Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Everything works GREAT!!!!! .....except....

Ok, so this is probably going to either get "rolling eyes" reaction from some or complete look of being baffled. I accidentally erased my SIM profile on my DX7, which was working beautifully. So, I had to set everything up from scratch. Everything is working GREAT! Throttle up, my radio throttle curves, dual rates, EVERYTHING!

Then, I switch to a fixed wing and I notice that my aileron and rudder are reversed! I can switch them either on Phoenix or on the radio, but then when I switch back to my helis, I have to switch them back! I don't recall having to do this before my faux pas. I've also checked the model set up and I don't see where I can adjust servo direction... travel, yes, but not direction.

Small problem really. I rarely fly fixed wings (only when my brain isn't fully there and I need something easier to fly )

Any thoughts????
polarisflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setting up Dx7 with Phoenix

Hi All,

I know this question has been asked a lot of times on this thread but their are like 13 pages to go through so I am asking the experts again.

Now My first questions is how many channels do you see in phoenix when you connect your Dx7 as i see only 4 moving bars (THR, AIL, ELE, RUD) now while assigning these channels in phoenix I have to assign Throttle and Collective the same channel which makes it work perfect in normal flying mode, however when I hit throttle hold it makes the the heli just crash down as it brings full negetive pitch and zero throttle, Not sure what to do in this case

All transmitter curves (throttle and Pitch) are linear

Thanks
hellyflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #123 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Collective and throttle should be different channels. Go into the transmitter setup in Phoenix and make sure channel 6 is assigned to collective pitch.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI Alan,
I am currently in Phoennix, sitting with the Tx connected now channel 6 is coming up as rudder
Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #125 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyflyer View Post
HI Alan,
I am currently in Phoennix, sitting with the Tx connected now channel 6 is coming up as rudder
Are you using the DX7 transmitter profile in Phoenix?
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, I am going nutz! I just got Phoenix today. I've gone through the setup as described in the first post, both in the sim and in the transmitter (DX7). I'm using the DX7 profile in the sim too. Everything calibrated fine. Here's my dillema.

I have a generic heli programed in the transmitter with Norm, ST1, ST2 in the pitch and throttle curves. When I look at the callibration screen in the sim, all the controls work as they should (V curves on throttle). However, when I fly the model in the sim, full positive pitch is correct, but negative pitch goes positive also. I cant do any inverted stuff at all... It's driving me crazy...

I can't get throttle hold to work at all.

Thanks!
Tim H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I think I figured it out. Quite by accident too... I deleted the transmitter "profile" that I had set up. Then, went in and selected a "new" DX7 transmitter. Works like a charm now!

So far, I love this sim! I have both Realflight G5.5 and AFPD and it seems so far that the physics for the helis are much closer to how they feel in real life.

Cheers!
Tim H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the guide, followed your steps and had no problems
toonttm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX 7 setup with phoenix

Hi Alan,

Yes I am using the DX7 profile in the transmitter, but I don't get channel 6 as collective I get that as the rudder control,

I too am facing the similar problem as mentioned by TIm H as the Throttle and pitch curve are on the same channel phoenix makes the model react only to the throttle curve which is 100% in ST1 making the heli go in positive pitch on ST1 and ST2, it's driving me nuts

First of all please answer this

How many bars do you see moving when you are in the calibration menu as I see only 4 if you see more bars moving then I know what's the issue with mine.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #130 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Open up the profile you're using and verify that the channel assignments are correct. An untainted DX7 profile should have throttle and collective assigned to different channels.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 08-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having a problem with my sim and my macbook Pro, I am running VMware and windows 7 and after I installed the sim its just opening up black and then stops responding everytime, anytime how I can fix this, I get no graphics and no screen anything. Thanks for you help.
Andrews421 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
Check the channel assignments for your transmitter in "Your controls". Make sure they match what the transmitter uses.

Also, regarding calibration, make sure you always start with the channels centered and with a linear response. Non-linear curves in your transmitter will mess it up. If you have unused models in your transmitter, consider devoting one model to sim calibration.
I am having trouble calibrating. I have set up a Tx model just for this with linear trhottle and pitch curves, 100% travel etc.

When I calibrate with this model and finish/saves, and then switch to tamed down/beginners trhottle and pitch curves model (the ones John Salt recommend on his excellent site), the sim heli behaves strange: not starting to get light on the skids before 3/4 stick and barely lifts at full stick . Cyclic inputs are Ok, if quite a bit dull.

In real life the heli flyes fine with these beginner values, starting to lift at half stick and rises fine with more stick.

If I calibrate with the tamed down version in the Tx behaviour seems more normal, but the heli is significant harder to fly on the sim (more squirrely) than the in real life.

I am flying a Blade 450.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong, thanks?

Thanks for helping me ;-)
Like2fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkajeep34 View Post
Thanks! This is exactly what i came here looking for.

subscribing since my question was exactly what the menu locations for TC/PC are.
+1
Kasama Srimok 90N with cyber head
ozsteel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys, I need help. I read through the first 5 pages and am so overwhelmed with everything else I've been reading up on (swash leveling, radio setup, build videos, etc.) that I really just want to get my sim set up and do some cyber-flying. I have a Futaba 10cg that I'm trying to use with my T-Rex 450 Pro and Sport. When I go through the calibration my sticks setup fine, but when it asks me to pick my Tx I select Custom and then the 10c. I exit the calibration and go to my model and nothing. Zip, zero, nada. The model spins down and just sits there. If I go back to cal and pick "My Tx is not listed" and finish the cal my throttle is reversed and my sticks move diagonally instead of up/down, left/right. If I wasn't already bald I'd tear my hair out! Any ideas?
Miami Son is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #135 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Son View Post
Guys, I need help. I read through the first 5 pages and am so overwhelmed with everything else I've been reading up on (swash leveling, radio setup, build videos, etc.) that I really just want to get my sim set up and do some cyber-flying. I have a Futaba 10cg that I'm trying to use with my T-Rex 450 Pro and Sport. When I go through the calibration my sticks setup fine, but when it asks me to pick my Tx I select Custom and then the 10c. I exit the calibration and go to my model and nothing. Zip, zero, nada. The model spins down and just sits there. If I go back to cal and pick "My Tx is not listed" and finish the cal my throttle is reversed and my sticks move diagonally instead of up/down, left/right. If I wasn't already bald I'd tear my hair out! Any ideas?
Are you using a dedicated model in the transmitter? If so, you have two choices: either you can reverse the channels in the transmitter or you can reverse them in the sim by editing the current transmitter profile (the one created for you when you selected the "My TX is not listed" option). If not, you probably only have the sim channel reversal option.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 09-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a blank slot just for the sim. Any idea why selecting the proper radio would cause the sim to go dead even though it shows the sticks moving in the cal?

Oh, and ERR! is blinking on the controller screen, if that matters.

Last edited by Miami Son; 09-07-2011 at 04:40 PM..
Miami Son is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was hoping that somebody in this thread would be able to help me out a little. I have a dx6i and it has been calibrated (multiple times), throttle is channel 1 and collective is channel 6. The issue I seem tobe having is that the heli will only begin to hover at approx 3/4 stick, when I watch the bars in control setup and go to full throttle the collective will only go up to 3/4. Is this a radio issue or a sim issue ?

thanks in advance
Galvanic Panic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have read some about the different views, zoom, etc. That is the one thing that really disorients me in Phoenix, the view seems wrong.

What is the optimal setup that everyone is using?
blackmagic08 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm having a bit of an issue with Phoenix and my DX7. Phoenix only sees four channels, not six. What could be the issue? I'd like to do all of the curve setup on the radio so I can use the throttle hold and flight mode switches.

Thanks!
Zangetsu57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #140 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu57 View Post
I'm having a bit of an issue with Phoenix and my DX7. Phoenix only sees four channels, not six. What could be the issue? I'd like to do all of the curve setup on the radio so I can use the throttle hold and flight mode switches.

Thanks!
Did you start with a fresh (reset) model in the TX set to a swash type of "1 SERVO"? If so, you should see at least 5: throttle, elevator, aileron, rudder, and collective pitch. The throttle and collective channels will move together when you move the collective stick. You may need to go into the device setup for the model to assign switches to the other channels.
Graupner MZ-32

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in