Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Buyer Beware

Buyer Beware! I’m not saying “neal the ace” is a scammer https://www.helifreak.com/itrader.php?u=196067
I’m just describing my transaction with him. Paid him 21 January, had to remind him 26 January to ship or refund. The package arrived Feb 2, packaging was absolute crap, USPS put damaged stickers on the package.

I have purchased 6 used 130X Helis from guys on the Freak and this, number 7, is the first time I got ripped.

You can see his sales post on https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...light=neal+ace

My comments are in red.
it flies great, (BULL S__T) just don't need it right now, I took it apart too put a new motor in it and rebuilt it from the ground up "upgrade from the stock" and lost some parts in the processs you will need a main gear and a link too fly it

upgrades include

full lynx dfc head bent feathering shaft
lynx swash
lynx kanding gear right front side CF leg cracked repaired
lynx b gear
lynx c and d gear lynx C & D gear will not mesh in stock tail box, bearings in tail box need to be replaced
lynx tail servo with mounts
lynx tail blades
lynx v2 tail shaft
lynx tail pitch slider
lynx tail blade grips
quantum motor motor feedback to controller causes the 3 in 1 unit to fail moving at least one servo to an extreme position. This Heli never flew with this motor installed. The connector was cut off the original motor and soldered on the Quantum. No shrink wrap on bare motor wires.
Main frame right side had a crack that was repairable.
Main shaft broken under the upper fixing collar.
The CF main blades pictured were useless, one blade tip was damaged to the point of delamination.

you get everything in the pics, I also have a stock canopy too go with it The included canopy was piece of trash
ad a lynx main gear, and a link and go fly..i have the red hub that fits the lynx main gear need to add a lynx main shaft just a slight omission.
I will include 1 thunder power 70c 2s lipo and a bunch of screws, and stock parts too go with it. fast sale for 130.00 shipped obo. I paid him $85 the value was about $45. It flies now.

Last edited by ds1rc; 02-10-2015 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: spelling
ds1rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

ok here is what I am going too say, I have a 100% feedback on all of my accounts on here, rc groups and all other fourms! I have never had an issue buying or selling as I stand up for the stuff I sell! if you had an issue with it you could have contacted me and I would have kindly refunded you for the item, as far as the heli goes all "upgraded" parts were brand new..I have the invoice too prove it if needed and the tracking that shows all the upgraded parts were delivered the day before I sold it too you."hence why I did a rebuild on it!" next time before posting a thread about someone and knocking them down please pm them, we all know how finicky the 130x's can be., I can asure you 100% that the heli flew with the quantum motor and that board perfectly fine, infact I can get several people too stand up for me as they saw it fly at my field. let the people of helifreak decide..

thanks,
neal
neal the ace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds1rc View Post
Buyer Beware! I’m not saying “neal the ace” is a scammer...
You never contacted him to see if he would take care of any of this prior to blasting away in the scammer forum?
Old 02-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 02-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Might be nice if you contacted him first and gave him a chance to remedy things. This is a good example of why I rarely sell anything unless it is NIP or to someone I know well. I usually do a video of the bird flying off of the current days' newspaper as well, or at least where the paper can be seen

I've been "burned" before on a 130x purchase, if you can call it that. I contacted the seller and he gave me the parts to make it good. Gave him a rating even though there were initially problems. It's why his name will not be mentioned here
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2015, 07:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i don't due any trading or selling on here anymore due to these problems! if i cant sell or trade locally then i just keep the item,got a couple helis i wanted to get rid of but it isnt worth the hassle
Eyeballmike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal the ace View Post
ok here is what I am going too say, I have a 100% feedback on all of my accounts on here, rc groups and all other fourms! I have never had an issue buying or selling as I stand up for the stuff I sell! if you had an issue with it you could have contacted me and I would have kindly refunded you for the item, as far as the heli goes all "upgraded" parts were brand new..I have the invoice too prove it if needed and the tracking that shows all the upgraded parts were delivered the day before I sold it too you."hence why I did a rebuild on it!" next time before posting a thread about someone and knocking them down please pm them, we all know how finicky the 130x's can be., I can asure you 100% that the heli flew with the quantum motor and that board perfectly fine, infact I can get several people too stand up for me as they saw it fly at my field. let the people of helifreak decide..

thanks,
neal
Hey Neal, could you send me a tracking number when you get one for the motor and heli I bought off you. Sorry tried to send you a PM but it gets kicked back that your not accepting PM's. Greatly appreciated!
dhc8guru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2015, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal the ace View Post
ok here is what I am going too say, I have a 100% feedback on all of my accounts on here, rc groups and all other fourms!
How many accounts does he have on here? By his own admission, more than one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2015, 03:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good point. Sounds kinda fishy. Possibly giving ones own self good feedback? No assumptions. Just odd having "many"accounts
Old 07-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

by "all of my accounts " I mean my one helifreak account.., rc groups.. run Ryder..etc.. didn't mean specifically on helifreak

neal
neal the ace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 06:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's good to know.
I really hate to see the "good trader gone bad" scenario.
Based on your prior feedback alone, I am choosing to believe the fact that your account got hacked, and some damage was done. Every trader that I know goes out of his way to make sure that all deals are satisfied.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also find it ironic that shortly after Inkslingingmofo77 made that comment right above Neal's, he started scamming people on here. He has his own scam thread

Tags
130x, neal the ace

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in