Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fleming View Post
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but.......the gain to the servos and percentage of the Stick Priority can be adjusted via the "preference" setup. I think I understand how this works. If I setup the on/off lead via a channel with a variable (volume control knob), which of the above functions will be varied? Or, is the answer none of the above. If so, what function will be varied?

Dum dum Bill
If you use a variable switch to control the CPII you vary the amount of control the CPII has on your heli. IE. ,,,,full swing up on your slider you allow the CPII to have its max control over your heli to the limits you programmed into it

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will be getting my cpII this coming up monday. Can't wait. I do have a question. Is a football field with the bleachers on each side enough room for the cpII to operate
johnnycat500 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
I will be getting my cpII this coming up monday. Can't wait. I do have a question. Is a football field with the bleachers on each side enough room for the cpII to operate
what is beyond the bleachers??

The CPII can operate in various area's but works best in the wide open and flat ground

Old 08-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

We simply are not communicating! "Control of the CP-ll" isn't the answer to the question! If you have control of something, what is it that you are controling? In this case it might be the gain to the the servos, or perhaps the % of Stick Priority, or maybe both! Or maybe their is some other feature that might be controlled!! I'm trying to determine what function within the CP-ll will be controlled via the volume knob. I will setup a my CP-ll with this arrangement and determine the answer. I'll post the results here. That way we'll both know! Thank you for your efforts.

Bill
Bill Fleming is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
what is beyond the bleachers??

The CPII can operate in various area's but works best in the wide open and flat ground
It is flat but a few small buildings.I think as you say, I will find a open field for my first flights just to be on the safe side
Old 08-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

I
Quote:
will setup a my CP-ll with this arrangement and determine the answer
Congratulations you figured out how to find out first hand. I read the maunal and post until I could hardly remember what I had read and then just took the heli out side, disconnect ESC from motor and tilted and turned heli while moving trans. stick until I figured it out.

The variable gain does not effect the gyro. If gyro gain is connected to CPII then you use the hand held unit to set the gyro gain. Stick priaurthy.. works like reverse expo. that is the higher it is set the faster it takes control away from CP II, you have more control and CP II has less controll as the stick is moved from center.

Remote gain controls the pitch / roll. If you have it set 70 / 50 (default) the remote gain can be used to reduce it. At least that is how it appears to work to me. I stopped trying to get it perfect and just went ahead and fly the heli and count on CP II to just give a major helping hand when I get disorintented which it does well. Hardest part for me is putting the stick in the center and letting it does its' part.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
We simply are not communicating! "Control of the CP-ll" isn't the answer to the question! If you have control of something, what is it that you are controling? In this case it might be the gain to the the servos, or perhaps the % of Stick Priority, or maybe both! Or maybe their is some other feature that might be controlled!! I'm trying to determine what function within the CP-ll will be controlled via the volume knob. I will setup a my CP-ll with this arrangement and determine the answer. I'll post the results here. That way we'll both know! Thank you for your efforts.

Bill
Your mind set is incorrect, your under the belief that using a slider will vary a certain function within the CPII ( gain, sensitivity what ever) all of those values are setup and fixed via the programmer in quick setup, so that the gains, sensitivities, flight angles are already in place to what ever percentage you setup .
the over all amount of control that the CPII (with the operating values you've programmed) is now varied via a slider.

You can see for yourself if you view the programmer and move your slider, if you view the "sensitivity" or gain or flight angles on the display of the programmer and move your slider you'll see the values remain But if you look @ the switching function assigned, that value will vary

The function is the same as when using a Helicommand on a slider, All flight and stabilization parameters are programmed and set into the unit, and when using a slider to operate the unit you only vary the overall amount the unit operates at.

The simplest comparison i can give you.. A stereo....you set treble, bass, balance, fade etc....equate those to the CPII setup parameters.... Now your volume control (slider) increases or decreases the output, BUT your settings remain the same, just the amount of drive you give it

Last edited by nightflyr; 08-08-2009 at 10:16 PM..
Old 08-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Now we're getting some where

If I set my Stick Priority say at 150 and my elevator and roll at 80, I can reduce these values, but not excede them by rotating the volume knob. Have I got it?

Bill
Old 08-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Another question for nightflyr

I flew my 600e today with the newly installed CP-ll and had a good day. I had the Stick Priority at 120 and the elev & roll at 65. It was a bit windy and I thought I was not going get my heli returned from a down wind position. I think I'm about as far as I can go on the E&R gains. Do I go higher on the Stick Prioriity, or increase the throws via the transmitter by going to high rates or mechanically adjusting for more travel.

BTW. Thank a lot for straightening me out on the other issue.

Bill
Old 08-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
If I set my Stick Priority say at 150 and my elevator and roll at 80, I can reduce these values, but not excede them by rotating the volume knob. Have I got it?

Bill
Your still thinking you can change set values that are done by the CPII programmer with your radio..... the programmer and your radio are 2 separate things, the only joint function you can act on with your Tx is the CPII output, the settings within the CPII remain unchanged.

your believing that the functional values programmed inside the CPII function like a gyro gain value being changeable through your Tx, it is not that way.

gyro gain is a 1 to 1 function, you change the value on your Tx and you change the value on the gyro

CPII is a 1 to 2 you change the value with your slider and you change the OVERALL output, BUT the internal setting remain the same.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nope, I got it.

Hi nightflyr

niteflyrMy example used incorrect terminology. The settings stay the same but turning the volume knob reduce the effect the CP-ll has on how the heli flies. Now. How do I go about gaining more control of the heli without reducing the leveling ability near center stick (hands off)

Bill
Old 08-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if you increase the stick priority % YOU get more control

Old 08-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my cpII today. 2 hours later it is flying. just got it so I don't understand alot about it yet. When the cpII is on it is not trimmed. Do I trim the tx or the cpII computer. when the cpII is on it does not go into idle up. About 1 min into the flight the rpm's on the motor started to go up and down. Bottom line I love it. need to start reading up
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default just got mine too

i just flew mine for the first time today. i was too chicken to see if it would recover a mistake. still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles.
nitrothugg is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Got my cpII today. 2 hours later it is flying. just got it so I don't understand alot about it yet. When the cpII is on it is not trimmed. Do I trim the tx or the cpII computer. when the cpII is on it does not go into idle up. About 1 min into the flight the rpm's on the motor started to go up and down. Bottom line I love it. need to start reading up
Ahhh yes..set it up, fly it around then read the manual...sound all too familiar

Old 08-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrothugg View Post
i just flew mine for the first time today. i was too chicken to see if it would recover a mistake. still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles.
If it is setup correctly it will recover very quickly from a dumb thumbs move...

Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

i need to watch a video on the setup. i tried using the flow chart and manual but it is a difficult read. i just tried leaving mostly all the default settings. i have it on my 6ex with the gyro switch as on and off. i tried to flick the switch and control the heli but it was a fight. i put the off % at 1 and the heli seemed manageable. this was just with one tank of fuel in a small lot. i plan on taking it to the air field later in the week where i can put it high enough to where i may be able to recover - i'm still a noob.
nitrothugg is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Ahhh yes..set it up, fly it around then read the manual...sound all too familiar
You Are so right...LOL And the funny thing I did not crash for once. downloaded the manuals. No more test hops till I read up
Old 08-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrothugg View Post
i need to watch a video on the setup. i tried using the flow chart and manual but it is a difficult read. i just tried leaving mostly all the default settings. i have it on my 6ex with the gyro switch as on and off. i tried to flick the switch and control the heli but it was a fight. i put the off % at 1 and the heli seemed manageable. this was just with one tank of fuel in a small lot. i plan on taking it to the air field later in the week where i can put it high enough to where i may be able to recover - i'm still a noob.
Video's are on the FMA Direct site if you like to view them.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
You Are so right...LOL And the funny thing I did not crash for once. downloaded the manuals. No more test hops till I read up
Smart move, most of the question I've fielded here are right in the manual, if folks would just take 30 minutes to read it, would save them hours of grief

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in