Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy Flymentor Gyro & Tail settings, Cannot get tail to hold.

This has been going on for weeks and any info would be greatly appreciated. I have a KDS 450SV with FM, TX is stock K-7XII, RX is stock K-8X. Since the FM gyro has no external adjustments i have been using the field programmer, i have no clue as to what the settings need to be on the field programmer or the Tx. I cannot for the life of me get the tail to stick, always breaks into a ccw rotation, i've tried reversing through FM programmer and Tx, i have the slider centered and it moves correctly when staticly swung left and right. I do notice one thing, the slider will slowly creep all the way to the boom or vice versa, i've tried over and over the mechanical set up to no avail. I don't know how you guys are getting to fly without FM because the gyro is part of the FM, the stock Tx only allows for on or off. I've tried setting it up with FM off and on, still no good. I need to know the settings for the field programmer and the settings for the tx, i am new to this and need some educated been there done that help. I know my settings are messed up, i can move rudder stick with slider centered and i only get travel in one direction??? Any help will be an abundance of help, i really am wanting to fly this bad, my friends fly's perfect and he has got the exact setup.
bangwings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangwings View Post
This has been going on for weeks and any info would be greatly appreciated. I have a KDS 450SV with FM, TX is stock K-7XII, RX is stock K-8X. Since the FM gyro has no external adjustments i have been using the field programmer, i have no clue as to what the settings need to be on the field programmer or the Tx. I cannot for the life of me get the tail to stick, always breaks into a ccw rotation, i've tried reversing through FM programmer and Tx, i have the slider centered and it moves correctly when staticly swung left and right. I do notice one thing, the slider will slowly creep all the way to the boom or vice versa, i've tried over and over the mechanical set up to no avail. I don't know how you guys are getting to fly without FM because the gyro is part of the FM, the stock Tx only allows for on or off. I've tried setting it up with FM off and on, still no good. I need to know the settings for the field programmer and the settings for the tx, i am new to this and need some educated been there done that help. I know my settings are messed up, i can move rudder stick with slider centered and i only get travel in one direction??? Any help will be an abundance of help, i really am wanting to fly this bad, my friends fly's perfect and he has got the exact setup.
First you have to adjust the mechanical setting of the control rod length ie control horn 90degree and the slider in the middle with the gyro in rate mode.
Reset the gyro in Head hold mode. The servo will creep to one side, use the trim of the Tx to adjust the speed of creeping until it take the longest time to creep to one side.
Adjust the gyro gain until the tail stop hunting. This may go down to very low value. I use +20 only.
samclee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in