Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 Thanks Ron, I thought I had adjusted my D-R and that was all I could do but the T-A really got me flying and it's great. Bob
AMA #1059627
BobK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

To be sure I changed the settings to using DR+expo. Outside I can fly it with both settings but with the DR settings I only can hoover it with a lot of crashes and for a very short time indoors.. With the TA settings it is much more easy. So I will reverse it to the TA settings.
pa4tim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzzaudae View Post

This setup will give you quite a tame helicopter so you can begin learning to fly in normal mode in doors!

These settings calm the helicopter down considerably. The helicopter will not react anywhere near as violently to input, but will still respond reasonably crisp. I find when using a lot of expo with very tame settings, I'm lagging behind the helicopter. A small amount of expo on Aileron and Elevator 10 is nice, you don't want to be chasing the helicopter around with the stick, you want the helicopter to move when you tell it to move!

I have also addressed the issue of overly sensitive collective. By reducing the pitch endpoints in the travel adjust menu.

The Pitch curve provided will make the helicopter not only flyable in the house but outside the helicopter will have plenty of power to handle a light breeze.

But newcomers should keep it indoors or outdoors only in zero wind conditions.

As it bothered a lot of guys that my MCPX for newbies had no negative pitch I have used a more conventional pitch curve including a little negative pitch so when you do get outside it's available and you will be used to the collective!

Get in the habit of using the throttle hold switch to kill the motor when the helicopter gets away on you rather than chopping the throttle!

DX6i Radio settings for much tamer MCPX

Model Type Helicopter

Reverse Menu

THRO-N
AILE-N
ELEV-N
RUDD-N
GYRO-N
PITCH-R

Swash Type 1 servo 90

Timer 4:30

Normal Mode all switches in 0 position.

DR/EXPO

AILE 0 100 Expo 10
ELEV 0 100 Expo 10
RUDD 0 100 INN

Normal Mode all switches in 1 position.

AILE 1 100 INN
ELEV 1 100 INN
RUDD 1 100 INN

DX6i Travel Adjust Menu
Make sure you catch the arrow on the DX6i screen!

Hold rudder full right set > 100%
Hold rudder full left set <100%

Hold Aileron over full left and set <40% then full right >40%
Hold Elevator full down set 40% full up set 40%

Pitch throttle stick in lowest position 85% and max position 85%

Throttle setup lowest position 100% highest position 100%

ELEV arrow up 40 arrow down 40 ---- increase to 50% then 60% as you get used to the heli.
AILE right 40 left 40 ------------------------ increase to 50% then 60% as you get used to the heli.
RUDD arrow left 100 arrow right 100
PITCH arrow up 85 arrow down 85
Throttle lowest position 100% highest position 100%

Throttle Curve
L = 0
2=40
3=60
4=80
H=100

Use this Pitch Curve if you want a little negative pitch.
L=30
2=40
3=50
4=75%
H=100%

Use this Pitch curve if you don't want negative pitch.
L=50
2=50
3=50
4=75%
H=100%

Start out with 40% travel adjust Aileron and Elevator for a few flights until you are comfortable
hovering around indoors. This setting is just for getting used to the helicopter for a few flights!

Then bump up the Aileron and Elevator travel adjust up to 50% for a few days indoor practice
hovering and moving around.

Then when you are comfortable bump up the Aileron and Elevator travel adjust up to 50 % for a few days indoor practice hovering and moving around. You can also add a little more Expo say 15.

As you get more comfortable with the helicopter continue to bump the Aileron and Elevator travel adjust up in units of 10 - 60 each time adding 5 Expo once you can handle the helicopter at 60, 30 Expo if you want you can now cut the Aileron and Elevator DR back to about 80% and bump the Aileron and Elevator Travel Adjust up to 100 Expo 30. You are more than ready to have at Idle up flying.
I just bought an NANO CPX because I need something to fly indoors. The thing flew nicely out of the box but I wanted to see if your starter-settings would indeed make the heli tame... in a different way. like DOCILE!!
So I set up my DX6i with your settings and indeed, the behavior if the heli is different as all the movements are so much GENTLER and less ABRUPT. So. I guess there are six ways to skin a cat.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default It WORKS

Imzzaudae,

Thanks for a simple and clear set up, works like a charm.
I have a Blade 400, but it's been a loooooong time sense I flew it and I never was very good at it.

This little Heli and with your set up is helping me get back into the RC flying again!

Bill.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have a 400 and it would great for me if somebody could come up with some settings like these for my 400.
twoslick2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

I've just entered all the settings at the start of this thread and bound my DX6i to my Nano but have no throttle at all. All the other functions appear to work, any ideas??

Thanks
Pagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure if this is your problem but sometimes the Nano gets in a funky bind state where everything works but throttle. Rebind with the right rudder stick method as suggested in the manual.

But if you followed this "guide" I'd create a new model and rebind. This thread does the community a disservice in my opinion. Travel Adjust is NOT the way to change rates. Change the rates in the D/R Expo section so they are linked to switches and are not global.

All the OP had to do was change the rates to 50% for aileron and elevator and it would have done the same thing. Add 20% expo to reduce the "twitchy" factor if necessary.

The pitch curve, throttle curve and Reverse recommendations are fine though....
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Quite Your Fighting !!!

Ok Guy's, Quite fighting like Cats and Dogs over the last Beer in the Fridge. The bottom line here is that there are a lot of us members on this site that do not have the long time experience that others have. Going from FP to CP is a pee in your pants experience. Kind of like drinking 10 cups of coffee before you take off for the first time.
Yes, everyone has an input, but they are here to try to help us make the transition go as smooth as can be. You know the story, fly, Crash, fix, over and over again. I myself used their info on taming down my Nano using my 6i. I am so glade I did. Now I fly a lot more inside, and outside, and have not given it a dirt bath for over 4 weeks now.

Thank you Guy's for the input. I took all the info I read into consideration and started out very mild. Now I am ready for the next step up, Faster with more Control.

Dave
Dragonsbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I find that if I tame a new bird with dr and expo, it ends up that it doesn't respond as fast as I think it should so for my last bird, MCPX BL I just kept it factory and adjusted myself to how it flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks!

Imzzaudae I just wanted to thank you for this thread. This works great for me. For the first time I've been able to hover my nano! I even went 3 batteries in a row the other day with 3 solid over sessions and not a single crash. I just haven't been able to do that with DR/Expo. However, I suspect now the problem was expo more than DR. Anyway, I'll figure that out later, but for now, I CAN HOVER!

The only problem I continue to have is liftoff, its so easy for me to go out of control during liftoff. If I can get up cleanly though... its hover city

Thanks
vlaak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Horizon Hobby BL Upgrade

Imzzaudae,
I've been using your settings since day one with my ncpx and they have helped me a great deal. I upgraded to the HH Brush less setup after the original motor gave up at 40-50 flights.My question is are there any changes to your setup that I should make that will make the power of the brush less more noob friendly?
jscklc000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really enjoying my ncpx with these settings. I got my 50 flights out of the stock motor and upgraded to the HH brushless main motor and 45c batteries. I have toyed around with the different settings but have yet to tune it to the same TAME status that these get from stock motor. Anyone have noob friendly settings for DX6i that will quiet down the power of the brushless motor?
jscklc000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano settings

I am hovering better and better with these settings, need some good weather, Indoor flying breaks blades, tails, etc. I have switched to a solid tail.
Willvabch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobK View Post
Thanks Imzzaudae, I don't think good pilots remember the thrill of just getting in the air and flying without having to go pick up the bird. Bob
+1.

The set-up that Imzzaudae listed enabled me to actually get the "Evil Spawn" in the air. I could hover for the first time (kind of). Point being I didn't crash after 3 seconds. I am using a new gen DX6, so the only thing I had to do was not set the Pitch in "Reverse".

Big Thank You to you, Imzzaudae.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaFan View Post
+1.

The set-up that Imzzaudae listed enabled me to actually get the "Evil Spawn" in the air. I could hover for the first time (kind of). Point being I didn't crash after 3 seconds. I am using a new gen DX6, so the only thing I had to do was not set the Pitch in "Reverse".

Big Thank You to you, Imzzaudae.
MariaFan! lol Fancy meeting you here. Be careful - Helis are way addicting.
Sky Blue Lou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Lou View Post
MariaFan! lol Fancy meeting you here. Be careful - Helis are way addicting.
Man, there goes the neighborhood. (who can't notice my legs?)

Yeah, I hear you. I've bought a Syma S111G just before Christmas and got hooked.
Next a mCX, then a DX6, then the Spawn Nano.
I really enjoy it, though. Beats laying on concrete with oil dropping on my face.

Good seein' you too. There's a thread in the Lounge where we've been talking about RC planes and heli's.
Stop by when you get a chance.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got me a nice used nano, done with fp. Set mine up like Ron says on page one. I understand why both a D/R setting and TA setting work. I like learning the machine at full power and not having to worry about accidentally doing flips and what not. I just don't know why my TX makes it work, I have a more mechanical understanding of things anyway. Now I need to get used to the throttle being on a switch instead of an adjustable stick. This may be off topic but do all nanos make a sort of whining noise when just sitting idle with no input?
Skivon3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the noise is normal. It's the servos making that sound. It does it even when the servos are brand new. Some advice is to open them up with the screws on the back of the servo and clean the black oxidation off of the strip on the board. Use rubbing alcohol and a cloth, or a can of DeOxit. This should be done every 100 or so flights. Linear servos can last an incredibly long time when you clean them.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in