Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I did not receive a belt tensioner in the kit or with the CF upgrade. The manual hints that the belt tension should be on the tight side so I'm not sure if it is necessary. I did read that it is not necessary using the stock tail case. Anyway, what's the part #?

I have mine all disassembled right now. Contemplating getting new frames. I spent hours and hours on that thing, wanted to get it out of sight, out of mind but I keep coming back here hoping to see some miracle cure.

e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think part number is 04274 - Carbon belt tensioner LOGO 500 SE. Should be as 400 and 500 share the same carbon tail. I think it may actually induce even more vibes.
Kalpazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

update! i think maarset advice did the trick. grips are smooth and a friend of mine and me got rit off the litle gab between grip and hub.. spooled it up and went from 2800-4050 to 400 in vibes! i'm gonna fly the hell out of it now!

thanks alot to all off you guys. for your help and support and tips to get my logo in the air again!

all we need now is to get egaus up and flying again!
Yoda DK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh man that is so good to HEAR! Awesome!

maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great news! So just the tail grips/hub themselves were the issue?

Quote:
and a friend of mine and me got rit off the litle gab between grip and hub
Please tell me what that means, I can't quite get it. Got rid of the little gap?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
Oh man that is so good to HEAR! Awesome!

thanks for tips maarset
Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Great news! So just the tail grips/hub themselves were the issue?

Please tell me what that means, I can't quite get it. Got rid of the little gap?

Thanks!
yes it was the grips and hub that caused the vibes. sorry for my bad english. i'm talkink about the litle play there was between grip and hub. wenn pulling the grips there is alitle play. thats what i'm talking about.

i have put alot of heli's to gether but i haver never tried any tail so sensitiv to vibes like this one. my tails has always been smooth. and i have never had problems before now
Old 03-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda DK View Post
yes it was the grips and hub that caused the vibes. sorry for my bad english. i'm talkink about the litle play there was between grip and hub. wenn pulling the grips there is alitle play. thats what i'm talking about.

i have put alot of heli's to gether but i haver never tried any tail so sensitiv to vibes like this one. my tails has always been smooth. and i have never had problems before now
Yah blind dumb monkeys can put a align tail unit together. Once my align heli had a bad tail vibe and it was because one of the thrust bearings was coming apart.

The UK grips give your logo a very vibe free tail but their geometry is kind of wacky still I believe.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yah blind dumb monkeys can put a align tail unit together. Once my align heli had a bad tail vibe and it was because one of the thrust bearings was coming apart.

The UK grips give your logo a very vibe free tail but their geometry is kind of wacky still I believe.
but i thought that UK fixed the geometry problem? will the 600 uk tail fit on the 400 se?
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

but i thought that UK fixed the geometry problem? will the 600 uk tail fit on the 400 se?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i get vibes of about 1100-1800 in flight and i haven't noticed any adverse affects and i fly hard 3D.
blueprint is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hmmm I don't know. Yes. I had uk tail on my 400 and 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know what to do. My tail assembly seems pretty sweet. Now I have a mostly disassembled Logo 400 and the choice to get new frames (because the holes where the 8 screws join the tail are somewhat marred) or a UK tail. I'll go take my tail assemblies to a friend who flies Logos, see what he thinks.

Thanks guys.

Hey Yoda, did you have some good flights? Fun copter, yeah?

e
Old 03-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blue : wenn i fly with my protos. i get about 1500 in vibes. and that is 3d. but wenn i flew the logo. i got 3000 in vibes with out doing 3d

maarset: if i get vibes again on stock tail. i'll change it to a uk tail

egaus: if i were you. i would put the hole heli together and take it to your friend. so it can be testet with a new set of eyes if you know what i mean? go over your tail again. and make sure grips spin really really smooth. and make sure there is no play in your grips.

i haven't flown the logo. got home late last night. and to day the weather is really bad. but i was hoping that i could fly it tomorrow. if the weather is good
Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
I don't know what to do. My tail assembly seems pretty sweet. Now I have a mostly disassembled Logo 400 and the choice to get new frames (because the holes where the 8 screws join the tail are somewhat marred) or a UK tail. I'll go take my tail assemblies to a friend who flies Logos, see what he thinks.

Thanks guys.

Hey Yoda, did you have some good flights? Fun copter, yeah?

e
Yah the more you remove the boom the more the 8 holes get grooved. And that makes it even more difficult to get the tail drive gear meshed properly. And the boom perpendicular to the main shaft. Another good tip is run the heli on the bench with no main blades and tail blades mounted and tail control rod disconected. Then carefully feel different places on the heli for vibs. A nice flying logo 400 should sit pretty still on the bench in one spot. don't give up egaus. You can do it. It will be well worth it when it is in the air and flying vib free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

Despite the grooved holes I always managed to get the tail lined up within .1 degree of square. The mesh was difficult though, never got that how I liked it, always either too tight or too loose. Maybe new frames are in order.

I'll work on this some more, just not right away. Thanks.

I have a UK tail on my Logo 600. It works fine. Maybe I can test using that.

e
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Blue :

i haven't flown the logo. got home late last night. and to day the weather is really bad. but i was hoping that i could fly it tomorrow. if the weather is good
Good luck Danny !!! I'm glad you finally found the problem... keep us posted on how you like it in the air !

/Kurt
Old 03-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by galensk View Post
Good luck Danny !!! I'm glad you finally found the problem... keep us posted on how you like it in the air !

/Kurt
Thanks Kurt. and thanks alot for your help well i tried flying the logo yesterday. i put 6 packs on. but from the start tail gain was way to high. i startet at 62 and keept lowering it ended up on 54,and it is still to high i didn't have to lower it so much the first time i flew it.. before all the vibe thing started.

first 4 packs i flew it with plastic blades. and the last 2 packs i tried edge blades. but it made no difference.

tail slider is smoot. tail gribs are smooth. carbon rod from tail to servo has no binding. what am i missing??? is it normal with tail gain that low??
Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not really sure. I'd just keep lowering the gain. My logo 400 had a gain of 64. What head speed are you running?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

tail slider is smoot. tail gribs are smooth. carbon rod from tail to servo has no binding. what am i missing??? is it normal with tail gain that low??
Hi Danny,
I have mine right on the mark for LOGO400 in the VBAR software. However I have had it a bit lower too but didn't feel much difference.

Fly and enjoy it !!!

/Kurt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in