Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bad tail issues/blade length

I've had nothing but tail problems. I had to sand the frames, belt kept coming off and a wag. After sorting out the mechanical issues my tail wag was unchanged. I finally put the heli next to my furion 450 and it hit me. The tail rotor diameter with the stock blades on the warp is 32.5mm more than my furion,whos tail is fast and holds excellent. Stock warp diameter is 186mm, furion's 154. I put my beat up furion blades(10mm shorter than stock compass) on the warp and bingo, night and day. The tails not perfect after 1 flight, but much better. I still have a bad bearing in my swashplate, need to tweak the settings and waiting for new small(61mm) cf tail blades. I'm hoping I'll have it all sorted before christmas, I love how quiet it is. I also feel it will be a very smooth machine and I like the larger profile. I don't think I'll regret not selling it after the initial issues. Thanks again to Mike and Jeff for going above and beyond with their customer service. I dare you to find another rep for any co. that would pull parts off their machine to make sure the customer is happy. Mike at nankin has a customer for life.
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you get a chance, flip some Edge 60mm's on there ... they work awesome. It's quite possible that I didn't experience the issues you had because I went straight to 60mm tail blades.... ??

I'm very happy that you're finally able to see how well this helicopter is going to fly. I can't wait until you have it fully tweaked!
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default tweaked

Me too, thanks again for the push.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I must have missed it, but are you still having issues with the belt popping off frito?

Sent from my phone
Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default belt

No that was resolved with work on the pulleys.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was it caused by the wobble from the pulleys, because of not being able to tighten them properly to avoid binding?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default pulleys

I had two issues with the pulleys one it was touching the frame which was stopping it and the second was on the bolt with two pulleys the bolt was not well secured to the casting and so it backed out putting too much pressure on the tail pulley bearings making them notchy.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok!
Nice to know you've got it sorted out, because this heli is a blast to fly: Fast stable and silent.
For mine to be perfect, i just want to be able to fly with high rpm without tail buzz, have carbons 60mm on the way.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Check the pitch slider side bearing, if it comes unglued it will buzz!
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you referring to the bearings in the pitch slider, didn't took them out of the slider.
The ones in the tail case have been glued, and re-glued.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

The bearings in the side plate like to break free of ca ,I'm using blue locktite and that is holding so far.
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

When i reglued the bearings, i've tried to make the bearings a bit rougher with a file and did the same to the carbon plate in the area where the bearing sits. Cleaned everything from grease and glued.
Will take the main blades off to spin that tail and look closely if they still turn.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in