Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3gx v2 instructions?

are there any written instructions for the 3gx v2, focused on the 450 pro? I was at the Austin Heli fly yesterday and am pumped to get this thing going after 5 months of distractions and upgrades. I hope there is more than the video.
positive charge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you pull up the program on your computer all the instructions are there once you open it up.I am running the stock 2.0 on my 450 and 550 right now. I have not a chance to tinker with anything else yet in the settings.
ctyankee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

sure looks complex with the lights and the settings, 1 light blinking times 2 in the video. thats why I wanted written instructions. I guess the manual for 1.0 is no good.
positive charge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay - this is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread; I opened up my 3GX and pulled out & inserted the CD. I installed the program and launched it. Immediately I get an error pop-up saying the program cannot launch due to such-and-such an issue.

Huh?

The USB driver did not install...nor can I do anything else (like read whatever help files may be avail) 'cuz the error message pops up every 5 seconds.

Grrrr.

So I thought perhaps it wanted the dongle inserted**

Evidently that was a good guess, 'cuz the error pop-up went away. BUT...

It has stalled again - refusing to link. My theory? it wants the 3GX unit to be energized with an external power source.**

** Before you tsk tsk, I'd like to say that the process should not be FULL of guesses! I should not be stymied instantly by an app because the app assumes the user is clairvoyant.

So am I right? Is it needing power? What voltage can I feed it? And is there a "proper" sequence for connecting USB & power? Please?
Ron~FordTech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 3GX unit needs to have power to it. I just an old receiver battery. 4.8 v if I remember on them.
ctyankee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron~FordTech View Post
Okay - this is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread; I opened up my 3GX and pulled out & inserted the CD. I installed the program and launched it. Immediately I get an error pop-up saying the program cannot launch due to such-and-such an issue.

Huh?

The USB driver did not install...nor can I do anything else (like read whatever help files may be avail) 'cuz the error message pops up every 5 seconds.

Grrrr.

So I thought perhaps it wanted the dongle inserted**

Evidently that was a good guess, 'cuz the error pop-up went away. BUT...

It has stalled again - refusing to link. My theory? it wants the 3GX unit to be energized with an external power source.**

** Before you tsk tsk, I'd like to say that the process should not be FULL of guesses! I should not be stymied instantly by an app because the app assumes the user is clairvoyant.

So am I right? Is it needing power? What voltage can I feed it? And is there a "proper" sequence for connecting USB & power? Please?
Everything needs to be hooked up, bound to the TX and powered. The instructions are long and drawn out but you must follow them. As for the FM settings that's a option at the field and using the PC for initial setup is easier. After that just make a cheet sheet for adjustments to be made without the PC in the field.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad007 View Post
Everything needs to be hooked up, bound to the TX and powered.
Oh man - really?! I can't even flash the FW on my desk with just USB conn & power?! Geez - that means I better load the SW into my laptop...'cuz I'm not keen to plunk the heli on my desk.

Last edited by Ron~FordTech; 04-15-2012 at 08:54 PM..
Ron~FordTech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron~FordTech View Post
Oh man - really?! I can't even flash the FW on my desk with just USB conn & power?! Geez - that means I better load the SW into my laptop...'cuz I'm not keen to plunk the heli on my desk.
I don't have a laptop, so I find it a bit of a bind too I use a fairly long USB extension lead so that I can place my heli on the floor some way away from my desk.

And, following up on an earlier post, I found the "instructions" less than intuitive. I eventually figured everything had to be powered up, and bound to the transmitter, before the PC program would work. Also, the different ways of getting to the different setup modes (hold button while powering up, and hold button for two seconds while powered) had me perplexed for a while. And even before that, there's the issue of the hookup diagram for a Futaba 617 receiver being incorrect ...

All-in-all, not very easy for a beginner to follow.
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenn View Post
I don't have a laptop, so I find it a bit of a bind too I use a fairly long USB extension lead so that I can place my heli on the floor some way away from my desk.

And, following up on an earlier post, I found the "instructions" less than intuitive. I eventually figured everything had to be powered up, and bound to the transmitter, before the PC program would work. Also, the different ways of getting to the different setup modes (hold button while powering up, and hold button for two seconds while powered) had me perplexed for a while. And even before that, there's the issue of the hookup diagram for a Futaba 617 receiver being incorrect ...

All-in-all, not very easy for a beginner to follow.
FM settings are defenitly easier linked to the PC. Being able to change settings with out the PC is nice though and a bonus. Print the instructions for reference.
It's realy easy, set your 8deg. in dir setup, setup the tail with the tail gain <50, red led and link up. for beginner, drop the flip and roll rate 10 points, raise the swash level speed 10 points. Set the limits with the cyclic in the corners, set the gain pots to 1:00 and then use your DRs and expo in the TX to tame it down and fly it.
As for the Futaba RX, the instructions are for illustration purpose only, the instructions that came with the RX need to be followed for proper hook up
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Hey! Bad007 its Pat again what do you mean about setting the limits with cyclic in the corner?

Thanks
Pat Guit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad007 View Post
FM settings are defenitly easier linked to the PC. Being able to change settings with out the PC is nice though and a bonus. Print the instructions for reference. ...
I did print the instructions, but they were difficult to follow

Now that I've figured out how it works, it's simple enough that I don't need instructions for the basics. I'm still going to need this forum's help though for which direction to go if I'm going to change any of the default numbers.
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Guit View Post
Hey! Bad007 its Pat again what do you mean about setting the limits with cyclic in the corner?

Thanks
Hold the cyclic stick full right or left at the same time full forward or backward. That's the corners and that's where I set my limits incremently till there's no binding. I think I ened up with 11 on my velocity
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenn View Post
I did print the instructions, but they were difficult to follow

Now that I've figured out how it works, it's simple enough that I don't need instructions for the basics. I'm still going to need this forum's help though for which direction to go if I'm going to change any of the default numbers.
Make a quick reference sheet for the far right hand column. The others are the one time setup items.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Any videos on setting up the 3GX with a Spektrum DX8?

(I'm not sure if I should start a separate thread for this)

Greetins Co-flyers. I'm the visual type. Are there any videos on setting up the 3GX v2.x, (not that I found any with v1.2), with a Spektrum DX8 out there like the user "NexGen" has courteously done for the Microbeast BeastX in the Microbeast Forum?

Those vids definitely got me going up in there in one weekend when I was converting to FBL on my T-REX 450 in two days.
I can't seem to find anything similar for a 3GX.

Originally, last year when I purchased my 1st big heli, I had a good friend setup my T-REX 600EFL with the 3GX v1.2 & now he is gone. So I'm ready to plunge in & do it myself like I did with my successfully flying T-REX 450 pro. Any advice would be appreciated in advance.
suzukii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukii View Post
(I'm not sure if I should start a separate thread for this)

Greetins Co-flyers. I'm the visual type. Are there any videos on setting up the 3GX v2.x, (not that I found any with v1.2), with a Spektrum DX8 out there like the user "NexGen" has courteously done for the Microbeast BeastX in the Microbeast Forum?

I've quoted myself, eh-eh... Nevermind. I found someone on youtube with a 3GX v2.0 setup video, Woohoo!!! It's that ALIGN! FOR VIDEO CLICK HERE.

Last edited by suzukii; 05-24-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukii View Post
I've quoted myself, eh-eh... Nevermind. I found someone on youtube with a 3GX v2.0 setup video, Woohoo!!! It's that ALIGN!
Do you have a link to that you can share?
Camss69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camss69 View Post
Do you have a link to that you can share?
Oops!!!! .

Here it is: CLICK HERE.

BTW, the video helped me only upto the point of where the Flight Modes are concerned. I'm stuck there. When trying to setup the AIL & ELEV role rates, nothing happens.

Supposedely to setup the role rates you have to enter Flight Modem Setup.
If I'm understanding this correctly you do this by holding the Transmitter's Rudder stick to the left or right while holding down the 3GX V2.0's button down for 1 second or so.
Nothing happens for me after entering this setup. What I get upon entering this mode is the State led flashing once with the 1st two led under it in a solid state & the 3rd led flashing. My Swashplate has hardy any movement.

Last edited by suzukii; 05-25-2012 at 09:17 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cant even get the down load file to open on my PC's lap or desk
MikeSmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSmith View Post
I cant even get the down load file to open on my PC's lap or desk

I hope you either have one of the decompression tools: WinZIP, WinRAR or 7-ZIP installed on your PC. If you do, then it smells like a corrupted download. Good Luck.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have that I guess that is it then thanks.
MikeSmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in