Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Economical EXI/clone 450 components selection

I recently fell in love with my first 450 size helicopter, the Blade 400 and I was thinking about getting a second one to have ready if this one goes down for repairs. I have also heard alot about how much people love the Trex/EXI/clone 450's so I'm thinking about saving up and building one for the experience. My question is what components (gyro, servos, esc, motor) would you guys pick that mix value and capability? No 3D interest here, pretty much FFF and general sport flying. I have the DX6I so I will be using a
spektrum rx. Any and all suggestions appreciated. I have also seen Trex packages on line for a bit under $400. Can I do a clone for alot less? I would have to save up for a single purchase like that so I hoped to buy it piece by piece.
jedi391 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally? If it were between buying a clone kit and parts brand new or finding an actualy 450 that's been used... I'd go with the latter. I bought my Trex 450SA from rcuniverse.com classified. It was in excellent shape. I flew it for years before recently selling it to a friend to fund my new, larger heli. By the time I sold it it was a bonified SE V2. Unbelievable machine!

As far as parts go, I'd recommend going with a strong servo such as an hs-65 for the cyclic as weaker servos won't center well and the heli will be all over the place.Also, it's worth your money investing in a nice gyro/tail servo combo. Just buy a recognizable name : Futaba,JR,Quark,Hitec.
With my 450, I never had any power issues with the stock align motor/esc. I only noticed it was a little weak once I started practicing tic-tocs.

just my $0.02
antennaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in