Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tarot ZYX S2 Settings Trims

I did see the thread on the ZYX but not so much info on the S2.

The unit is installed on a Gartt 450L. This is my first FBL heli. I cant seem to get a rock solid hover like my FB helis.

I am using 3D settings with a few minor changes to the settings. I had to lower the agility for roll and pitch because the heli was too twitchy even with D/R and Expo set in the transmitter. I also had to raise the total gain a bit for roll and pitch because the heli was a little mushy feeling. I also raised the I-gain for roll and pitch to try and stop the constant drifting at hover in no wind. I do understand it will not hover itself. Swash plate is level at 0 pitch and also checked at 12 and -12 and all is level.

1. The heli hovers tilted slightly to the right and drifts left and back. I can not get the balance right even with the battery as far forward as it can go. Still tilts back slightly. Can I trim this out with the transmitter or in the setup of the FBL unit only?

2. The heli is way more sensitive with elevator moves than with Aileron moves. Do I even this out with agility settings?

3. I am using firmware 1.0 with software 1.1. Also use Bluetooth app. Is there a 1.1 firmware to match the software version. I cant seem to find one.

Thanks In advance
HW911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2016, 06:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

As far as I know there are no settings in the zyx that affect drift with no wind. Whenever I have had that, I find something else that has done it. Things like not level swash, or improper orientation or movement of the heli when powering on, or vibration, or wind.

I have heard never to adjust trims in the transmitter with a fbl.

If you cannot solve twitchy ness with the transmitter D/R, I would think there are problems with servos, or not optimum servo arm hole selection, or slop in the mechanics.

I have only adjusted parameters in the zyx to address flight characteristics like oscillation, or slow response to wind disturbance, or try to improve piro stops.

I fly HobbyKing parts which probably are not the all that accurate, but I have not seen the problems you are addressing. You might look in to the rcgroups forum. I think there is a bigger following of zyx there.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2016, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the response. I used the hole in the servo arms that was recommended for the gyro. How can I tell I'm getting the proper throw on the arm. I can tell you that I had to reduce travel in the gyro settings to get it down to 12. If I do go to a closer hole to center the links will not be vertical. They will be slightly on an angle.

Thanks again
Old 05-20-2016, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some pictures to compare.
I have not worried too much about the angle. My balls are about 11mm. If I think it is too twitchy in the collective, I reduce the collective travel some. I think the pitch is somewhere between 11 and 12. I guess you can even out the aileron and elevator response by adjusting the travels in the zyx, I may be too much of a sport flier to be able to notice different responses between those. From my reading, I think the zyx is a fairly cheap basic FBL, and there are better ones out there. When and if I start doing 3d, I may feel the need to upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	exihead.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	653005   Click image for larger version

Name:	zyxtravel.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	653006  
Old 05-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

make sure swash is 100% level use a bobble level or a pitch gauge. the way to trim it is to get the ssh level. get your arms 90 i kno it takes some time but its worth it when your heli flys perfect.
you can use the trim in the software if needed to make small adjustments

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My swash is perfectly level. I 3d printed something sort of like the zip tie trick. snap it on main shaft just touch swash and turn main shaft and get all three points to just touch. Servo arms are all at 90 at 0 pitch.

I am going to go one hole shorter on the arm which i think may help. Maybe the gyro is slightly over correcting. makes sense.

Thanks for the pics and help.

I do have a 450L dominator in the box still with the microbeast plus. I bought the gartt just to get familiar with FBL and practice flying again. I haven't flown steady since around 1998. Kinda like an old rusty bolt.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed Align blade clips and the heli is much more stable at hover. The blades would wiggle slightly in the holder on the bench. Installed the blade clips and all play is gone, blades are rock solid now.

I still have drift left and back. Back is due to a tail heavy situation.
Left is probably push from the tail blades. I guess I need to trim it out. I thought the gyro would sense this and correct the drift. Is it normal to trim out a FBLsystem?? Should I trim mechanical or the radio or the FBL software?

Thanks
Old 06-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont think it is normal to have to trim a fbl heli. Take care of the tail heavy and see what is left.
There is a sensor deadband. It says set a low value if vibration is low. It has to do with how much error is allowed before the FBL takes action. I have 3 which is default.
If it is still there, perhaps there is not enough roll and pitch gains in the fbl. Be careful of going too much though, you could get oscillation. I have 50 in each in my 450 which is a little higher than default.
There are I gains in the advanced section which say they can improve the hold performance, but I have not fooled with them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in