio.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I feel stupid. LOL. should of figured that one out. LMAO. I can be such a blonde sometimes (no offense to any blondes out there)
Ha - bet it's not as stupid as I feel when I've just screwed up and crashed a heli ... AGAIN!

PS: I was meaning to say too that - having not been into flying helicopters all that long myself (started late November last year), I think it's SUPERB that you can get personal assistance from folks at a club. I'm essentially self-taught, and I think folks must learn things 10 times as quickly when they can just ask / observe / absorb from others directly around them.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry...I must have missed it somewhere.

No help here in the Portsmouth/Piketon area.lol....Whole state away.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinSouthern View Post
Ha - bet it's not as stupid as I feel when I've just screwed up and crashed a heli ... AGAIN!

PS: I was meaning to say too that - having not been into flying helicopters all that long myself (started late November last year), I think it's SUPERB that you can get personal assistance from folks at a club. I'm essentially self-taught, and I think folks must learn things 10 times as quickly when they can just ask / observe / absorb from others directly around them.
I feel like I ask too many questions I bet I can be annoying at times. I am very intuitive and curious so I ask A LOT of questions....especially from Danny he is my go to for anything helis. He is a great guy.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
...especially from Danny he is my go to for anything helis. He is a great guy.
You could do worse
Old 07-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I feel like I ask too many questions I bet I can be annoying at times. I am very intuitive and curious so I ask A LOT of questions....especially from Danny he is my go to for anything helis. He is a great guy.
if you don't ask than you wont learn.. i asked 10000 questions when i started out. i think we all understand new people have no clue about allot of this stuff when they start out. so its not a big deal

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you ever need help, there are some locals in the western PA pittsburgh area that will help our as well.
Jester1911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To be honest, I think that to get any kind of traction at all in this hobby one NEEDS to ask LOTS of questions -- there's just SO much to learn (and often difficult to know where to start) (that's how it was for me anyway).

After a while things just start to drop into place (I guess it's because we start to get a bit of a foundation that we're then able to start building on).

You seem to have a great attitude. I think the keys are to ask lots of questions - have patience - understand that it's NOT easy (but it is worthwhile) (and you WILL have setbacks - lots of them) - and be prepared to have a think about answers & advice that you receive (you'll get a lot of good advice, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's good advice for you).

Having just said (all!) that though, one of the great things about HF (HeliFreak) is that there are lots of knowledgeable folk who are very happy to offer many different perspectives from their own experiences.

I think you'll do well. Plus - there aren't many women pilots, so the hopes and dreams of many rest with your thumbs. No pressure
Old 07-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Opinions

Never feel bad about asking questions. I find most heli pilots, myself included, not only don't mind answering questions but they actually enjoy it. I like when people come up to me to talk when I am at the field, even when I am flying, as long as they don't step past me. I decided to give my 300x another shot after reading all this. We will see how it goes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just my two cents- I purchased the MSR, then the MSRX and the MCPX. MSRX and MCPX arrived at the same time. I flew the MCPX and never flew the MSRX.

I wanted a larger heli but heard so many negative things about the blade 300. Read the posts then made my decision. For the price I figured I would try it and I could always pull the electronics off it if it was as bad as they say. Mine flies great ROTB. No frame stiffener but I'm not flying smack 3d either.

Couple weeks ago I decided to purchase something in between the MCPX and the 300x. Despite the negative posts I purchased the 130x. I have flown this heli much harder than the 300 and once again it flies great right out of the box.

I don't doubt that many of the folks who say stay away from this or stay away from that have great intentions and mean well. Just realize that not everyone has a bad experience with these heli's.

I have not had any major problems with any of the helis mentioned above and I have literally abused the MCPX. My first tail on the MCPX did blow out a couple times as I was just learning. I replaced it with a longer tail ($14.00) and practiced on the sim. Problem solved.

So my advice is get what you can afford, get what you can safely fly and practice. Whatever you get, you will outgrow it if you stick with the hobby. That's okay as you will remember your first heli fondly. If I had started with the X5 I feel I would not have progressed as quickly and may have gotten burnt out quickly or worse I could have hurt someone.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll also add that I really enjoy my 300X. I did put the Lynx frame stiffener on prior to flight one, but have not experienced any issues with it whatsoever.

It flies larger than it is for sure, and has a much lower intimidation factor IMO than even a 450. Not so little that you lose respect for it, but enough to let me try new things faster. My progression was Nano CPx, mCPX BL, 300X, 450 3D / 450 X.

mCPX was the warm-up for the 300X, now the 300X is the warm up for the 450's, etc... I personally find it nice to fly one size smaller than I plan to fly in a given day to get the thumbs tuned up. At some point, the 450 will surely be the warm-up for something larger.

Regardless, I think the OP is on the right track here, and if that 300X fails for any reason, it was worth all of the extra $10 over a new BeastX regardless...

I've since added more (Lynx slant gear, etc, etc...), but the only things I'd put on the truly must do list are the frame brace and a decent set of carbon blades.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in