Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flymentor is Ridiculously Good

I should try to kick the heli to see if it can really drift or not

Stable like a rock with 1 trim less than default sensitive. I should make it less sensi, as it is very stable, I feel it wobble after some manuever.

Very impressive.

One question: it seems my throttle is affected by FM that somtime I put on more throttle the motor RPM dropped, when I reduce throttle, RPM even increase.
modeleryang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad it is working so well for you another success story I guess

FM has no control what so ever over the throttle which is connected directly from RX to ESC, but its control over cyclic could affect head speed somewhat

Need more information on what is going on exactly, what heli and tx
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I"m glad you're successful because I'm not! I can set it up so that i can fly... but it seems to have no extra stability. It's flashing green so it appears to be on (i don't need the positioning), and i have the green wire plugged in so the gain is controlled from the tx... but it seems to have no effect on stability at all... what am i doing wrong? using a dx7 and a 6100e rx.
morgusmax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try using the blue wire to control the balancer gain. The green wire is rudder gyro gain.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

AHA!! Thanks P!
morgusmax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It is Trex 500, FTB 6EX.
I set pitch as 0,5,9 degree. throttle 0,40,65,85,100.
But I can feel RPM never increase after mid-stick, maybe should check pitch again
Old 06-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

What ESC and have you got rev limiter or governor setup on it?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't change anything, but it just come in this way. I have recaliberated the pitch today, gonna test tomorrow
Old 06-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

scribble0073300 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

it is all good now
Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Waggy waggy swashy swashy

How'd you do it??? I'm kinda having lot of hair loss in calibrating my FM. I cannot figure out how can I straighten things up. I use KDS K-7X TX & KDS K-8X RX. Cannot think that something is wrong somewhere else. But you guys are talking it very easy to setup.
But I;ve noticed that the rudder is in correct setting but all 3 servos are in twat. Please can somebody give some hints with these pairs.
ronatoju is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronatoju View Post
How'd you do it??? I'm kinda having lot of hair loss in calibrating my FM. I cannot figure out how can I straighten things up. I use KDS K-7X TX & KDS K-8X RX. Cannot think that something is wrong somewhere else. But you guys are talking it very easy to setup.
But I;ve noticed that the rudder is in correct setting but all 3 servos are in twat. Please can somebody give some hints with these pairs.
Need more info, what heli, do you have the software up and running, what exactly is the problem. Ivor
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FlyMentor works way better than I thought it would...

It was really easy to wire and setup. At first the heli drfited a bit but I turned off Fly Mentor trimmed the heli up without it then put it back in position mode at was real very impressed. Right now I gave the flymentor gyro a shot too and it seem better than I would have thought too... I have not taken it out and ran it around much yet... I just killed to batteries getting it trimmed up and just staring at it hold its spot over a sidwalk chalk drawing in varying breeze. It stayed put very well... I can't wait to take it where I have some room to play with it. I was just excited so I figured I'd come spill it.... So far the only downfall I have is Vista 64 compatability and being as I have 2 xp machines Flymentor gets 10 Stars form me so far. It has initialized first time everytime so far. I am running the gain on the tail pretty high but the gain on the position pretty low and she looks great so far......
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FM interferen

Hi
i'm using also helicommand 3A and flymentor 3D
My question is that i noticed sometimes (quite often) something like interference on the servos (swash) with flymentor.
The swashplate is shaking for a small period , and it happening sometimes that the engine starts !!!
It is so strange that the esc is controlled directly from the RX , but semms that the flymentor is interferring the RX somehow that some backsignal controlling the Esc
Oh , i had also strange hard swash interference on Walkera 60B with flymentor so almost crashed.
Now i using new heli with same Flymentor , esc, engine, battery .
Byteway the Helicommand working very well with my Hirobo shuttle .
I really apreciate also some setup of Flymentor helibal for tail gyro setting and stabilisation with HK 450 GT heli
I'm quite curiouse about somebody has the same situation .
gjenck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
Need more info, what heli, do you have the software up and running, what exactly is the problem. Ivor
I fly
KDS450C
equipped with
KDS swash servos
E-SKY 9g digital servo for rudder
KDS 40-A ESC
KDS K-8X rx
KDS K-7X TX
KDS Flymentor 3D

See, on first, the wiring of course and then I power-up the TX and FM by the channel 3 from RX through the ESC and I linked the FM to the computer. Then the Helibal. After that the 3 servos goes nuts. But the tail servo is quite correctly responsive and resistive from outside force. But the thing is the swashplate servos are nuts.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronatoju View Post
I fly
KDS450C
equipped with
KDS swash servos
E-SKY 9g digital servo for rudder
KDS 40-A ESC
KDS K-8X rx
KDS K-7X TX
KDS Flymentor 3D

See, on first, the wiring of course and then I power-up the TX and FM by the channel 3 from RX through the ESC and I linked the FM to the computer. Then the Helibal. After that the 3 servos goes nuts. But the tail servo is quite correctly responsive and resistive from outside force. But the thing is the swashplate servos are nuts.
Not sure whats going on here but first make sure mixing is off on your TX.
First get software up and running, then power up FM should have a green flashing LED. Then connect usb lead. Ivor
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

gjenck,
I have it installed on a 450 gt but I am setting both level from my tx... I have flymentors gain on a knob so I can tweak it aorund all I want where I want while flying. A far as the tail goes I think I am at 80% on my tx and it holds very well except when I really punch the collective then it sways a bit but I have yet to really spend anytime fooling with it. It is all at factory default except for the gain...I had a blast playing with it today in a strong breeze with pretty good gusts too It was crazy how well it did. After all the reading I did on this I thought the gyro would be worse than it is. It's not my 401 yet but I bet I will eventually dial it in where its almost there....futabas 401 is really freakishly good if you ask me but this is pretty dang good too already with little play with it time... What tail servo are you using? I am using a cheap vigor with fly mentor and like I said it is surpirsingly good. I wonder if I threw the futaba 2654 on with the fly mentor instead of the vigor-6 and threw the vigor on with the 401 if the drift when i punch it would go with the servo or stay with the heli???

Last edited by TeeJayShelton; 06-30-2010 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: addressing
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 04:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
Not sure whats going on here but first make sure mixing is off on your TX.
First get software up and running, then power up FM should have a green flashing LED. Then connect usb lead. Ivor
Do you know somebody uses K-7X TX? (similar to Futaba 6EX)

I put out all the subtrims, travel length, neutral and mixing I do not know exactly what are the other mixture) from the TX but if I put out the swash mixture and dual rate mixture ware no response totally of the swash servos from TX commands.

Can I post video clip somewhere here? So that I will cover my actual calibration and post in here.

Last edited by ronatoju; 06-30-2010 at 11:44 AM..
Old 06-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to reach a situation that each stick action affects only a single servo, meaning that no servos act in tandem any longer
Old 06-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
You need to reach a situation that each stick action affects only a single servo, meaning that no servos act in tandem any longer
How am I supposed to reach that?

I use KDS K-7X TX similar to Futaba 6EX.

Last edited by ronatoju; 06-30-2010 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Added 1 sentence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in