Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Thinking about upgrading

I just sold my msrx, and I'm considering the nano cpx. I have to admit though, the number of posts about motors going withing 50 flights is really off-putting...

I'd rather not have to replace the motor every 10 days (assuming 6 or so flights a day), is this problem as common as it seems here? Is someone coming out with an alternate plug and play motor at any point?

I'm mostly interested in upgrading because of the msrx left turn/piro issues. I love my mcpx but I do like having something smaller and more crashable around!
filez41 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

50 flights is really put off for sure. Mine one is beginning to lose power after 30 flights. I am currently anxiously waiting for dylan's brushless option.
there arent any alternative (less rip off) plug and play brushed motors available at this point.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well... shoot. I've never done a brushless conversion, I'm slightly intimidated by them. It would be nice to have a helicopter that can use all the batteries I've accumulated for the msr x without having to do a huge overhual up front. I guess I'll hold out for now...
filez41 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have put quite a few flights on mine and it's still going strong
PhlipSticx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine has just started to fail. It's not starting right. I don't want to run it like that, as it may short the brushes eventually.

It's going to cost me just over $10/month in main motors for this thing, assuming that I fly it just as much as I do now. Which is almost every day, often 8 packs.

LHS didn't get any main motors. I was a bit surprised since he had many other parts. He's getting me two on Thursday.

He did have a couple of main motors in the complete parts kit form (assembled for end-user convenience). I got one of those for now.
Matt L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am at 63 flights and my motor is still nice and strong. Indoors only but it's still given an exceptional beating.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by filez41 View Post
I just sold my msrx, and I'm considering the nano cpx. I have to admit though, the number of posts about motors going withing 50 flights is really off-putting...

I'd rather not have to replace the motor every 10 days (assuming 6 or so flights a day), is this problem as common as it seems here? Is someone coming out with an alternate plug and play motor at any point?

I'm mostly interested in upgrading because of the msrx left turn/piro issues. I love my mcpx but I do like having something smaller and more crashable around!
If you still have a compatible radio, go for it! $130 for the BNF is well worth it. I have two nanos that probably have at least 75 flights apiece and the motors are fine. If you were frustrated with the crazy mSRX behavior (e.g. quirky left turns), the nano will be a breath of fresh air. It has none of those issues. I find it very easy to flip and fly inverted, even though I am no pro pilot by any stretch. IMHO, the nano is what the mSRX should have been and more, due to it being CP.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just pretend you're buying fuel and it will feel better.

Seriously though, my tx shows that I've flown roughly 9.5 hours on my Nanos ( I have two of them, which I alternate to allow for the motors to cool). This would mean I probably have around 70 flights on each of them. So far, my Nanos are both running strong on their first motors.

I'm an intermediate level pilot - I don't do any serious 3d, and I've been flying fairly conservatively while I wait for the parts to become more readily available. Also, I have not yet flown this thing in IU, and I haven't had any crashes with the motor running.

I think there is a bit of luck involved with these little motors. I had a run of bad motors with my MSRX, but when I finally got a good one, it lasted for quite a while.

I also have to agree with Ric66. The MSRX had some pretty quirky flight characteristics. The Nano responds in a very predictable way. I find it much easier to manage in a small space than the MSRX was.

Last edited by Rustynailz; 10-23-2012 at 08:07 AM..
Rustynailz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

45+ flights so far and my motor is totally fine.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm on my third motor in a little over six weeks. But, I'm not bothered by it. The nano is so much fun. I don't mind replacing motors because, nothing else breaks. I have 51 flights on the current motor and it still runs strong.
Jim1946 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in