Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default YGE 90 HV

Hi guys/gals

I'm looking at speccing up a Fusion 50FBL on 12S, running a Scorpy 4025-550. I can't quite stomach a Kontronic, and can't quite put my faith in a Castle at the moment.

So, I hear little snippets of info regarding YGE ESC's. The most I can glean is that they are quality with governors to match Kontronic (heard that it was ex Kontronic employees who started YGE!).

I'm specifically looking at the YGE 90 HV, being opto is no concern as I'll be running a Rx pack. Does anyone have direct experience of running one of these- build quality, performance, ease of programming, longevity?

Cheers
Steve

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

would be interested too. I have not seen them in real yet. However my questions would be more related to temp/cooling protection of the electronics in the unit, BEC....
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Edit
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Who are CYE?

The YGE 90HV is opto, ie no BEC (dont know about their other ESC's but yes, component specs, FET specs, operating temps etc would be good to know.

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am a big YGE proponent! way better than cc, no comparison really, same league as kontronics, BUT without bec, so if you want built in bec and a red box then kontronic, if you want different power system like me, i run direct 2s lipo with hv servos on my 90E,) then Yge is the only choice!

i am running 4035-500kv at 2050 hs with edge 713 fbl blades, 14 collective and 11 cyclic, i pull a lot of amps! motor comes down very hot, YGE comes down cold, packs comes down cold (turningy 30C 12s 4000)

it is programmed via a prog card in less than 5 minutes, the Gov store feature is stupid simple, just make your flat curve in the tx and the gov will maintain that headspeed!

for more info and setup contact pete@elektrorc.com
Old 04-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas View Post
i am a big YGE proponent! way better than cc, no comparison really, same league as kontronics, BUT without bec, so if you want built in bec and a red box then kontronic, if you want different power system like me, i run direct 2s lipo with hv servos on my 90E,) then Yge is the only choice!

i am running 4035-500kv at 2050 hs with edge 713 fbl blades, 14 collective and 11 cyclic, i pull a lot of amps! motor comes down very hot, YGE comes down cold, packs comes down cold (turningy 30C 12s 4000)

it is programmed via a prog card in less than 5 minutes, the Gov store feature is stupid simple, just make your flat curve in the tx and the gov will maintain that headspeed!

for more info and setup contact pete@elektrorc.com
Thank you for your input

Not worried about a BEC, and don't want to pay for a Kontronik only not to use it!

Easy programming's a bonus- patience runs thin quickly with my ICE controller!

Sounds like an awesome bit of kit, and cheers for the contact email.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

you sir are welcome! feel free to pm me if you run into setup issues

oh just realized your are in England, so you can get it from YGE direct! Pete tells me their customer service is second to none....
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the YGE. Some say the govoner is as good as Kontronik, but there are lots of reports from people who have both and actually like the YGE better. Indeed former Kontronik people so this could be a better gov. Govoner store is great. You calibrate your heli without blades and with the most powerfull lipo by running 100% throttle for a view seconds. Than its calibrated and every lipo gives exact the same rpm regardless of the quality of the lipo!

It doesnt shutdown like the kontronik. It will let you know something is wrong by changing the rpm to 75% of input. If you continiue or the problem gets critical only than it will shut down.

Programming is great but be sure to get the prog card.

Mine doesn't get warm at all on a Outrage 550 with a wd hercules 10a 16a bec.

No other for me...
Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

most of my ESC's are YGE and I love them!
and the governor is great as well.
really good quality!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fantastic. Cheers guys. Reckon I'm pretty much sold!

I take it you can set different governed values for each flight mode?

Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
I love the YGE. Some say the govoner is as good as Kontronik, but there are lots of reports from people who have both and actually like the YGE better. Indeed former Kontronik people so this could be a better gov. Govoner store is great. You calibrate your heli without blades and with the most powerfull lipo by running 100% throttle for a view seconds. Than its calibrated and every lipo gives exact the same rpm regardless of the quality of the lipo!

It doesnt shutdown like the kontronik. It will let you know something is wrong by changing the rpm to 75% of input. If you continiue or the problem gets critical only than it will shut down.

Programming is great but be sure to get the prog card.

Mine doesn't get warm at all on a Outrage 550 with a wd hercules 10a 16a bec.

No other for me...
I thought that the calibration should be done with the less powerfull battery instead the most powerfull !!!!!!!
Are you sure?
Vortex VX1N
jacquesjb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesjb View Post
I thought that the calibration should be done with the less powerfull battery instead the most powerfull !!!!!!!
Are you sure?
Yeah you should do it with the weakest battery and your blades attached. Else it will speed up way to much and 100% will be a headspeed that cant be reached in normal flight (not that you would need that)
I calibrated my protos with YGE60 by just hovering it shortly at 100% throttle.
The nice thing is that if you tacho a certain percentage you can just recalculate all other headspeeds from there.
By the way you dont have to calibrate it at 100%. If you know you would never go over a certain percentage throttle you can calibrate it at that throttle percentage. But if you do go over that % then the governor wont work.
DannyvG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by djamgils View Post
Yeah you should do it with the weakest battery and your blades attached. Else it will speed up way to much and 100% will be a headspeed that cant be reached in normal flight (not that you would need that)
I calibrated my protos with YGE60 by just hovering it shortly at 100% throttle.
The nice thing is that if you tacho a certain percentage you can just recalculate all other headspeeds from there.
By the way you dont have to calibrate it at 100%. If you know you would never go over a certain percentage throttle you can calibrate it at that throttle percentage. But if you do go over that % then the governor wont work.

Actually it was suggested to do the YGE gov store setup with strongest battery no blades...and this really has been awesome for me. I can use 40c or 20c packs and they all work great. The Kontronic mode 11 does their setup with the weakest pack. The reason you want to do your Gov store setup with best pack is because you want to set the MAX HS that it can achieve. Then regardless the pack you use it will get the best performance out of it. Now on a side note you could do it the other way for most consistency which might not be bad but from what i have seen i perfer doing it with the best pack because it allows me to get the best performance regardless the pack. I know on my Jives i can barely run a 20C pack as it will not hold a good headspeed through the flight where as the YGE Gov store does a much better job to the point i barely notice the difference between my 20c and 30c packs.

FYI, I highly recommend YGE, i've tried alot of ESC's and have been literally burnt by them. i currently only own YGE and Kontronic ESC's. Its hard to beat good German quality sometimes. Also i love the gov store on the YGE but have heard that the YGE will also work with the vbar's gov should you go that route!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
Actually it was suggested to do the YGE gov store setup with strongest battery no blades...and this really has been awesome for me. I can use 40c or 20c packs and they all work great. The Kontronic mode 11 does their setup with the weakest pack. The reason you want to do your Gov store setup with best pack is because you want to set the MAX HS that it can achieve. Then regardless the pack you use it will get the best performance out of it. Now on a side note you could do it the other way for most consistency which might not be bad but from what i have seen i perfer doing it with the best pack because it allows me to get the best performance regardless the pack. I know on my Jives i can barely run a 20C pack as it will not hold a good headspeed through the flight where as the YGE Gov store does a much better job to the point i barely notice the difference between my 20c and 30c packs.

FYI, I highly recommend YGE, i've tried alot of ESC's and have been literally burnt by them. i currently only own YGE and Kontronic ESC's. Its hard to beat good German quality sometimes. Also i love the gov store on the YGE but have heard that the YGE will also work with the vbar's gov should you go that route!
Is better to calibrate at 100% throttle or at 80% ?
Vortex VX1N
Old 04-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am still trying to find out where to by it in the US since espritmodel.com does not seem to have any on stock for some time. So where do you buy it in real?
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
I am still trying to find out where to by it in the US since espritmodel.com does not seem to have any on stock for some time. So where do you buy it in real?
I bought mine from : ElektroRc, very good seller
http://elektrorc.com/index.php?cPath...0e607d8db7cb31
Vortex VX1N
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I bought mine from : ElektroRc, very good seller
http://elektrorc.com/index.php?cPath...0e607d8db7cb31
It is always better to calibrate it at 100% throttle. You then want to set your ID1 and ID2 to 80% flat for ID1 and maybe 88% for ID2 that is usually what i do. If you find that 80% is too high a HS just drop the pinon by 1 tooth. You will not need to redo the gov store or anything. Best motor efficiency is above 85%.

Pete at ElektroRc is a great guy, if he doesn't have it in stock just call him or email him and he will get one. He is awesome and really done more than any other reseller i have ever seen with regards to support. I must have asked him at least 1000 stupid questions since October and he always got back to me quickly and with an answer. All around great guy!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
It is always better to calibrate it at 100% throttle. You then want to set your ID1 and ID2 to 80% flat for ID1 and maybe 88% for ID2 that is usually what i do. If you find that 80% is too high a HS just drop the pinon by 1 tooth. You will not need to redo the gov store or anything. Best motor efficiency is above 85%.

Pete at ElektroRc is a great guy, if he doesn't have it in stock just call him or email him and he will get one. He is awesome and really done more than any other reseller i have ever seen with regards to support. I must have asked him at least 1000 stupid questions since October and he always got back to me quickly and with an answer. All around great guy!
With my actual gearing, I set my St1 and St2 to 80% to have 2150 head speed.
How do you set your NORMAL throttle curve? 80% Flat or 0-80-80-80-80
Vortex VX1N
Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
With my actual gearing, I set my St1 and St2 to 80% to have 2150 head speed.
How do you set your NORMAL throttle curve? 80% Flat or 0-80-80-80-80
Normal i start at zero and ramp up so that mid stick is 75 to full stick 75 so for a 5 point Throttle curve i do 0--35--75--75-75....but even then i usually take off from mid stick using throttle hold.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankey View Post
Fantastic. Cheers guys. Reckon I'm pretty much sold!

I take it you can set different governed values for each flight mode?
Hi Lankey,

Did you end up getting one of these esc's? I am looking at buying one myself. How are you finding it? Did you find anywhere to buy from in the UK, i've looked everywhere and can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks,

Rich
richyrich911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in