Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Reflex Flight Sim

Reflex Flight Sim Reflex Simulator Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default anyone still using 5.02?

i've just started using my reflex 5.02 again after being in the cabinet for many years...
i was just wondering if anyone still uses this sim... and if so, would you have the 5.03 update please?
i can't find it online.
there's the 5.3 update but i need 5.2 or something first before i can use it.

please help if you have the update.

thanks
muscleflex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to say but to upgrade to the latest and greatest you'll have to get a new dongle.

OMG!!! It's plastic. What was I thinking! :-)
freakinnovice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

new dongle is for 5.05 i believe. i just want to take mine to the last update but i can't do it coz i'ts asking for 5.021 or something which i do not have nor can find online.
stupid a$$ support is so crap on this no wonder people like phoenix better :-( (sorry for that )
Old 08-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

when you say latest and greatest, do you mean the latest reflex is better than phoenix?
coz i was planning on getting phoenix next but if reflex is on top again, i wouldn't mind spending my money on them again...
Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i take it back
i managed to update my sim to 5.03 which is the last update i think unless i change my dongle. i got the updates from mrc website. i just need to get more models
Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've haven't heard many reflex vs phoenix comparisons, but I'm pretty sure phoenix is better because they seem to have more of the newer heli.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

you know one thing I don't understand, is if phoenix is so good, what are all these phoenix simulator lovers doing in a Reflex thread? If it so good stay in phoenix, no return, but obviously there must be something that drives these people back here. Either one is a clever marketing scheme these people work for pheonix, oh yeah we know who you are. or pheonix needs as much people as they can get or these people just hovering every simulator thread praising how good phoenix is. wtf???get a life, get over it. It's funny I see Clearview programmers and workers in this forum, but I have never seen then try to win people over by praising how good their product is. They are here only to help those who needs help with Clearview. Your doing good Stefan, Keep up the good work at Clearview.
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkera4g3 View Post
you know one thing I don't understand, is if phoenix is so good, what are all these phoenix simulator lovers doing in a Reflex thread? If it so good stay in phoenix, no return, but obviously there must be something that drives these people back here. Either one is a clever marketing scheme these people work for pheonix, oh yeah we know who you are. or pheonix needs as much people as they can get or these people just hovering every simulator thread praising how good phoenix is. wtf???get a life, get over it. It's funny I see Clearview programmers and workers in this forum, but I have never seen then try to win people over by praising how good their product is. They are here only to help those who needs help with Clearview. Your doing good Stefan, Keep up the good work at Clearview.
I wish I got paid for writing good reviews about anything heli related, but unfortunately I'm just a customer. I don't and have never owned phoenix, but I have given it a test drive after I got reflex. And as far as getting a life goes, I'm currently living in a hotel room so for the moment HF is my life. WTF is right, if you can't take reading some constructive criticism about this software then just block my post. It won't bother me a bit.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

well tell me how silly this would look. i go to the phoenix thread, I tell them how great the reflex, realflight, and clearview simulators are. Just constructive criticism. What is so constructive about that?? Seriously.
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just for others who need it,

Upgrade 5.01, 5.02, 5.03
http://www.modelrec.com/rc-products/...-downloads.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkera4g3 View Post
you know one thing I don't understand, is if phoenix is so good, what are all these phoenix simulator lovers doing in a Reflex thread?
Try to keep my post, my stuff in a Reflex thread, and sometimes one is not enough.
Maybe someday you need my stuff at Phoenix thread too.

Regards.
devindh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

...deleted
devindh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sold my G3.5 sim and bought Reflex XTR. I hated XTR at first and wanted RF back but since I figured out how to get the radio correctly setup the only thing I miss is all the models.
Tubeheadz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i downloaded the demo for phoenix and tho i can't fly it.... the demo makes the helis look kinda not as good as reflex in terms of movement... hence i would love to try phoenix first before deciding whether i should upgrade to it or just stick with reflex
Old 10-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Comparison

I still think Reflex is the best in terms of real world feel, Graphics etc but alas Reflex is no longer made or supported. Accept the updates as above
It wont install on Vista or I guess Win 7 but you can still make it work by first installing and updating thru an XP machine then copy all files to a CD or stick and copy to the Vista PC it does work.

I was able to pick up a cheap pirate ??? copy of ebay complete with a different dongle and cables which works perfectly$25 or $45 I thinK I guess reflex no longer care about prirate copys of the Software or dongle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in