Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters > 250 Aftermarket Upgrades

250 Aftermarket Upgrades 250 Aftermarket Upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

If your tail control system is totaly slop free you could probably get away with the current weights as is. The only reason 0 pushrod force is not ideal is most tail control systems have some slop and having some pushrod force left loads the slop out on either side of zero pitch. As far as trimming the weights yourself, unless you have a milligram scale to match them with I would not suggest it. My weights are matched to within .002 gram both nuts and bolts to eliminate any possibility of vibration caused by the weights.
HEIM JOINT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Received and installed my pretensioner and chinese weight sets. The packaging and instructions that accompany the parts is very nicely done and would make installation very straightforward even if I hadn't watch the videos - I was impressed!

Although I'm sure the weights are doing their job, I am amazed at how well the pretensioners and GAUI bearings work. The only slop now is from the slider and ball links; overall play in the system has been dramatically reduced (ZERO in the grips).

As a side note, my Align driver was too imprecise to take out the grip screws, even with heat; coincidently the M5 Torx worked great taking out the original Align screws - at least, it worked for me.

Thank-you for offering this product/service!
rotary65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed the chinese weights and preload bearing spacing upgrade. I also followed the video in making sure all the bushings were not binding and free moving. Well my tail hunting/wagging is gone, but my heli now just spins on the ground. I advanced gyro gain to about 50 with no change. Any suggestions on where to look next? Servo, gyro?Thanks.
rightflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightflyer View Post
I installed the chinese weights and preload bearing spacing upgrade. I also followed the video in making sure all the bushings were not binding and free moving. Well my tail hunting/wagging is gone, but my heli now just spins on the ground. I advanced gyro gain to about 50 with no change. Any suggestions on where to look next? Servo, gyro?Thanks.

Typically you should reverse the correction direction in the gyro (servo direction). This should not affect your user-input direction. it is the correction direction that is backwards, perpetuating a continuous yaw because the gyro is giving the servo backwards direction and of course unable to satisfy a 0 yaw so it just keeps it jammed to one side.
Thrashaero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought about that, but it is funny because I was able to do hover before the upgrade. So that told me it seemed to be set correctly but what do I have to use. I am glad my other 3 helis were not this much of a problem to get flying.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightflyer View Post

Sound like to me you have put your tail blade holders on back to front, it should be leading edge control. I bet you have them trailing edge, Been there done that, got the head ache to prove it :-)

TBS Discovery FPV
dna001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good suggestion. That makes tons of sense since it was flying normally before I took the tail apart. I will check it out. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got done redoing the tail and it is back to hovering. However, the small tail wag is impossible to shake. Even down all the way down to 20 gain, it has a small left-to-right wag even with the chinese weights.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even the newest updated tail grips, the ones with the large weighted ends, do not perform as well HJ's weights with the original grips.
johnnychimpo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did some more work on the tail and spent a lot time adjsuting the gyro gain slowly and it is hovering with very little hunting. However if I go to fly forward flight it does some hunting. Still it was the best flying I have had with it.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Guys

Is there a web page or somewhere to buy these spacers and weights from?

Does anyone have a picture or two of what you get in the kit? Unfortunatley i dont have acces to you tube to watch the videos (its blocked on my works network)

Thanks in advance
Ben

Ben
Borneoben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Send me a PM and I will give you all the purchase info.

Thanks, HEIM JOINT
HEIM JOINT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 08:07 AM   #173 (permalink)

My HF Map location

PM sent - cant wait to try em out!
daniel.messem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I need some advice please!

Okay I'm new to the 250 class heli's comming from a great holding 450 that has a JR770 w/ 3500G. So I bought the 250SE super combo and built it watching finless videos and so far my tail is holding fairly well at a gear/gyro endpoint of 28 which equals about 19.44 True Gain. But I've only flow it in 5+ MPH Winds and every now and then the tail will slightly wag back and forth maybe 1/4" left/right a couple times. This little heli keeps me on my toes giving me the noob feelings that I haven't had in a while so I really haven't pushed it that far yet. But I've done a few 15' tail slides and it felt like the tail held.

Also mine will piro really really really wicked fast but when I let go of the rudder stick it stops rock solid. I'm using the correct inside hole on the servo wheel, rudder endpoints of 150 on my DX7, I did the gyro travel limit thing like finless did in the tail setup video, and I have no delay set in the gyro. I need to get the piros on video because its FAST! I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not.

I'm running the KBDD tail blades but when I grab the blades there is a slight about of slop left/right with the tail servo not moving. How much of problem is that? Is that normal or should I try to get it out? Will the metal Align Metal Tail Rotor Control Arm Set H25092 solve that or make the tail better? If anything I wish I could get the "Bearing Holder" (25T009) in metal since it appears that where the slop is comming from. I'm talking about the plasitc ball unit that the arm goes to that slides the tail shaft.
HugoCraft is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

the align metal rotor control arm you linked doesn't do you any good. it has slop in it and binds as well, if not worse than the original plastic arm. the problem is the hole of the arm vs. the bushing that it's supposed to ride on. there's slop there, and of course when torquing something like that causes it to tilt vs. the bushing, introducing bind.
it also does not have a smaller hole for the ball link on the slider (so it could have less slop).

so i found that align metal one to be useless. i changed it out for a microheli bellcrank arm that has a bracket that goes over top of the slider that it supposed to work with. since that microheli slider has a post on the top to be used with the bracket guides for 2-point control of the slider (so it binds less in the case the bushing in the slider gets worn on the tail shaft.)

it really cleaned up the performance of my tail, due to a lot less slop, primarily in that ball link where the slider ball sits into. also, instead of bushings on the bell crank pivot point, it uses 2 bearings which works much nicer.
though, the downside to the microheli parts...some modification necessary to that upper bracket guide (so the post on top of the slider moves freely when it tilts back and forth depending on it's position along the tailshaft).
just look up threads on that microheli parts and you'll see a thread where i explain in more detail about how to get it modified.

the other downside is that there are consumable parts that can't be readily replaced, such as the bushing in the slider (that slides on tailshaft)...it's flared instead of screwed in place.
also, the plastic cup on the end of the bell crank that drives the slider ball tends to wear out and i'm not sure where to get another cup.
until i can get another cup, my tail performance has degraded a bit due to the slop from the worn out cup. it could've been my fault since i put graphite as lube in there and it probably did more harm than good.

however, at first you'll notice a real difference and it still works better than the align metal crank/plastic slider...even when it's worn out.
Thrashaero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heim Joint: You should do a little advertising over in T-Rex 500 Aftermarket Upgrades:
https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155
jacobmarble is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Rob,
I got the ordered parts yesterday. They look very promising .
I will try them out, as soon I get the bearings.

Thanks for the fast dispatch.

Dirk
www.3digi.de
DirkS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIM JOINT View Post
Send me a PM and I will give you all the purchase info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIM JOINT View Post

Thanks, HEIM JOINT

Heim,

I would like to see what the purchase price for this kit is, but just joined this forum today. I need to post at least 5 posts before I can PM!

I'd hate to spam other threads just to meet this requirement, but could you PM me the price quote on the Chinese Mod and the spacers?

Sorry for any inconvenience.
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 250 and 500 Aftermarket Upgrades

HEIM JOINT

I have less that 5 posts and it won't let me PM you. Can you PM me please?

Gary
ve1ahm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve1ahm View Post
HEIM JOINT

I have less that 5 posts and it won't let me PM you. Can you PM me please?

Gary
You can email Heim @ robrenz@frontiernet.net
That's the easiest way to get in touch with him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in